• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was at the game: Things were bad.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don’t think Mayhew or the coaches survive this. I think they lose against the Bears and shit really hits the fan. The Fords will have to makes some decisions because they will need to win their fans back. The fans have begun to hate Staff, CJ’s contract is huge and nobody has any trust in Mayhew.

Agree 110%. ( except Stafford never really liked him) I always said it would take a catastrophe for the Ford's to clean house. This is beyond the realm of calling in FEMA

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Mike, I figured you were going to tell us we needed Kellen back...

We had one and he left.
LOL, just may go down as the teams biggest mistake. The guy may look like he has down syndrome, needs 30 ft. of arc to get the ball from from the near hash to the side line, but he is a good kid.

rico3.png He just needed a chance...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, just may go down as the teams biggest mistake. The guy may look like he has down syndrome, needs 30 ft. of arc to get the ball from from the near hash to the side line, but he is a good kid.

View attachment 39427 He just needed a chance...

There is already a bunch of good kids on the team. Management insists on it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate posing for pics with Patrick Peterson after the game, then having his little monologue afterwards on how he expects more from the fanbase..... Yeah, that kind of shit doesn't sit well with me.

CJ has packed it in as a Lion. Just like Barry did before him.

I understand why, but it sucks to witness.

Last week CJ was swapping jerseys w Richard Sherman after the game. When Miami loses, Suh gets coaches fired. All the passion and intensity this team had left with him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to speak on Stafford a little more:

It is extremely painful to watch him struggle this way while guys like Dalton, Palmer and some others are having tons of success. Linehan never seemed to worry much about his weaknesses but put him in position to use his greatest strengths.

Caldwell comes in and not only changes the offensive philosophy, but completely changes everything about Stafford. From what I’ve read, the Rams didn’t even attempt to change anything about Donald when they drafted him although they saw some things that were correctable.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty said Caldwell did the same for AA also, that is on changing things.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week CJ was swapping jerseys w Richard Sherman after the game. When Miami loses, Suh gets coaches fired. All the passion and intensity this team had left with him.
Yeah he did. And he looked carefree while he was doing too. Just another day on the job. Playing out the string....

But last week, a bad football team went on the road and held their own against a solid/good team. (I'm not sure the Sqwuaks finish second in that division.). They didn't quit. Yesterday that same bad team came out and let a very good team beat them by 25 at home. With more smiles and hugs for the opposition afterward. Making nice with the big dogs.

Hell, I saw Odell Beckham Jr. cry in a PostGame interview last night. Cuz he cares about winning, his teammates care too.

But after a Lions game I see smiles and then have to listen to a guy that helped fumble the game away day the team needs more from its fans.

Fuck him. We were fans long before he was around and will be after he's gone. Which might be sooner rather than later if his attitude keeps reverting back to its old self.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I saw Odell Beckham Jr. cry in a PostGame interview last night. Cuz he cares about winning, his teammates care too.

But after a Lions game I see smiles and then have to listen to a guy that helped fumble the game away day the team needs more from its fans.

Fuck him. We were fans long before he was around and will be after he's gone. Which might be sooner rather than later if his attitude keeps reverting back to its old self.

Exactly, Him and Barry are probably all time greats but they have no passion for winning. Fuck both of them.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to speak on Stafford a little more:

It is extremely painful to watch him struggle this way while guys like Dalton, Palmer and some others are having tons of success. Linehan never seemed to worry much about his weaknesses but put him in position to use his greatest strengths.

Caldwell comes in and not only changes the offensive philosophy, but completely changes everything about Stafford. From what I’ve read, the Rams didn’t even attempt to change anything about Donald when they drafted him although they saw some things that were correctable.

I still was not a fan of Linehan for that reason. He lived and died by the sword. Just as much as Matt had success he had failure because of just letting him be him. Been nice to see Stafford take a sack or throw it away more when Linehan was in town. Instead he let Matt constantly try to force throws that resulted in turnovers that always changed the complexion and usually outcomes of the game.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illitch, Avila Sr., Ausmus and the rest of the Detroit Tiger management team wish to thank the Detroit Lions for taking the heat off them for their terrible season. Compared to the Lions...the Tigers are looking like a very successful and well run organization.

PS...The Tiger staff hopes you recover enough to win 2-3 games this season. They sure don't want an empty stadium next door if the NFL decides to force you to relocate to London.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck both of them.
The lifelong glutton for punishment Lions fan in me can't go that far.

I've never been great at anything, but if I was, and was surrounded by people that would be content with mediocre, I'm not sure how I'd handle it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odell surpassed Calvin last year. Suh cried too when Detroit lost to Dallas. Can u imagine if we still had Suh and had drafted OBJ instead of Ebron?

This team is passionless.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he did. And he looked carefree while he was doing too. Just another day on the job. Playing out the string....

But last week, a bad football team went on the road and held their own against a solid/good team. (I'm not sure the Sqwuaks finish second in that division.). They didn't quit. Yesterday that same bad team came out and let a very good team beat them by 25 at home. With more smiles and hugs for the opposition afterward. Making nice with the big dogs.

I personally thought that a few players on the team were enjoying themselves a little too much during the time right before the game. Tate was dancing all around and stuff.

As far as the fans, I do understand the anger but at the same time, there were points where they were outright disrespectful towards the players. The fans are doing a great job at running these guys out of here though. I can tell you that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel in the most perfect world of scenarios he will never be more than what he is today.

I don't think Stafford is as bad as he has been this year. Taking away his gun slinger mentality is taking away his biggest strength, which is his arm strength. Trying to put Stafford into a complex, quick decision, short passing offense is like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

I think what Stafford is -- a guy who can make all the throws, will make bad decisions at times, will never be a top tier QB, but could be a top 10-15 QB (not a top 10 QB, but in the 10-15 range)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stafford is as bad as he has been this year. Taking away his gun slinger mentality is taking away his biggest strength, which is his arm strength. Trying to put Stafford into a complex, quick decision, short passing offense is like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

I think what Stafford is -- a guy who can make all the throws, will make bad decisions at times, will never be a top tier QB, but could be a top 10-15 QB (not a top 10 QB, but in the 10-15 range)

I wouldn't mind seeing a totally new regime take a shot w him, but if they feel they need their own guy, I'll understand.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans are doing a great job at running these guys out of here though. I can tell you that.

At 0-5, I'd say the players are doing a great job of running the fans out of town.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I cannot defend him.

Personally, I think Caldwell has ruined him, as Stafford is trying to be this game-managing type qb while having the mentality and strengths of a gun-slinger. I think the two styles have collided and the issues with the offensive line makes matters worse.

I think Stafford would be fine under great management and coaching. We’ve seen what he can do. I’m a strong believer in coaches ruining players.

I thought it was Linehan who ruined Stafford, and that Caldwell, Lombardi, and a dedicated QB coach were supposed to fix him?

Perhaps no one ruined Stafford, and he just is who he is - an average QB who happens to have a big arm.