• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If 2 teams from the same conference make the playoffs

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbie and that dude from UGA just said no PAC 12 teams in the playoff this year.

Said they will beat each other up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do agree about recruiting value in game locations.

But what is bigger in recruiting - playing those games in Atlanta and Texas, or winning National Championships?

As for FCS - they rarely play more than 2 drives, and as far as injuries goes playing a team like LSU is way more brutal than the FCS team.

DO you think Bama is going to play Sam Houston State in Dallas or Houston to gain exposure to Texas recruits? Has to be a decent game to get the recruits to come.

If they are so concerned about injuries you would think they would rest the starters at every chance they get. Most the times starters play about a half. McCarron was playing in the 3Q vs Chattanooga last year. It is a fact that coaches routinely risk injury with players in games against inferior competition.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbie and that dude from USA just said no PAC 12 teams in the playoff this year.

Said they will beat each other up.

Probably true. The Pac is loaded this year and very deep.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO you think Bama is going to play Sam Houston State in Dallas or Houston to gain exposure to Texas recruits? Has to be a decent game to get the recruits to come.

If they are so concerned about injuries you would think they would rest the starters at every chance they get. Most the times starters play about a half. McCarron was playing in the 3Q vs Chattanooga last year. It is a fact that coaches routinely risk injury with players in games against inferior competition.

No, they will play Sam Houston State at home as usual, which will probably bring in more money, especially to the city businesses themselves. They may try to in general schedule games for recruits, but there is way more to it than that. I'm sure going to Texas is great for recruiting, but you have to look at it all.

Alabama has already had a weaker schedule the past 2 years with the current system trying to ride the strength of the SEC, which if last years trend continues won't last too much longer. It's not that big of a deal to have cupcakes on the schedule, and given the amount of #1 recruiting classes we've had lately, I don't think it's hurting recruiting either. I'm pretty sure them National Championships are doing all kinds of recruiting right now.

I'm hoping for better SoS and I don't see how going to conference champions only is going to do that when there is no real incentive to do so. It's going to be all about the conference.