• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with Bell in a keeper league...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I don't make any trades, I will still have a very tough decision to make on cut day. I will be trying to make some trades off the 5 man squad as it sits. I may be reaching for the stars here with dreams of Gurley, but there is definitely something here. I think Bell for Julio is very possible. That would give him Gurley and Bell to build around next year.
Oh yeah Bell for Julio would definitely be possible if he has interest in Bell.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bell plans to sit this season out. With this news breaking tonight and me working with the Julio owner tomorrow, we should be able to have a deal in place set to go through at Bell's deadline on Tuesday.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not read all the replies, but my thought is this:

He is looking to next year, and you would be hard pressed to upgrade Julio by enough to make the Gurley downgrade worthwhile.

Because Bell will not have as much value in another city as he did in pittsburgh. The gap between Gurley and Bell is far greater than the gap between Julio and ODB and Conner. And since you can only keep 2 guys, nothing beyond that really matters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bell plans to sit this season out. With this news breaking tonight and me working with the Julio owner tomorrow, we should be able to have a deal in place set to go through at Bell's deadline on Tuesday.

Sounds like a great trade.

And if Bell ends up playing somewhere else, it is highly possible Conner and ODB are both better keeper options anyway.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am dangling Bell around to all the teams with a losing record. I have a couple of guys interested and have received 1 offer from a team that is 5-5 and 1 game out of a playoff spot. I also own this guy's 1st round pick and he started 1-5 and reeled off 4 straight, so it doesn't make sense for him, but he made the offer, so...

Anyway, he is offering ADP and Nick Chubb for Bell. I am going to sit on it for a minute and see what else comes in. The guy with Julio and I have talked and he is one of the interested parties, but there has been no offers yet.

Question is, if nothing better comes in, is this enough for Bell? I can possibly unload Bell for a draft pick in the off season, or keep him myself. But Chubb and Peterson would solidify my RBs for a run this year, where I have a solid shot, I feel.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am dangling Bell around to all the teams with a losing record. I have a couple of guys interested and have received 1 offer from a team that is 5-5 and 1 game out of a playoff spot. I also own this guy's 1st round pick and he started 1-5 and reeled off 4 straight, so it doesn't make sense for him, but he made the offer, so...

Anyway, he is offering ADP and Nick Chubb for Bell. I am going to sit on it for a minute and see what else comes in. The guy with Julio and I have talked and he is one of the interested parties, but there has been no offers yet.

Question is, if nothing better comes in, is this enough for Bell? I can possibly unload Bell for a draft pick in the off season, or keep him myself. But Chubb and Peterson would solidify my RBs for a run this year, where I have a solid shot, I feel.

that's really hard... your team is pretty solid, but definitely can use a RB... But this is also PPR, the 2 backs he is giving you are not PPR guys, so I am unsure how much of an upgrade he is to Collins(who is currently your RB2)...

Don't think that is enough of an upgrade this season to hurt yourself NEXT season... Even if you are going for the win...

Don't forget you'd be trading for Chubb at his ceiling value, AND he has a BYE this week...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's really hard... your team is pretty solid, but definitely can use a RB... But this is also PPR, the 2 backs he is giving you are not PPR guys, so I am unsure how much of an upgrade he is to Collins(who is currently your RB2)...

Don't think that is enough of an upgrade this season to hurt yourself NEXT season... Even if you are going for the win...

Don't forget you'd be trading for Chubb at his ceiling value, AND he has a BYE this week...
I've been trotting out Ingram as my RB2 since he has been back, but that is splitting hairs. It really wouldn't solve my problems, but would give me a couple more options for potential matchups at RB. I would much rather get Julio for Bell and trot out three stud WRs, but I will have to wait and see what other offers come in.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a different team offered me Kerryon Johnson for Bell. Would that be better than Chubb and ADP?

Still waiting to talk to the Julio owner. He ended up not working that Sunday and he has been in during my shift a couple of times since then, but with this chick he is banging and wasn't really trying to talk shop. Plus, the dude who offered Chubb and ADP was there, also and he doesn't want to talk with him around because he knows I will become an auctioneer if that happens.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a different team offered me Kerryon Johnson for Bell. Would that be better than Chubb and ADP?

Still waiting to talk to the Julio owner. He ended up not working that Sunday and he has been in during my shift a couple of times since then, but with this chick he is banging and wasn't really trying to talk shop. Plus, the dude who offered Chubb and ADP was there, also and he doesn't want to talk with him around because he knows I will become an auctioneer if that happens.

No. I take Chubb over Kerryon alone.

Chubb would be your every week RB2 after his bye. I fear AP is going to struggle with the Oline decimated, but I would still take that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trotting out Ingram as my RB2 since he has been back, but that is splitting hairs. It really wouldn't solve my problems, but would give me a couple more options for potential matchups at RB. I would much rather get Julio for Bell and trot out three stud WRs, but I will have to wait and see what other offers come in.
Significantly more than what I would give for Bell, so yea, IMHO, definitely enough

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I finally talked to the Julio owner last night and he isn't near as excited about this as he was when we first talked about it. He's going to think about it, but it didn't sound promising. I'm thinking about trying to throw in an IDP keeper (Wagner or Kuechley), but he's probably out. The guy with Chubb and Peterson is still interested, but he sounds like he doesn't want to throw in ADP, so it would just be Chubb for Bell. The Kerryon guy is still hanging in there. Then, there is a wild card. This guy is a known wheeler and dealer and if he loses this weekend, he will fall to 4-7. We haven't talked too much about it, but he has AJ Green. He also has Phillip Lindsay, so maybe I could do those two for Bell and Jamal Adams (he is very interested in him and I think he would be his IDP keeper)?

The guy with Chubb is doing the most talking about it. I told him that I have a few offers on the table and he's trying to pry out what names are being thrown around, but I'm clamming up about that. I did say that one was very similar to Chubb. So, back to the original question, I guess. Would Chubb or Kerryon be solid compensation for Bell? It seems like Chubb is the better rated guy for this season (although, they are pretty close). I also would lean towards Chubb because the owner has a legit shot at the playoffs (is only 1 game out right now) and that would weaken a contender, plus I have his 1st round pick, which would possibly improve if he traded away Chubb for Bell. Or, I could make a run with what I have and unload Bell in the off season for a pick (not guaranteed, but very possible). Right now, we cannot trade for picks.

I've been thinking all along that Chubb is not a bad back up plan.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and it looks like everyone who was interested has suddenly had a change of heart. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Kerryon owner, but everyone else has backed out. Still not 100% that I would take the deal if it is still on the table. I do need a RB, though, so I very well may do it. I have a bid in for Josh Adams, although I may add Gus as a backup plan. Especially since I have Collins.