• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope berkman goes home cryin

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this ( average team ) beats his ass in the world series. I remember him saying he picked the cardinals over the rangers in the offseason cause he thought the rangers were a average team without out cliff lee. LETS BEAT HIS ASS PLEASE

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, but doesn't this feel kinda of de ja vou like? Rangers go to WS only to face off against an NL team who barely made it in at the last second. Hopefully this more complete Rangers team changes the outcome.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, but doesn't this feel kinda of de ja vou like? Rangers go to WS only to face off against an NL team who barely made it in at the last second. Hopefully this more complete Rangers team changes the outcome.

Yes & No. Last year, most people wanted the Giants. (I actually wanted the Phillies). Comparing the 2 teams....

Cardinals dont have the same pitching staff that the Giants did (weaker)... And they dont have the same offense though either...(better).

It'll be a great series... but I'm calling Rangers in 5. :hdn:

:)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes & No. Last year, most people wanted the Giants. (I actually wanted the Phillies). Comparing the 2 teams....

Cardinals dont have the same pitching staff that the Giants did (weaker)... And they dont have the same offense though either...(better).

It'll be a great series... but I'm calling Rangers in 5. :hdn:

:)

I wonder what the rotation will be. CJ and Colby are the best hitters I believe, so maybe they are 1 and 2. Then I'd put Harrison and Holland in that order.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, looking at their lineup, they are going to match up well against our lefty heavy rotation.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2010 Cody Ross = 2011 David Freese

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, although the Cardinal offense is heaps better than anything the Giants rolled out last year, their pitching can't touch what the Ginats had going last year. Carpenter is great, but beyond that, they have a pretty hittable starting staff. Of course, right now, so do we.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does that mean they wont be making the Playoffs next year? :(

You know, if given the option of guaranteed WS win this year and no playoffs next year...I'd probably take it. I know we are favorites, but seems like we were favorites last year. I'll take a guarantee over most things.

And that last line made me think of Tommy Boy:

"But why do they put a guarantee on the box?"

"Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me. "

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Fordman, the 2010 Giants are basically NOTHING like the 2011 Rangers. I hope the results are the same, but 2 very differently constructed teams. But you know that. 'Cause you're a real fan.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Fordman, the 2010 Giants are basically NOTHING like the 2011 Rangers. I hope the results are the same, but 2 very differently constructed teams. But you know that. 'Cause you're a real fan.

Has nothing to do with construction, and YES I am a real fan. You on the other hand are not. There are two schools of thought on which you are. You are either:

A) A douche-bag panty waste who is too afraid to ever embrace something out of fear that it will end badly and you will have your little feelings hurt
or
B) a douche-bag panty waste who likes to pretend to be a fan so you can take "just saying" shots at the team from a supposed insiders vantage

Which is it? I have my money on A. Maybe we should put it to the vote in its own thread.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Aggie is strong in you Fordman. Whoop!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Fordman can we quit the juvenile "real fan" business? We are both "real fans" who would love to see the Rangers win the World Series. I simply pointed out that Freese reminds me of Cody Ross from the Giants last year. I didn't say the Cards were therefore going to roll the Rangers or the Rangers are doomed or anything of the sort. In fact, YOU pointed out how they match up well against our heavy lefty staff. Does that make you negative or not a "real" fan? Hardly. I'm looking forward to the Series, as are you, and hoping the Rangers get it done this year.

Just because I make an observation, just like you do, doesn't disqualify either one of us from being "real" fans.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Fordman can we quit the juvenile "real fan" business? We are both "real fans" who would love to see the Rangers win the World Series. I simply pointed out that Freese reminds me of Cody Ross from the Giants last year. I didn't say the Cards were therefore going to roll the Rangers or the Rangers are doomed or anything of the sort. In fact, YOU pointed out how they match up well against our heavy lefty staff. Does that make you negative or not a "real" fan? Hardly. I'm looking forward to the Series, as are you, and hoping the Rangers get it done this year.

Just because I make an observation, just like you do, doesn't disqualify either one of us from being "real" fans.

Whatever. Your act has grown tiresome. When the posters on this board have to make a freakin bet with you just to get you to shut your constant whining and complaining...you know your act is worn out.

It's the same old crap with you, just as it was with LL. Show up, complain nonstop, then when you are called out you make an underhanded complement, disappear whenever we are doing well, then come back with more bitching when we lose one game.

Circus sideshow, that is all you are.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about the World Series. We are doing well, and I haven't disappeared. I'm trying to be more positive about the Rangers than point out all the wrong things I think they do. They have a good shot at this thing and I am efforting to enjoy it more and complain less. I may not meet your standard but such is life. Let's move on.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what berkman will say when we beat them.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wonder what berkman will say when we beat them.

Aware of Berkman's comments. But this is to me not about being mad at somebody. More than anything I want the Texas Rangers to win the First Ever World Series. I am not out to knock anybody else. When the Rangers Win the World Series I am just going to go out of control. The 2011 Rangers will be Legends born this Post Season. Don't have any one Favorite Player. This Team has different Heroes Every Night. Everybody Contributes.