• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE 21 Week Marathon League of Way Too Many Rules Playoff Edition

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gift to you on this wonderful Christmas Day.

So, when I joined this league, they told me we would go into week 21. I knew that. They told me we had to have 3QB,5RB,5WR,2TE,2K and 2D on the roster at all times. I knew that. They told me you got bonus points for length (the wife told me that too, but that's a whole new thread in a different forum). I knew that. They told me it was wise to draft not only to get through the 17 week season but grab guise that you think will be in the playoffs (I had that figured out on my own but I humored them). I knew that. Now I'm not going to list all the things that I didn't know because this post will be long enough and I really want yoose guise to read this, because unlike me, you will find this pretty damn funny, while I am still shaking my head. If anybody has been reading any of the hundreds of threads I have started over this league, you will know I have been pulling my last remaining hair out trying to balance getting to the playoffs with actually getting there and winning a round or two. Oh yeah, this league is 12 teams, has been around for well over 30 years and cost $150 to get in. Just to sum up how goofy this league is, I have a good shot at my 5th high score of the week (all I really need is 30-35 points from Zeke,Dez,Kelce and Bailey), of course the 5 high scores go with the 3 low scores of the week I've had. So I have had High/Low score half of the season so far.
So last night my buddies wife (who is my co-owner) texts me to see if we are going to win. We're down 5 points with all our Cowboys and Kelce left so I tell her yeah, probably. She then asks if that will put us in the playoffs and I says "Hell if I know but I think so. BTW, I'm going to have to start dropping some pretty good players for some playoff scrubs, and it won't matter anyway cuz all of our good players have a 1st round bye." Well, that's when I learned (what I thought I already knew) about our playoff settings. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I think this is how it goes.
Top 6 teams H2H record make it in. Knew that.
It's a 2 week system. Didn't know that. Actually, was pretty sure I was told top 2 teams got a bye.
Teams seeded 1,4 and 6 play each other in weeks 18 and 19, while 2,3 and 5 go against each other. Didn't know that or have a clue there were leagues that did this. I guess I need to get out more.
So here's the part that I'm actually going to DRIVE MY ASS TO THEIR HOUSE IN THIS GOD AWFUL SNOWSTORM to talk to them FACE TO FACE ABOUT!
You put in a line up for week 18 and 19, the players you put in can only be used once in said weeks. SO I DON"T HAVE TO DROP GOOD PLAYERS FOR SCRUBS! I HAVE A DAMN LINE UP FOR THE FIRST ROUND AND A DAMN GOOD ONE TOO! (Well, I think, because this is still pretty vague).

Hey, my FF skills have always been a little off the wall and yes, there is a good amount of luck involved I can admit that. But never can I remember a league where I had a team have the lowest score of the entire year one week followed up with the second highest score of the year the next.................all I can say is it's a good thing she texted me last night or I may have screwed us all to hell.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Merry Xmas to you as well Sam

I was either watching the little guy squeeze Juice out of his Juice box or read that

:noidea:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Merry Xmas to you as well Sam

I was either watching the little guy squeeze Juice out of his Juice box or read that

:noidea:
Watching paint dry is probably better than reading that................

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, when I joined this league, they told me we would go into week 21. I knew that. They told me we had to have 3QB,5RB,5WR,2TE,2K and 2D on the roster at all times. I knew that. They told me you got bonus points for length (the wife told me that too, but that's a whole new thread in a different forum). I knew that. They told me it was wise to draft not only to get through the 17 week season but grab guise that you think will be in the playoffs (I had that figured out on my own but I humored them). I knew that. Now I'm not going to list all the things that I didn't know because this post will be long enough and I really want yoose guise to read this, because unlike me, you will find this pretty damn funny, while I am still shaking my head. If anybody has been reading any of the hundreds of threads I have started over this league, you will know I have been pulling my last remaining hair out trying to balance getting to the playoffs with actually getting there and winning a round or two. Oh yeah, this league is 12 teams, has been around for well over 30 years and cost $150 to get in. Just to sum up how goofy this league is, I have a good shot at my 5th high score of the week (all I really need is 30-35 points from Zeke,Dez,Kelce and Bailey), of course the 5 high scores go with the 3 low scores of the week I've had. So I have had High/Low score half of the season so far.
So last night my buddies wife (who is my co-owner) texts me to see if we are going to win. We're down 5 points with all our Cowboys and Kelce left so I tell her yeah, probably. She then asks if that will put us in the playoffs and I says "Hell if I know but I think so. BTW, I'm going to have to start dropping some pretty good players for some playoff scrubs, and it won't matter anyway cuz all of our good players have a 1st round bye." Well, that's when I learned (what I thought I already knew) about our playoff settings. I'm still trying to figure it out, but I think this is how it goes.
It's a 2 week system. Didn't know that. Actually, was pretty sure I was told top 2 teams got a bye.
Teams seeded 1,4 and 6 play each other in weeks 18 and 19, while 2,3 and 5 go against each other. Didn't know that or have a clue there were leagues that did this. I guess I need to get out more.
So here's the part that I'm actually going to DRIVE MY ASS TO THEIR HOUSE IN THIS GOD AWFUL SNOWSTORM to talk to them FACE TO FACE ABOUT!
You put in a line up for week 18 and 19, the players you put in can only be used once in said weeks. SO I DON"T HAVE TO DROP GOOD PLAYERS FOR SCRUBS! I HAVE A DAMN LINE UP FOR THE FIRST ROUND AND A DAMN GOOD ONE TOO! (Well, I think, because this is still pretty vague).

Hey, my FF skills have always been a little off the wall and yes, there is a good amount of luck involved I can admit that. But never can I remember a league where I had a team have the lowest score of the entire year one week followed up with the second highest score of the year the next.................all I can say is it's a good thing she texted me last night or I may have screwed us all to hell.

th

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So while I was reading this I sensed that your tone was frustration. As soon as I got to the point where you started talking about your co-owner, I thought you were going to say that she dropped Zeke for somebody who would play in week 18.

That definitely seems like good news though! Can't imagine anyone having a better lineup than you.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So while I was reading this I sensed that your tone was frustration. As soon as I got to the point where you started talking about your co-owner, I thought you were going to say that she dropped Zeke for somebody who would play in week 18.

That definitely seems like good news though! Can't imagine anyone having a better lineup than you.
There is a ton of frustration here. My co-owner's hubby runs it, is my best friend here in Idaho, but the league by-laws are very vague, and none of this is in there...........and I was the guy that was hatching a plan to drop Shady right before game time next week to grab (insert playoff scrub RB here) just to maybe get a point or two.

BTW, co-owner has been awesome as far as letting me run the team...............anti-awesome when it comes to sorting out some of these crazy ass rules

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams seeded 1,4 and 6 play each other in weeks 18 and 19, while 2,3 and 5 go against each other. Didn't know that or have a clue there were leagues that did this.
My first year in a fantasy league in 2001 did this format. Sort of.
The part where you actually played against 2 opponents in a 3-way playoff.
You just brought back memories of Martin Gramatica. He was my 3rd overall pick in the draft.
Yep. Didn't have a clue as to what I was doing.
Actually kind of sounds like you now, Sammy?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first year in a fantasy league in 2001 did this format. Sort of.
The part where you actually played against 2 opponents in a 3-way playoff.
You just brought back memories of Martin Gramatica. He was my 3rd overall pick in the draft.
Yep. Didn't have a clue as to what I was doing.
Actually kind of sounds like you now, Sammy?
Lol................the BEST text I got yesterday ( I left this out of the original post because, well, it is pretty long-winded) was when my buddy (the husband) said he was going to post the "How to's" for this playoff system sometime this week................would have liked them oh, maybe before the draft?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol................the BEST text I got yesterday ( I left this out of the original post because, well, it is pretty long-winded) was when my buddy (the husband) said he was going to post the "How to's" for this playoff system sometime this week................would have liked them oh, maybe before the draft?

You mean you want to think about the playoffs before the playoffs start? Blasphemy.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the fuck you just said, little kid, but you touched a brother's heart.