• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just learned about Ted Williams' Mexican ancestry

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that was hidden well. I never knew about it before. I've never heard anybody mention anything about it until today when I was reading an article about a reporter asking Sergio Romo what country he was from (USA, of course, but I guess the reporter didn't know that). In the comments section, Ted Williams' Mexican ancestry was mentioned. Who here already knew about the Splendid Splinter's Mexican ancestry.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His momma was Mexican, right? I don't think he hid it all.

And he grew up within a hat dance of the border I believe.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His momma was Mexican, right? I don't think he hid it all.

And he grew up within a hat dance of the border I believe.

Yep. It wasn't hidden at all. But why would anyone other than Red Sox fans know or care? His mom's was from El Paso and has Spanish & American Indian ancestors. Teddy grew up in San Diego.

His uncle who taught him the game was a semi-pro that pitched against Babe Ruth!

During the Korean War, Williams was the wingman to future astronaut John Glenn....

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It wasn't hidden at all. But why would anyone other than Red Sox fans know or care? His mom's was from El Paso and has Spanish & American Indian ancestors. Teddy grew up in San Diego.

His uncle who taught him the game was a semi-pro that pitched against Babe Ruth!

During the Korean War, Williams was the wingman to future astronaut John Glenn....

That's cool trivia to read about. Thanks. :suds: