• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I need an explanation

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with this team that they keep having twenty injured corners every season?

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Eagles website (forums), Zach Ertz would be included in any trade for Ramsey.
Are you O.K. with that?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Ertz even up for Ramsey. No picks.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If 2 #1's won't do it, then I offer a #1 and a #2 + a non-starter. If that won't get it done, then Jacksonville just isn't gong to make a reasonable deal. End of discussion. Then we try to trade for a starting CB from a low ranked team, Miami, Cincy, Jets, or Arizona - for Patrick Peterson? He's 29, so i wouldn't give up the farm, but he is good!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If 2 #1's won't do it, then I offer a #1 and a #2 + a non-starter. If that won't get it done, then Jacksonville just isn't gong to make a reasonable deal. End of discussion. Then we try to trade for a starting CB from a low ranked team, Miami, Cincy, Jets, or Arizona - for Patrick Peterson? He's 29, so i wouldn't give up the farm, but he is good!

I would like Peterson. Always have.

Maybe that’s just it. I really feel like the Jags don’t want to move him. Owner wants to keep him.

Maybe that’s what Howie is doing right now.....zagging when everyone else is expecting a zig. Maybe that’s not realistic....but it is nice to have a GM where you could believe it’s possible.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Eagles website (forums), Zach Ertz would be included in any trade for Ramsey.
Are you O.K. with that?

tenor.gif

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz is way too important to Wentz and this Offense for us to move him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not even good with Goedert being in the trade.....

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe even two #1s (reported as potentially very late 1st rounders) won’t do it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...st-round-picks-during-ongoing-trade-saga/amp/

That sounds a lot like us or the Chiefs maybe.

Rest of this read is why I don’t like Ramsey as an Eagle, almost at any price. He’s potential cancer. Sure, we have an amazing locker room put together.

But the 2004 Eagles were bringing a very solid, strong locker room that could handle anything, until it couldn’t.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reality is this team would benefit greatly from simply getting 2-3 average, reliable corners. not even darby qualifies as that any more (when he is healthy.)

better off trying to move guys like agholor, hollins and goedert as a last resort and/or picks 3rd round and up.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not advocating moving Ertz at all. But, I would rather him than Goedert, just because of age. Goedert is a better blocker though, and runs better YAC. It is a moot point though, I doubt Howie wold trade him, just move picks. As Rey and I mentioned, late picks in each round usually aren't great players. there are exceptions though.
Here is one writers list of CB's that Roseman might be interested in.

Eagles need cornerback depth: Here are 7 trade options | Can Howie Roseman take advantage of struggling teams like Broncos, Bengals?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not advocating moving Ertz at all. But, I would rather him than Goedert, just because of age. Goedert is a better blocker though, and runs better YAC. It is a moot point though, I doubt Howie wold trade him, just move picks. As Rey and I mentioned, late picks in each round usually aren't great players. there are exceptions though.
Here is one writers list of CB's that Roseman might be interested in.

Eagles need cornerback depth: Here are 7 trade options | Can Howie Roseman take advantage of struggling teams like Broncos, Bengals?

Now this article I like. There is no disagreement that CB needs addressing badly. I like this discussion on other options.

I would feel quite fine with Chris Harris Jr.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent history shows me that I want to stay away from players that demand to be traded. Ramsey says it is a respect issue. I need some clarity on how he was disrespected. What happens here when he doesn't agree with Schwarts? Will he feel disrespected again and demand to be traded again? You can't say no because it has already happened once, which means it can happen again.

The D need to be be adjusted to fit the players we have. If Shwartz can't do it we need to find his replacement. Our offense just needs to score enough to make up for the issues with our defense.

We won the Super Bowl when Brady threw for like 500 yards. Our secondary has been crap for years. Is it the player or the DC? I am leaning towards the DC now as it his job to adjust to the talent he has available.

One player isn't going to fix everything so let's just ride this out and hope Schwartz and make the adjustments. It isn't all doom & gloom as we are the 8th rank red zone D in the league. This means we are stopping teams and forcing field goals.

There are lots of positives to build on and most of our injuries in our secondary are short term ones. Just hit the pause button and not leverage the future for someone that this team doesn't need.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent history shows me that I want to stay away from players that demand to be traded. Ramsey says it is a respect issue. I need some clarity on how he was disrespected. What happens here when he doesn't agree with Schwarts? Will he feel disrespected again and demand to be traded again? You can't say no because it has already happened once, which means it can happen again.

The D need to be be adjusted to fit the players we have. If Shwartz can't do it we need to find his replacement. Our offense just needs to score enough to make up for the issues with our defense.

We won the Super Bowl when Brady threw for like 500 yards. Our secondary has been crap for years. Is it the player or the DC? I am leaning towards the DC now as it his job to adjust to the talent he has available.

One player isn't going to fix everything so let's just ride this out and hope Schwartz and make the adjustments. It isn't all doom & gloom as we are the 8th rank red zone D in the league. This means we are stopping teams and forcing field goals.

There are lots of positives to build on and most of our injuries in our secondary are short term ones. Just hit the pause button and not leverage the future for someone that this team doesn't need.

This revolves around my thoughts well. Love the talent....dont love the player.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 takeaways from NFL Week 4

8 - Another cornerback might be available?
If the Eagles are looking to trade for a corner and Ramsey isn’t available, they could look to trade for four-time Pro Bowl selection Chris Harris Jr.

The Broncos, who dropped to 0-4 on Sunday, could be motivated to sell off the veteran defender since he’s in the last year of his contract anyway. Harris could appeal to the Eagles since he’s versatile and he has experience with defensive backs coach Cory Undlin, who previously coached in Denver. Harris has logged 18 interceptions and 75 passes defensed since becoming a full-time starter in 2012.

Harris should be available at an affordable cost. And if the Eagles don’t re-sign him, they can potentially get a compensatory pick if he leaves in free agency.

The more I see this idea the more I like it. It doesn't shore up a CB slot long term....but it does get us a good vet cheap for the rest of this year....and then who knows for a few years more.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary will be better by the end of the year. Like last year.

We just need a few guys back there that can turn the ball over. If they get beat some, we'll go score anyway.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to a good BGN podcast on way to work. Talking about how unlikely a move for Ramsey is. In discussing other options this nugget came out:

Chris Harris Jr has some of the best ratings at playing off coverage. Who plays the most aggressive off coverage in football?