• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I love how the commentators last night saw Rodgers making an amazing 4th down play.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and didn't see the obvious holding by the lineman from behind. It's amazing! He wasn't even chased by him even though he didn't go down.

832001296.gif

Aaron Rodgers converted a miracle fourth down thanks to strength, poise and blatant holding | For The Win

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming at the television and all those around me during the re-play of that play. Glad it didn't lead to a Niner loss.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not whining about the Packers getting away with holding on that play. The refs were pretty consistent at not calling penalties on either teams (mostly involving the CB). I'm whining about how Aikman and that other guy gave Rodgers all the credit on it and did not see, or mention, the holding.

I hate the Rodgers ever since he whined about not going to the Rose Bowl while he was at Cal. I was starting to get respect for him back going into last season, but he spent all season about how he dropped in the draft. BOO freaking HOO. It turned out terrible for him obviously.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Packers & Steelers get more help from the ref's than anyone else I've seen.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman did mention the holding on the 3rd or 4th replay.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I missed most of the replay. Too busy shouting profanities out my window at my neighbor who was telling me to shut up. Might have lost a little bit of composure on that one....

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do football fans still talk about this stuff? The refs miss a ton of calls, and make a ton of bad ones, because it's incredibly hard to get everything right on every play, it's a fast paced game with a lot of rules.

Isn't it just part of the sport? The Niners get their share of calls or lucky missed calls too, it all evens out.

Obviously it matters more in the playoffs where it's win or go home, one bad call might end your season without a chance for it to even out, but is it really worth bringing up? EVERY game has some missed or wrong calls, is it really worth mentioning?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not whining about the Packers getting away with holding on that play. The refs were pretty consistent at not calling penalties on either teams (mostly involving the CB). I'm whining about how Aikman and that other guy gave Rodgers all the credit on it and did not see, or mention, the holding.

I hate the Rodgers ever since he whined about not going to the Rose Bowl while he was at Cal. I was starting to get respect for him back going into last season, but he spent all season about how he dropped in the draft. BOO freaking HOO. It turned out terrible for him obviously.

Why do football fans still talk about this stuff? The refs miss a ton of calls, and make a ton of bad ones, because it's incredibly hard to get everything right on every play, it's a fast paced game with a lot of rules.

Isn't it just part of the sport? The Niners get their share of calls or lucky missed calls too, it all evens out.

Obviously it matters more in the playoffs where it's win or go home, one bad call might end your season without a chance for it to even out, but is it really worth bringing up? EVERY game has some missed or wrong calls, is it really worth mentioning?

I understand that and I did mention it in my last post. It's just whenever the refs missed a call on the 49ers, that is all the commentators talked about. Since it was the ALMIGHTY Aaron Rodgers...it had to be all him. If it was Kaepernick that broke the tackle, all they would have talked about was how lucky the 49ers got not to be called.

Now, had the 49ers lost, I would go back to that penalty saying the 49ers did what they needed to do. It was a 4th down and it led to a Packer TD.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This wasn't one or two missed calls, this was like 20 blatant holds that didn't get called. I counted 9 of them on Aldon Smith alone. I don't mind them letting the WR and CB battle a little bit, they weren't calling it on the niners either.... but mostly because we weren't holding on every play.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because its Monday and we don't play again till Sunday. Also this is a sports forum where people come to talk about whatever they feel like.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't one or two missed calls, this was like 20 blatant holds that didn't get called. I counted 9 of them on Aldon Smith alone. I don't mind them letting the WR and CB battle a little bit, they weren't calling it on the niners either.... but mostly because we weren't holding on every play.

But if we go over to the Packers threads, aren't they pointing out all the calls on the Niners that got missed?

It's just so predictable, after every game, for every team, the fans start ripping the refs. By now it's not worth mentioning...

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think the 49ers were just as bad. I just think it makes it worse that this was 4th down and the Packers scored a TD the next play or 2, which could have cost 49ers the game.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because its Monday and we don't play again till Sunday. Also this is a sports forum where people come to talk about whatever they feel like.

Fair enough...best answer possible

I guess it's always amused me because the other teams' fans are doing the exact same thing except in reverse (refs gave the Niners that game!)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman did mention the holding on the 3rd or 4th replay.

Yeah, even after he mentioned it, he's said what a play by Rodgers. I guess I can say that Rogers did a good job but not the person doing the holding. Rodgers would not have been able to do a good job if not for the holding. In the first half, I kept noticing how on what seemed like every passing play, there were a lot of players around Rodgers and he never seemed to get hit or sacked. Then in the second half, there were some times he had all day, and then we also did get to him, unlike the first half. Maybe just the first quarter and a half, but you know what I mean.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough...best answer possible

I guess it's always amused me because the other teams' fans are doing the exact same thing except in reverse (refs gave the Niners that game!)

I am biased in this response but I don't remember our line holding. The were some questionable calls against our DBs but the greater violations were all on the packers imo. Refs miss calls but in the gif you can see Hoc looking at the packer oline men hold RayMac and no call that is absurd imo.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree I have heard people talk about it. They mention the hold but still it was a heck of a play.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys at NFL network were calling them out for the hold/no call..... even ESPN mention it ESPN!!!!

IMO, i didn't think GB got penetration or push like our guys to warrant a miss call... maybe its homerism

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The only call / non-call that went the Niners' way was when there was a facemask penalty on Green Bay, but there should've been illegal hands to the face on both teams. Should have offset.

I don't remember the Niners getting away with anything else. Green Bay got away with a hold on JSmith & Aldon, and they got away with PI on the second drive (not the first one; that was clean). Forget what else went on.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only call / non-call that went the Niners' way was when there was a facemask penalty on Green Bay, but there should've been illegal hands to the face on both teams. Should have offset.

I don't remember the Niners getting away with anything else. Green Bay got away with a hold on JSmith & Aldon, and they got away with PI on the second drive (not the first one; that was clean). Forget what else went on.

The defensive holding against Crab should have been PI IMO