• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

'I Want 12 Draft Picks' ~ McLovin'

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sportster72. It would have been interesting if SM gotten any trade offers for the #5 overall pick b/c if that happened Gurley would be a Skin right now. Rumor has it that the only two players teams tried to trade up for the Folwer and Cooper.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am out of my league, I don't study personnel so I will leave it to you guys to hash out. :thumb:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the topic but still love love love the Redskins banner so much. Amazing job @DoobeeDoobeeDoo :suds:

Doobee should reply back with "You Like That, You Like That"
Thanks Ritz :suds:

Working on a Twins banner now, trying to come up with an original design.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure anything can happen but Johnson just looks like a beast right now. skinsdad, what do you call Johnson right now? an average back? lol

his stats show, a work in progress . that is what i call him until performance equals hype dean

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gk, you said yourself that you go with BPA regardless of need. So if Watt was the highest rated player on the board you had to take him. Right? From what I read about the RB's last year was that Coleman and Duke JOhnson (3rd rounders')were scat backs. David Johnson was a three down back and wasn't as big as jones, but a lot faster with great hands. I agree we don't not know what was on the Redskins draft board at that time. Just like the gabe Jackson vs S. Long thing. Plus Long had an injury history and we still took him.

FWIW we did get blasted for the Jones pick in the 3rd round. NFL circles were saying he was a 4th rounder b/c of his injury history. So the way I am looking at it right now is we gave up David Johnson for Matt Jones and Kojo. It could very well work in our favor if Kojo becomes our starting LG and Jones develops into a #1 back. My whole point is that its nice to accumulate draft picks but who is to say the extra picks we get are going to work out. Im not against trading down its just that you have to look on who are you passing when you move down.

I have never said you draft BPA no matter what. A closer misunderstanding would be BVA. I have stated numerous times when I am forced to explain it...if we had RK at a 91 and Watt at a 92 but had a huge need at OLB, then you would go OLB...especially when transitioning to a 3-4 defense.

We got blasted by whom exactly? Talking heads who are frequently shocked and wrong.

I do agree with your stance of gaining picks for the sake of gaining picks is stupid. If your guy is there, take him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the draft gurus. People said Jones was taken too high. I hope he works out b/c he does have all the tools to be a 3 down back. I do think we need another RB. CT is way too injury prone. I don't trust him to carry the rock if Jones goes down. I am all for Elliot to be the pick at #21 if he is there. The guy brings so much to the table. I think Elliot would be a super steal if he is there at #21.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i study players GK with every available tape there is available to me . that being said if your guy is there take him if he isnt trade down if possible

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i study players GK with every available tape there is available to me . that being said if your guy is there take him if he isnt trade down if possible

I don't mean it an an insult. You may study the film available to you but you don't have all the film. You also don't know exactly what to study.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean it an an insult. You may study the film available to you but you don't have all the film. You also don't know exactly what to study.

no insult taken but yes i do know what to study and who really looks at "all " film on every prospect ? i look at pluses and i definitely look at flaws

all players have them both

i know what every position needs to do to be successful the only thing i dont get is the one on one interview hence i cant pick out possible character flaws

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no insult taken but yes i do know what to study and who really looks at "all " film on every prospect ? i look at pluses and i definitely look at flaws

all players have them both

i know what every position needs to do to be successful the only thing i dont get is the one on one interview hence i cant pick out possible character flaws

None of us can look at all the film but scouting departments can.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll sure be interested to see what they do at NT seeing as it's such a key to the 3-4.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or buy Nolan Nawrocki's NFL draft guide to get up to speed with everyone!

You know I do not know what I am doing wrong. Every work day is 13 hours long. Add in girlfriend time and there goes another hour or two. I thought this stuff was supposed to get easier when we got older. Then too I was never one to get way deep in the draft and FA. You guys do a great job of keeping the rest of us informed.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I do not know what I am doing wrong. Every work day is 13 hours long. Add in girlfriend time and there goes another hour or two. I thought this stuff was supposed to get easier when we got older. Then too I was never one to get way deep in the draft and FA. You guys do a great job of keeping the rest of us informed.

Yep. I listen to draft pundits who've had a decent enough track record to trust. Otherwise, the rest is a bunch sound and fury signifying nothing.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Eagles banner? It still has Nick Foles and Shady McCoy up there. On second thought, keep it the way it is. :)
I could take a look at it. I'm working on a banner for the Minnesota Twins forum right now, so maybe after that?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could take a look at it. I'm working on a banner for the Minnesota Twins forum right now, so maybe after that?
I know @Wings and the Eagles board have wanted to change it for awhile now. It'd be great if you're able to help them out.