• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was at the game: Things were bad.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally thought that a few players on the team were enjoying themselves a little too much during the time right before the game. Tate was dancing all around and stuff.

As far as the fans, I do understand the anger but at the same time, there were points where they were outright disrespectful towards the players. The fans are doing a great job at running these guys out of here though. I can tell you that.
I caught a little of that on pre game. But didn't think much about it at the time. I'm not against the idea that a team that plays loose plays at their best. But there is a line for sure.

I can only imagine some of the things that were said in the players direction. Not trying to defend those who personally attack players verbally or anything. And obviously I didn't hear any of it. But we, as fans, have every right to hold players to a standard. And when that standard isn't met in any way, shape, or form, we should let em know they're disappointing.

During the game thread we got to talking about attending games. A lot of us wouldn't pay to see this team play in person, right now. Some of us wouldn't even take a free ticket if it was given. I know I would have boo'ed yesterday if I was there.

And I would have boo'ed loudest when Staff got pulled. Not at Staff. But at Caldwell. That move bothers me more today than it did yesterday. (When you say the fans are doing a great job of running people out here, I can see your point. But Inthinknthe coaching staff is working their own angle on that. Staffs benching just as an example.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell surpassed Calvin last year. Suh cried too when Detroit lost to Dallas. Can u imagine if we still had Suh and had drafted OBJ instead of Ebron?

This team is passionless.
I don't want to bang the Suh drum too loud this morning.

But I never questioned his desire to win as a Lion. Never. Beating his opponent was obviously his focus. By any means necissary.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing a totally new regime take a shot w him, but if they feel they need their own guy, I'll understand.

I absolutely want to see a new coaching staff -- specifically a new offensive coordinator. If it means getting rid of Caldwell too, no problem, see you later.

I understand what Caldwell and Lombardi are trying to do with the offense, but Stafford is NOWHERE NEAR being a QB like Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, which is the type of QB you'd need. You don't take a big arm QB, never known for his accuracy and decision making, and put him in an offense where decision making and accuracy is paramount.

Lombardi is in way over his head. If he is still calling plays next week, I'm not even going to watch the game. The Saints offense worked so well, because they had one of the most accurate QB's in the history of the NFL (Stafford is not). They had one of biggest mismatches in the NFL at TE (Ebron/Pettigrew etc. are not). They had an OL, when the Saints were at their best that was one of the best in the NFL (Detroit's OL is horrendous).

If I were in charge -- I'd say thanks for coming out Lombardi -- there is the door.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coachs have lost the team. They tried to force their system on the players instead of tayloring it to them. They failed. Say bye-bye.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were in charge -- I'd say thanks for coming out Lombardi -- there is the door.

Of course, but easier said than done. Remember, we only have this guy cause no one else wanted the job. You gotta replace him w someone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to bang the Suh drum too loud this morning.

But I never questioned his desire to win as a Lion. Never. Beating his opponent was obviously his focus. By any means necissary.

That's why he made this team win, and why we can't win without him. IMO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stafford is as bad as he has been this year. Taking away his gun slinger mentality is taking away his biggest strength, which is his arm strength. Trying to put Stafford into a complex, quick decision, short passing offense is like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

I think what Stafford is -- a guy who can make all the throws, will make bad decisions at times, will never be a top tier QB, but could be a top 10-15 QB (not a top 10 QB, but in the 10-15 range)

I've never felt Stafford is a bottom tier guy. There are a lot worse starting in the league. He is IMO today what he will be when he retires. A mediocre guy that people keep thinking was going to be top 5 or "elite"

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone felt Stafford was bottom tier at all.. But he has been more of a disappointment than not and basically a mediocre QB with a rocket arm..

It's the same with Cutler.. He is by no means terrible and you can win with him in the right situation, but again he has been more of a disappointment than not..

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew missed on way too many early picks that were masked by Calvin, Stafford and Suh. Now it's caught up to him with Calvin older and Suh gone.

That's the short of it if you want to know why were 0-5 in 2015.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Linehan who ruined Stafford, and that Caldwell, Lombardi, and a dedicated QB coach were supposed to fix him?

Perhaps no one ruined Stafford, and he just is who he is - an average QB who happens to have a big arm.

Quite possible.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misjudged Caldwell before the season when I was all hyped about the Lions. He needs to go, pronto. There is a DC somewhere ready for the HC challenge. Your team has talent but no leadership. That was obvious during the MNF game one week ago. Good luck, Lion fans! Surely your day will come, eventually.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the NFL should send the Lions to LA and Detroit gets an expansion team. Think the people in Southern Cal will be pissed with this?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the NFL should send the Lions to LA and Detroit gets an expansion team. Think the people in Southern Cal will be pissed with this?

I already decided that the next team to move to L.A. I will be rooting for. To be honest, I'd be upset if it was the Lions lol

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew especially missed on second round picks.. I was angry at the Titus Young pic from day 1..

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is thank god that Grand Torino was on at the same time as the fiasco

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fords will have to makes some decisions because they will need to win their fans back.

I think the decision was already made to move to London in the next 5 years. According to the NFL they could have a team there in 5 years. I have Dibs on the Lions going 0-7 and winning their game in London. What a way to stick it to the fan base for their ineptness.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead he let Matt constantly try to force throws that resulted in turnovers that always changed the complexion and usually outcomes of the game.

Can't remember which commentator on the NFL Network said it was a completed pass on Stafford last INT. I still say the Lions are giving games away.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember which commentator on the NFL Network said it was a completed pass on Stafford last INT. I still say the Lions are giving games away.

In which game? He helped to lose many games under Linehan.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to speak on Stafford a little more:

It is extremely painful to watch him struggle this way while guys like Dalton, Palmer and some others are having tons of success. Linehan never seemed to worry much about his weaknesses but put him in position to use his greatest strengths.

Caldwell comes in and not only changes the offensive philosophy, but completely changes everything about Stafford. From what I’ve read, the Rams didn’t even attempt to change anything about Donald when they drafted him although they saw some things that were correctable.

Caldwell did not ruin Manning. Although he never really changed the offensive scheme up on either.