• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I love how the commentators last night saw Rodgers making an amazing 4th down play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive holding against Crab should have been PI IMO

Both drives there was Holding/PI. Look they were letting them play and Im ok with that but the ones that really stick out u need to call. The escape play it was clear that he was holding. I also remember in the 3rd one play where A. Smith got held and his whole buddy got pulled down and nothing. Would of been a sack on Rogers. A. Smith was pissed after that play. He went up to the refs and said something.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even after he mentioned it, he's said what a play by Rodgers. I guess I can say that Rogers did a good job but not the person doing the holding. Rodgers would not have been able to do a good job if not for the holding. In the first half, I kept noticing how on what seemed like every passing play, there were a lot of players around Rodgers and he never seemed to get hit or sacked. Then in the second half, there were some times he had all day, and then we also did get to him, unlike the first half. Maybe just the first quarter and a half, but you know what I mean.

Yeah the only reason Rodgers made the play was because of the hold. But it was still an incredible play to watch. Looked like he was surrounded in a pile of humanity, escapes, throws a bullet on the run and converts a 4th down. Lot of drama. At least it didn't cost us the game.

Pats fans will always bitter about the holding call not called during the Tyree catch.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the only reason Rodgers made the play was because of the hold. But it was still an incredible play to watch. Looked like he was surrounded in a pile of humanity, escapes, throws a bullet on the run and converts a 4th down. Lot of drama. At least it didn't cost us the game.

Pats fans will always bitter about the holding call not called during the Tyree catch.

Karma's a bitch: tuck rule

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and didn't see the obvious holding by the lineman from behind. It's amazing! He wasn't even chased by him even though he didn't go down.

832001296.gif

Aaron Rodgers converted a miracle fourth down thanks to strength, poise and blatant holding | For The Win

What are you talking about? They saw it and both commented on it a couple of times during the replays.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only call / non-call that went the Niners' way was when there was a facemask penalty on Green Bay, but there should've been illegal hands to the face on both teams. Should have offset.

I don't remember the Niners getting away with anything else. Green Bay got away with a hold on JSmith & Aldon, and they got away with PI on the second drive (not the first one; that was clean). Forget what else went on.

Cox hit Nelson a little too early on that long pass breakup in the third quarter. Could have been 45 yards of PI.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also talked ad nauseum about the game-winning kick that was "almost blocked" by the defender who was flagged for being offsides.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox hit Nelson a little too early on that long pass breakup in the third quarter. Could have been 45 yards of PI.

Yes Cox had one. GB had atleast 3-5 that should of been called on GB. Even with all that holding Crabtree had a big game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY.

And the tuck rule incident was called correctly.

Bullshit! As much as I dislike the Raiders, that call was nonsense. No one had ever heard of that rule before. Now the NFL had to call it for a couple of years just to make that one call look ligit but you notice they don't have that rule anymore?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also talked ad nauseum about the game-winning kick that was "almost blocked" by the defender who was flagged for being offsides.

Probably, like us, they didn't know there was a flag. Easy to miss amid all the game winning hysteria.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because nobody heard about the rule it didn't exist?

Again: :L

You know exactly what I mean. You don't pull some old rule out of mothballs in a situation like that. That was someone under the hood making sure the ref made that call and reminding him that the rule even existed. It would not have happened had it not been Al Davis' team.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta say, if the officials are going to "let 'em play" going forward as they did yesterday, Seattle is going to be darn near impossible to beat. A game like this will only encourage them to hold more than they already do.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you do! Rules are rules. You don't get to decide when to enforce 'em or not.

Absolutely absurd. There is holding at the O line or down the field by DBs on every play yet its not called on every play. It is ridiculous to say that refs don't get to decide when to enforce rules and when not to.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because nobody heard about the rule it didn't exist?

Again: :L

Well, I never heard about the rule that opposing teams can recover a punt returner's fumble. So therefore, our ball. Come to think of it, I never heard about the rule that we had to get in the endzone to score 6. We win every game. Kick a field goal and then go for two? ;)

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers & Steelers get more help from the ref's than anyone else I've seen.

And I honestly have never seen a team get jobbed by the refs as consistently as the 49ers in the last few years (and especially this year). It's probably not intentional but I wonder if Harbaugh's presence has anything to do with that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I honestly have never seen a team get jobbed by the refs as consistently as the 49ers in the last few years (and especially this year). It's probably not intentional but I wonder if Harbaugh's presence has anything to do with that.

I think every fan says that about their team. I've never heard a fan say "Damn, the refs always give us the breaks". But as far as Harbaugh is concerned, you make a good point. I'd like to see him tone down the sideline histrionics a little bit. I don't even like some of his locker room behavior. I thought the jumping around and screaming in the locker room after the victory yesterday was over the top and a litttle disconcerting.