• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ian White signed up

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are trying to get my hopes back up...not gonna be optimistic. Reverse psychology.

Don't get your hopes up. Just got a text that his rights might get traded.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Hejda that good? If he wants $3.5 that might be too rich for the Sharks. How about bringing back Scott Hannan? Not sure if he would be any cheaper.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is Hejda that good? If he wants $3.5 that might be too rich for the Sharks. How about bringing back Scott Hannan? Not sure if he would be any cheaper.

IMO Hejda fits better because he is very mobile for his size and though he's a defensive dman he is not a liability to the transition game. Hannan skates like he's going through mud and handles the puck as if it's a live grenade.

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Hannan, I believe has lost a step.

He would be a good 4-7 dman, but not at 3 million per

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R u eklund?

lol

e5 says eklund is lying about I. White.

Doug needs to sign White, so that he can't sign with the Wings

Trade Demers and or Braun, I don't think much of both of them, rather have proven NHLers on blue line.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e5 says eklund is lying about I. White.

Doug needs to sign White, so that he can't sign with the Wings

Trade Demers and or Braun, I don't think much of both of them, rather have proven NHLers on blue line.

Wow. You don't think much of Demers? Explain.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a strong feeling White will go to the Wings. They got cap space and are a winning team. Two things I'd look for if I was him. Sharks just can't give him the payday he should be looking for.

Ehrhoff for $5+ means White gets $4+ come July 1st.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, this is what I c about Demers;

His passing out of the zone is iffy, can't get his shot from the point through, gets caught looking at the puck instead of his man in the d-zone, can't clear the net.

I just don't think of him getting better than a 3rd pairing Dman.

Don't get me wrong if he becomes great, ill be very happy to eat some CROW

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His passing out of the zone is iffy, White is not a great first passer. He's more in the Boyle mode as far as carrying the puck out of the zone. I think eventually Demers will be just as good at carrying the puck out of the zone and I think he's already = or better than White at the first pass.
can't get his shot from the point through, This is one area where White far exceeds Demers, no argument. White is really good at moving his feet to open up the shooting lane by walking the line. That said, I think Demers still can get better at this.
gets caught looking at the puck instead of his man in the d-zone, same can be said of Ian White. I'd take Demers in the defensive zone over White.
can't clear the net. Neither can White. He's undersized big time. He gets pushed around. Demers is also a much better open ice hitter and they're about = in competitiveness inside their own zone.
I just don't think of him getting better than a 3rd pairing Dman. I think he's already damn close to a bonafied 2nd pairing defenseman. When he and Vlasic paired up they were a very, very solid pairing and he elevated Vlasic's game

That's what I don't get. When you factor in all of the above (in red) and the price tags/future potential of each. Demers is much cheaper and was a HUGE gaping hole against Vancouver. Demers has upside and I think at this point in his career, Ian White is what he is. I don't believe he's going to get much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His passing out of the zone is iffy, can't get his shot from the point through, gets caught looking at the puck instead of his man in the d-zone, can't clear the net.

I just don't think of him getting better than a 3rd pairing Dman.

Your fail in this thread is immeasurable.

:boxing: