• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think it's jus now starting to sink in

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are the motherfucking world champs. Who woulda thought in May/June we'd be here?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
April= yes, May = probably not, June = possibly, July = YES!!!, August = projectile vomit, September = dude!!!, October = DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!, November = what the fuck just happened???????

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are the motherfucking world champs. Who woulda thought in May/June we'd be here?

LOL, not me. I thought we'd be in 3rd place most likely but a 2nd place finish and very unlikely Wild Card berth was MAYBE possible. It still hasn't really sunk in yet I don't think.....that said, I'm very, very, very happy today :D

April= yes, May = probably not, June = possibly, July = YES!!!, August = projectile vomit, September = dude!!!, October = DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!, November = what the fuck just happened???????

lol, pretty much sums it up right there Nate. Well said.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not me. I thought we'd see some regression by the pitching staff - timmy, cain, zito, and, collectively, the bullpen. Thought the Giants would finish third behind the dodgers and rockies. But after Molina was traded/dumped, and the hot July, i thought we'd make it to the playoffs - even after the mediocre August.

And once you make the playoffs it's a crap-shoot.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a crapshoot with loaded dice in your favor with pitching this good.

The brass really gets it, in our park and in the game in general, dominant pitching will always be a force even in (especially in) the playoffs.

Everyone picked the Rangers because of their 'awesome' hitting, they led MLB with a .276 BA and so on. But 2/3 of those stats came off mediocre to shitty pitching, in hitters parks (Texas of course but then Chicago AL, NYY, Boston, etc).

If they Rangers had to face our staff all year they wouldn't have much of that stat dominance.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I thought we'd see some regression by the pitching staff - timmy, cain, zito, and, collectively, the bullpen. Thought the Giants would finish third behind the dodgers and rockies. But after Molina was traded/dumped, and the hot July, i thought we'd make it to the playoffs - even after the mediocre August.

And once you make the playoffs it's a crap-shoot.

You told this to me a long time ago (well, a year or two ago) when I set up a proposed hypothetical against a stacked Phillies team. You were saying how the tiniest bit of luck can influence a series in favor of a team even if they are on the short end of the stick talent-wise (and you stuck by it steadfastly). I remember I said something like "I respectfully disagree". I am an idiot. You know, for a supposed "stat geek" who only knows numbers.....you sure know what you're talking about. ;)

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You told this to me a long time ago (well, a year or two ago) when I set up a proposed hypothetical against a stacked Phillies team. You were saying how the tiniest bit of luck can influence a series in favor of a team even if they are on the short end of the stick talent-wise (and you stuck by it steadfastly). I remember I said something like "I respectfully disagree". I am an idiot. You know, for a supposed "stat geek" who only knows numbers.....you sure know what you're talking about. ;)

LOL. Thanks filo. I'll always be an old-school guy first and foremost.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say this is more true if you have the pitching (like we do). If your pitching is not your strong suit, and you face a better team, good luck but you are probably doomed.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Thanks filo. I'll always be an old-school guy first and foremost.

lol, if only NolanNonsense and SF_Envy could be here to read this.....I'll take two orders of your finest head implosion please.

I would say this is more true if you have the pitching (like we do). If your pitching is not your strong suit, and you face a better team, good luck but you are probably doomed.

i agree msg, you've got to have pitchers that can keep the game close to allow for the "luck" to happen.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Shit happens though, man.

Renteria hitting two homeruns?
Cody Ross hitting 5?
Burrell striking out 25 times?

That said, yeah, when you got pitching on this kind of a dominate roll, I like the chances.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens though, man.

Renteria hitting two homeruns?
Cody Ross hitting 5?
Burrell striking out 25 times?

That said, yeah, when you got pitching on this kind of a dominate roll, I like the chances.

I think Pat Burrell is still swinging at Lee's slider, while JT Snow rounds third.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol, if only NolanNonsense and SF_Envy could be here to read this.....I'll take two orders of your finest head implosion please.

i agree msg, you've got to have pitchers that can keep the game close to allow for the "luck" to happen.

LOL. Both those guys are clueless.