• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I never considered paying

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but now I am considering paying for advice as I am not as good as I want to be or thought I was. What is the lowest price I could pay for good quality advice. I thought about the one at CBS called ziguana but the reviews were not good.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but now I am considering paying for advice as I am not as good as I want to be or thought I was. What is the lowest price I could pay for good quality advice. I thought about the one at CBS called ziguana but the reviews were not good.

Though they must exist, I do not know of any sites that anyone uses to pay for fantasy advice. That said, I have been giving out advice for free myself for years, and some have told me they have used it to better results. In fact, I would say that there are 10-20 posters that post regular in this SportsHoopla area that would and could give you solid info. Pretty much anyone you see posting in the thread

MBBRL Official Thread

would be good, IMO.

I know this is not what you are looking for really, but just thought I would toss this out there for you, to use or ignore as you choose.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, do not pay for advice. Just post your questions here as there are tons of great minds here. You just listen to their advice, but make sure you ultimately make the decision.

Also, do research man. It's the best way to learn about players.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, do not pay for advice. Just post your questions here as there are tons of great minds here. You just listen to their advice, but make sure you ultimately make the decision.

Also, do research man. It's the best way to learn about players.

A cavaet on top of that cavaet. With free advice, just remember that you are getting what you pay for. That said, I don't know of any poster that gives advice in these parts that gives out bad advice just to be funny, or to mess someone up. Just don't go all postal on them if their advice does not work magic on your team, as you were getting their best avail info at the time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this site, seen some of the best fantasy advice on this site, no joke there.......

I actually got support to start andre holmes raiders in week 13 vs dallas

its a really really gutsy call, who the heck is andre holmes..........

but the hoop supported the call and backed up my thoughts

PPR league

7 catches 136 yards..........that week

find that support on some pay site

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely do not pay for advice. You'll just be that much more pissed when it doesn't pan out. Even the best forecasters are only right 50-60% of the time.
I personally use Rotoworld for any day to day information, and they generally have pretty solid information and opinions. But there's literally hundreds of sites out there that can be just as good or better. Yahoo, CBS, ESPN are generally ok as far as big major news outlets go.

My best advice would be to find one or two that your comfortable with to get a couple differing opinions, but don't overload yourself by doing too many. And like everyone else has mentioned, right here on SportsHoopla is about the best you can get, plus we can all chime in on your exact questions. I would consider many of the posters on here more competent than many of the "experts" you can find elsewhere who do this for a living.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's this awesome new site Fantasy Assembly They've got a section just for questions too ;)

But yep, ask away on here too ... this is where the cool kids hang out!

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's this awesome new site Fantasy Assembly They've got a section just for questions too ;)

But yep, ask away on here too ... this is where the cool kids hang out!

It doesn't hurt that 4 out of 6 Fantasy Assembly writers are posters here :whistle:
We don't charge, but we do accept donations

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLance and other posters have been giving you some really good advice, IMO. I don't see why you would pay to have someone else to tell you what they already are. But maybe I'm wrong, idk.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand this wasnt exactly pertaining to the Trout situation, more so the players to pick up or drop that insiders know more about based on peripheral stats.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend...
The best advice I can give you is if you want to get really good at this game, is to pick 10-20 sites you will read every day.
There are some lousy pay sites and a lot of very good free ones.
Like anything else, it'll take a lot of effort and hard work to be successful.
Paying for info is fine (I do it...some things I can't find anywhere else) but generally you can find all you need on your own.
You're in a good place here.
I'd start asking for the best sites to read everyday... one pay site won't be enough information vs 15 free ones. I've had the same routine every morning for at least 15 years.
My first hour each day I spend reading my sites with my coffee. Sucks to get up an hour earlier than I need to, but it's now just a way of life ha.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand this wasnt exactly pertaining to the Trout situation, more so the players to pick up or drop that insiders know more about based on peripheral stats.

I'm not sure what you meant or were going for on the above.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who to stream each week and who to bench each week. It seems when a hitter hits his highest one week he has a terrible week the next.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who to stream each week and who to bench each week. It seems when a hitter hits his highest one week he has a terrible week the next.

I write a weekly article for fantasyassembly that focuses on 2 start pitchers a full week in advance and Rob Adams looks at streamers using peripheral stats and matchup data. We have both had a high degree of success with out picks.

The best part about my article is that because it comes out so early, you have time to adjust and make your move. Most sites publish their 2 start feature on Friday or Saturday, but by then all the good options are long gone. My look ahead for week 8 came out yesterday.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend...
The best advice I can give you is if you want to get really good at this game, is to pick 10-20 sites you will read every day.
There are some lousy pay sites and a lot of very good free ones.
Like anything else, it'll take a lot of effort and hard work to be successful.
Paying for info is fine (I do it...some things I can't find anywhere else) but generally you can find all you need on your own.
You're in a good place here.
I'd start asking for the best sites to read everyday... one pay site won't be enough information vs 15 free ones. I've had the same routine every morning for at least 15 years.
My first hour each day I spend reading my sites with my coffee. Sucks to get up an hour earlier than I need to, but it's now just a way of life ha.

you sir are hardcore. Been doing fantasy baseball in some form or another for 20+ years, and I'm not sure I've read 10-20 separate sites more than once each. If I get differing info from more than a few I get way too conflicted, and I'm better off just using my best guess.

Guess it depends on the mentality of the guy in question. You prefer information overload, I prefer trusted streamlined, and I'm sure there are many that agree with either, and many in the middle.

Brees, you have to find a balance that works for you and the type of time commitment you can handle. One thing I'll tell you though, and you can bank on it. . You may not ever beat a guy like Philabuster going with a more streamlined approach, but it's not hard to dominate a group of average Joes (no offense AverageJoe) , with a much more minimal commitment to research.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sir are hardcore. Been doing fantasy baseball in some form or another for 20+ years, and I'm not sure I've read 10-20 separate sites more than once each. If I get differing info from more than a few I get way too conflicted, and I'm better off just using my best guess.

Guess it depends on the mentality of the guy in question. You prefer information overload, I prefer trusted streamlined, and I'm sure there are many that agree with either, and many in the middle.

Brees, you have to find a balance that works for you and the type of time commitment you can handle. One thing I'll tell you though, and you can bank on it. . You may not ever beat a guy like Philabuster going with a more streamlined approach, but it's not hard to dominate a group of average Joes (no offense AverageJoe) , with a much more minimal commitment to research.

:agree::agree:

A many years long running joke I have with guys that I have played fantasy ball with. If your team is suffering, it is probably your fault, and due to having a real, full, actual life.

I myself have no such issue, as I am pluged into all things baseball 24/7/365.

Boiling it all down, and to agree with Treff above, find a few good and trusted info sources, be they on a site, or just a poster here, and be ready to spend time with the info you gain, to hopefully make the best decision you can. That, and remember, even a decision based on good solid info can backfire on you, as these are men we are dealing with, not machines......

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best advice I can give, which I don't take myself, is don't be afraid to drop anyone, and be quick and active on the free agent wire...

As they say you don't win on draft day, but you can lose!!! but the only way to win or at least do well is to be active on the free agent wire... Just don't fall in love with your players too much!!

And often you just have to go with who is currently the hottest...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but when you do they cool down. I'm not sure but how long is a hot window for a player usually before slowing down? 10 games?