• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I stoped believing when

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really believe a woman who has no idea what planet she is on cares about a football team? And her privileged sons have even less concern.

Not buying that at all.

If you actually believe Virginia Fucking McCaskey calls the shots with this team, you're more out of whack than she is.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing my point. The old lady and her worthless sons do not care because we fans keep filling seats in Soldier Field. Why should they try to field a successful team? They don't have to so they don't need to. It is the path of least resistance... No accountability since there are no financial pressures. It is that simple.

Oh my god, cut it with this cry baby "They don't care" shit. Every organization cries this when they go through rough patches, it's a loser attitude. Quit it.

They VERY obviously care. This team has been super active in the off-season for YEEEARRRS now.

Give me a break.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually believe Virginia Fucking McCaskey calls the shots with this team, you're more out of whack than she is.

Don't be a dick, Rich. Read the posts before spouting off your bullshit. Besides, No one ever said she calls the shots, but she does have controlling interest which is why she is mentioned.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god, cut it with this cry baby "They don't care" shit. Every organization cries this when they go through rough patches, it's a loser attitude. Quit it.

They VERY obviously care. This team has been super active in the off-season for YEEEARRRS now.

Give me a break.

Like I told you before, if you don't like what I post don't read it. Now fuck off.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me a break.

Nice to see you came out of hiding after the Bears beat down. Still think Cutler the shit?

Rough patch? The Bears made history and not in a good way. You are out of touch.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see you came out of hiding after the Bears beat down. Still think Cutler the shit?

Rough patch? The Bears made history and not in a good way. You are out of touch.

Hiding? Lol… What?

I posted all week, left for Green Bay Saturday morning. To return Monday… what hiding? Sorry, I don't post when I'm AT THE GAME. lol

Do I still think "Cutler the shit"?

What does that mean? Perhaps I can answer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:
Don't be a dick, Rich. Read the posts before spouting off your bullshit. Besides, No one ever said she calls the shots, but she does have controlling interest which is why she is mentioned.

I read the posts.

Your point = "The organization doesn't care".

Simply not true. End of story.

If you want to discuss the problems at the top of the organization, I'm all for it. But getting emotional like you are and pinning it on them not caring is just silly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So… making franchise history last year by breaking records with our awful defense. Then, once again making history this season in the midst of a 3-6 start after many thought this team could contend this season isn't considered a "rough patch" to you?

Being tied up in huge contracts with an incompetent team that we may be forced to keep a lot of, including a QB we just gave a big contract to and a failing coach. Not to mention, a GM who put this whole mess together… None of this remotely seems like a "rough patch" to you?

Hmm… okay.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I have to say I really don't think the issue is whether the McCaskeys care or not...I would bet all the money I have they do care a lot, both as people and as owners. If for no other reason, than the Bears would be a lot more valuable if they were winning Super Bowls than they are now. Furthermore, I seriously doubt they aren't, um, serious Bears fans.

I think the issue is not of whether they care or not, it is whether they are competent. And as owners, they are CLEARLY doing the right thing and not micromanaging the team's football decisions. However, ultimately, the people they have put in those positions are not working, so their decision-making ability is what is subject to question.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves (and usually not), the other guy in contention for the DC job was Perry Fewell - who accepted the DC job for the Giants prior to interviewing with the Bears. I think. Did you see Fewell smiling and laughing as the Seahawks did what-ever-they-pleased on Sunday? Looks like our D would've been a disaster either way.

I'd like to see the Bears hire an ex-Bear as the DC. Singletary. Frasier. I'd even take Urlacher.

Singletary was a bad coach period. Urlacher does not want to coach football......Frazier only as a dbs coach

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So… making franchise history last year by breaking records with our awful defense. Then, once again making history this season in the midst of a 3-6 start after many thought this team could contend this season isn't considered a "rough patch" to you?

Being tied up in huge contracts with an incompetent team that we may be forced to keep a lot of, including a QB we just gave a big contract to and a failing coach. Not to mention, a GM who put this whole mess together… None of this remotely seems like a "rough patch" to you?

Hmm… okay.

Again, you missed my point. You are either drinking again or you are just too incompetent. I know you are a smart guy, so I'm guessing it's the bottle. Please retread my post so you understand... I was emphasizing your choice of words 'rough patch' as under estimating the problems with this team. Of course it is a bad time for the franchise.

Please, get a grip on comprehension.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

I read the posts.

Your point = "The organization doesn't care".

Simply not true. End of story.

If you want to discuss the problems at the top of the organization, I'm all for it. But getting emotional like you are and pinning it on them not caring is just silly.

Maybe, I'm making an assertion, just like you are. No one on this board knows what is going on in the heads of the McCaskey's, so whatever.

But in typical fashion you dismiss ideas from posters if their ideas do not agree with yours... And we're emotional? No, it is you being yourself yet again.

That's the end of this story.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I really don't think the issue is whether the McCaskeys care or not...I would bet all the money I have they do care a lot, both as people and as owners. If for no other reason, than the Bears would be a lot more valuable if they were winning Super Bowls than they are now. Furthermore, I seriously doubt they aren't, um, serious Bears fans.

I think the issue is not of whether they care or not, it is whether they are competent. And as owners, they are CLEARLY doing the right thing and not micromanaging the team's football decisions. However, ultimately, the people they have put in those positions are not working, so their decision-making ability is what is subject to question.

Okay, I can buy this. Maybe their incompetence I misinterpreted as uncaring? Sure I can get behind this. Thanks for civil discussion Cubzz. I don't post on this board much because some asshole always seems to jump my shit, but I appreciate your decency.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing my point. The old lady and her worthless sons do not care because we fans keep filling seats in Soldier Field. Why should they try to field a successful team? They don't have to so they don't need to. It is the path of least resistance... No accountability since there are no financial pressures. It is that simple.

You are actually missing the point.....you asked why they should field a team while we are filling the seats....right?

Well they are trying to field a team....Look back at all the top free agents we've signed over the years and you would find the answer.....

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are actually missing the point.....you asked why they should field a team while we are filling the seats....right?

Well they are trying to field a team....Look back at all the top free agents we've signed over the years and you would find the answer.....

Look back over the last 20 years and you will see my point. How many times have the Bears made the PO... Better yet, how many winning seasons have they had? How many has GB?? Certainly one can argue that GB has the best system of ownership in the NFL, and there is no doubt they have been successful. Why haven't the Bears? Is it that incompetence is the factor? If so, why haven't they done anything to improve. Hmm...

If people come to games there is no need to change the status quo. FA is a weak argument because every team has to spend, according to the new player agreement. Taking your argument, however,tell me how did FA work out for the Bears?

It is owner complancency.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look back over the last 20 years and you will see my point. How many times have the Bears made the PO... Better yet, how many winning seasons have they had? How many has GB?? Certainly one can argue that GB has the best system of ownership in the NFL, and there is no doubt they have been successful. Why haven't the Bears? Is it that incompetence is the factor? If so, why haven't they done anything to improve. Hmm...

If people come to games there is no need to change the status quo. FA is a weak argument because every team has to spend, according to the new player agreement. Taking your argument, however,tell me how did FA work out for the Bears?

It is owner complancency.

Oh god, this argument.

:doh:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you missed my point. You are either drinking again or you are just too incompetent. I know you are a smart guy, so I'm guessing it's the bottle. Please retread my post so you understand... I was emphasizing your choice of words 'rough patch' as under estimating the problems with this team. Of course it is a bad time for the franchise.

I 100% realized what you were saying.

My response was merely pointing out where my term of phrase; "rough patch". Also fit the description of what is happening to the team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, I'm making an assertion, just like you are. No one on this board knows what is going on in the heads of the McCaskey's, so whatever.

But in typical fashion you dismiss ideas from posters if their ideas do not agree with yours... And we're emotional? No, it is you being yourself yet again.

That's the end of this story.

Than why are you pretending that you are? lol

And I have actually had my mind changed by many posters on here. I'm just not afraid to call out a baseless and/or an impulsive/emotionally based argument when I see one.

The fact that you think that the Bears are worth equally as much to the McKaskey's at 4-12/5-11 with a sold out crowd, as they are contending for the super bowl… ALSO with a sold out crowd. Shows how "out of touch" you are, with how the business works.

The McKaskey's have ALL THE INCENTIVE in the world to improve the team. They have failed over the past two decades on numerous occasions without a doubt. But they have CLEARLY been actively trying. If you feel they have been incompetent, fine. Clearly they have with many hires. But you saying they don't care, or have no reason to care… is well… ludicrous.

This argument is one that you hear from fat, drunk sausage eating super fans calling into 670 The Score after a few bad Bears losses. It has no place in reality.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Than why are you pretending that you are? lol

And I have actually had my mind changed by many posters on here. I'm just not afraid to call out a baseless and/or an impulsive/emotionally based argument when I see one.

The fact that you think that the Bears are worth equally as much to the McKaskey's at 4-12/5-11 with a sold out crowd, as they are contending for the super bowl… ALSO with a sold out crowd. Shows how "out of touch" you are, with how the business works.

The McKaskey's have ALL THE INCENTIVE in the world to improve the team. They have failed over the past two decades on numerous occasions without a doubt. But they have CLEARLY been actively trying. If you feel they have been incompetent, fine. Clearly they have with many hires. But you saying they don't care, or have no reason to care… is well… ludicrous.

This argument is one that you hear from fat, drunk sausage eating super fans calling into 670 The Score after a few bad Bears losses. It has no place in reality.

I don't pretend to know what is going on in their heads. As I stated previously, I am making an assertion, just as you are. Nothing more. As for everything else you stated... I'm tired of rehashing my points to you over and over. You clearly have a strong opinion that differs from mine, but that is nothing new. Maybe because I have served in the Marine Corp for over 25 years I have become cynical, even mistrusting, of large institutions... And I see the same complacency in government as I do in this teams, ownership... That gives me a much differing view than you. I'm willing to accept that my opinions are not correct, at least I hope they are not correct.

Sure, I don't understand how business works. Lol. Of course the Bears are worth more if they have a winning franchise, and I never made the assertion that they were worth the same. I simply stated the owners were complacent... That's a big difference.

I do like your attempt to paint me as a "fat, drunk sausage eating super fan." Sorry to disappoint you. Your comment does shed some light, however. It shows you're a prick.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% realized what you were saying.

My response was merely pointing out where my term of phrase; "rough patch". Also fit the description of what is happening to the team.

:L