• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I took on a struggling web.com player yesterday and shot 71

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lost by 10

Maybe its time to take up bowling

:wtf2:

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shot a friggin 61..?!?!?!?!...why ain't this ass clown on THE tour..?!?!?!?!

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 11th all-time on the Nationwide/web.com tour money list & played in 80 or so PGA tour events. 2 bad years have left him with almost no status. BTW, 2 of his 10 birdies he made while on his cell phone trying to get into events. I've never seen anything like it.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show a couple of things:

1) You can't begin to imagine how much more different the pro tournament courses are, than the ones you play everyday. Even if you have played a "course" that they play on - it means relatively nothing. The set up alone (rough, tees, pin placements, green speed, etc...) can make the course easily 5-8 strokes harder.

You hear people all the time try to compare their scores to those of players, and its laughable. The standard low handicap golfer, while a good player, does not compare. The low handicap will go out in the middle of the afternoon, on a course that he knows well, play the back tees (i.e. 6600 yds, but not the tips), with the course set up for member/guest play (rough low, pins neutral, etc...), and he takes gimmes, and he takes automatic double bogeys since his handicap won't allow any worse.

On the other hand, the pro goes out at 7:30am, from 7200 yards, with the rough at 3-4 inches, the pins tucked, the greens running at an 11, putts everything out, and counts every stroke.

2) The guys on Tour are such a degree better than the rest of the world, that it is difficult to imagine. I played golf with a guy in college who shot a 59. Yes, a 59; And it was a par 72 (13 under); And Yes, it was actually in a tournament (final round). This guy was able to qualify for the US Open once, but never got his tour card, and no longer plays.

Crazy.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real difference? Putting.

I had 31, he had 24.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lost by 10

Maybe its time to take up bowling

:wtf2:

Those guys are good. I played with Jerry Kelly and his brother once and I got to pick the tees. I shot 76 and he shot 65. Welcome to the club!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You can't begin to imagine how much more different the pro tournament courses are, than the ones you play everyday. Even if you have played a "course" that they play on - it means relatively nothing. The set up alone (rough, tees, pin placements, green speed, etc...) can make the course easily 5-8 strokes harder.

You hear people all the time try to compare their scores to those of players, and its laughable. The standard low handicap golfer, while a good player, does not compare. The low handicap will go out in the middle of the afternoon, on a course that he knows well, play the back tees (i.e. 6600 yds, but not the tips), with the course set up for member/guest play (rough low, pins neutral, etc...), and he takes gimmes, and he takes automatic double bogeys since his handicap won't allow any worse.

On the other hand, the pro goes out at 7:30am, from 7200 yards, with the rough at 3-4 inches, the pins tucked, the greens running at an 11, putts everything out, and counts every stroke.

2) The guys on Tour are such a degree better than the rest of the world, that it is difficult to imagine. I played golf with a guy in college who shot a 59. Yes, a 59; And it was a par 72 (13 under); And Yes, it was actually in a tournament (final round). This guy was able to qualify for the US Open once, but never got his tour card, and no longer plays.

Crazy.

Agreed. I told my friend, who is a great golfer and does every aspect of the game well, before we went out to Play Bethpage Black that Tiger Woods said a scratch golfer would shoot 100 on this course as set up for the U.S. Open. He said "not a chance"; said he would never shoot 100 on any course. From the tips he shot 106 two weeks after the 2009 Open.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I told my friend, who is a great golfer and does every aspect of the game well, before we went out to Play Bethpage Black that Tiger Woods said a scratch golfer would shoot 100 on this course as set up for the U.S. Open. He said "not a chance"; said he would never shoot 100 on any course. From the tips he shot 106 two weeks after the 2009 Open.

Yep, I can see that. And that 106 was still likely with the rough mowed down a bit from tourney conditions, and the pins in easier spots.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I can see that. And that 106 was still likely with the rough mowed down a bit from tourney conditions, and the pins in easier spots.

Yep, and the tips were not the same location as the tips when the Open was going on. The course was shorter.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only lost by 5 this time. 73-68. Making progress.