• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to under value Van Riemsdyk but a young talented cheaper (starting next year) OFFENSIVELY INCLINED D-man always has more value.

really dont think he's got that

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprise to see Gill ending up with the Flyers.

Yeah, and I hate the thought of that. HATE the idea. Which means it'll probably happen. Gill's moving, that much is sure. And the price is likely higher due to demand.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at rosters/cap space I can't believe the Avs only have 8 players (3 forward, 3 D, 2 goalies) under contract next year. Yes they have quite a few RFA's but they are going to have a busy off season.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I hate the thought of that. HATE the idea. Which means it'll probably happen. Gill's moving, that much is sure. And the price is likely higher due to demand.

Same here but it makes sense. He would help that team alot come playoff time.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at rosters/cap space I can't believe the Avs only have 8 players (3 forward, 3 D, 2 goalies) under contract next year. Yes they have quite a few RFA's but they are going to have a busy off season.

The Islanders have 10 UFA's at the end of the year. Can you say roster overhall.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Islanders have 10 UFA's at the end of the year. Can you say roster overhall.

That D-core will look a lot different next year. The one positive outside of Reasoner all the old players that really hurt the team rather then help will be gone.

Now only if DiPietro will retire to get that off the books. :L Seriously though if the Isles waive him how would that effect the salary cap? We all know no team will pick him up and totally surprised they didn't do that already.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither do I but looking at some of the contracts that D-men are getting being offensively inclined isn't as big a requirement.

when i say offensively inclined i dont mean just points ... ability to make a good first pass and ability to skate the puck up ice come to mind and i dont think he excels at those elements

its like Ken Holland says ... you dont throw money or overpay for defensive stay at home defensemen

the toronto hype machine factor also shouldnt be discounted with Schenn

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

even still ... i think they have a self imposed cap ... which is the floor

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That D-core will look a lot different next year. The one positive outside of Reasoner all the old players that really hurt the team rather then help will be gone.

Now only if DiPietro will retire to get that off the books. :L Seriously though if the Isles waive him how would that effect the salary cap? We all know no team will pick him up and totally surprised they didn't do that already.

Dipietro has already said he won't retire. Heck neither would we if we could get 4.5 million per year for the next 9 years without playing more than 10 games per year.

It will be interesting to see what the Islanders do with Ricky. Brendan Witt's buyout comes off the books at the end of the year. This means the Islanders will have a buyout available. If they do so with Dipietro he will be on their books for the next 18 years. The cap hit would be much less, but it's almost 2 decades.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i say offensively inclined i dont mean just points ... ability to make a good first pass and ability to skate the puck up ice come to mind and i dont think he excels at those elements
its like Ken Holland says ... you dont throw money or overpay for defensive stay at home defensemen

the toronto hype machine factor also shouldnt be discounted with Schenn

Same here and unfortunately there is only one Ken Holland.

Per the toronto hype machine = Yankee prospects in baseball overvalued.

But I wasn't trying to discount Van Riemsdyk it was more along what you were saying too many folks over value defenseman. Burke should use that to his advantage.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jvr and a 3rd for Schenn

2nd and 4th for Gill

We keep our firsts, and still have LA's 2nd. DO IT HOMER

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flyers aren't looking for offensive minded d-men.. in a surprising turn of events, the flyers organization (and fans) want someone that hits a lot

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I want Gill back so much...but after our D's performance of late, I'd put him out with Michalek (maybe Martin) and move one of those two down to play with Nisky/Lovejoy. Not sure about Engo's status after missing last night. I know this team is pretty solid, but we have a LOT of space (I think...). According to capgeek it'll be about 17million at deadline day. That's a lot of room to maneuver. Certainly don't want to pick up any contracts, but some UFAs aren't a bad idea.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry not to upset Flyer fans but Toronto would be crazy to make this a straight up deal. The huge reason is Schenn has a LOT more value to many teams out there than Van Riemsdyk. I know it is Burke but he would be clinically insane not to listen to other offers I bet some team will blow this out of the water.

Not trying to under value Van Riemsdyk but a young talented cheaper (starting next year) D-man always has more value.

see there are also people, not philly related, that think the flyers would be crazy to make that deal because schenn is underperforming pretty badly in toronto.. i think both players would benefit from a change in scenery and i think in the end, the teams would land on a 1-1 deal

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Marshall to Hershey for Matt Ford. Cool, whatevs.....

EDIT: HOLY FUCKJINF SHIT!!!

@DarrenDreger #Flyers trade newly acquired Matt Ford to Leafs for Luke Schenn.

ZOMG!!11!

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Marshall to Hershey for Matt Ford. Cool, whatevs.....

EDIT: HOLY FUCKJINF SHIT!!!

@DarrenDreger #Flyers trade newly acquired Matt Ford to Leafs for Luke Schenn.

ZOMG!!11!

*tilts head to side confusedly*

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were joking, right? I mean, when people edit I tend to get confused. Just hoping you're not following a fake Dreger.