• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Have One Question Regarding THE Trade

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NFL.com:

Ten QBs Worth Pursuing Via Free Agency, Draft or Trade

- Deshaun Watson
- Jameis Winston
- Marcus Mariota
- Mitchell Trubisky
- Kenny Pickett
- Malik Willis
- Jimmy Garoppolo
- Matt Corral
- Teddy Bridgewater
- Desmond Ridder

Take Watson off that list and look at those names

Every single Bronco fan should be breathing a huge sigh of relief not being linked to Mitch Trubisky or Jameis Winston for an entire offseason

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are any Bronco fans out there that are not ecstatic about acquiring Russell Wilson, let's take a step back to 2019

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single Bronco fan should be breathing a huge sigh of relief not being linked to Mitch Trubisky or Jameis Winston for an entire offseason
Well, there's this:

And this:

So I'm definitely glad we got Wilson instead:suds:

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how ya'll got much better. Ya gave up 2 number 1's and 2 numbers 2's for a player that has peaked, in a tough division with a lotta talent. Ya'll basically have to win 13-14 games to win the division or 11-12 wins to make it as a wild card, imho.
That's gonna be tough. I think you lose 4 division games plus a couple of other games.
That means maybe 10 wins, and the Afc is getting stronger up and down the League.
Good luck.

Just so you know, as more teams get stronger, the average win% for teams actually go down, since fewer teams are overmatched. So when a division is strong, or a conference, you'll actually see lower win records as division champions and in wildcard spots.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plusses in acquisition of Wilson:

1) Salary Cap - Even with Wilson's reasonable salary for QB (a $10 million increase over last year) - The Broncos finished with more salary cap room than before the trade - by saving $7.5 on draft set asides - about $15 million on the trade of players. These savings come on top of about $40 million in salary cap space the Broncos had coming in. Replacements can be found for the departing players and draft picks in the FA market - and the salary cap casualty players.

2) The run game - acquiring the best deep passer in the league really opens up the Broncos run game with Williams and possibly Gordon coming back. You can not stack the box on a QB who has shown the ability to throw over your head.

3) Oline - good QBs make Olines look better as the defenders have to defend a larger field. Wilson has an ability to escape pressure so Dlines have to control their lanes - which makes them easier to block.

4) The Draft - this draft has depth, but lacks marquee players at the top. The 2nd - 2 3 rds and a high fourth and another 4th- means the Broncos will be very active in the depth of the draft. This is where Paton has excelled as a talent evaluator.

5) Broncos are now a destination team for NFL guys who want to play for a super bowl contender - guys will be more likely to sign with Denver for less to get the opportunity to get a ring. A factor we last saw with Manning was signed.

6) Wilson's age of 33 - he wants to play for 10 more years - and he should be good for a 4-5 year window for Super Bowl contention which beats getting Aaron Rodgers.

7) While Wilson brings a vaunted long ball game - Hackett's offense should maximize Wilson's talents and increase his ability to find launch windows for his passes downfield. The nature of the west coast offense will reduce Wilson's height weakness for throwing short passes down the middle - by moving him to the launch point for with more RPO.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad poster of the month award nominee.
NFL history says that Denver likely won't end up making it to the big game with their new quarterback. Of the previous seven Super Bowl winning quarterbacks who were traded by the team they won the Super Bowl with, none of them ever made it back to the big game and only one of them -- Joe Montana -- even reached a conference title game with their new team.
Good luck with that...........:skip:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL history says that Denver likely won't end up making it to the big game with their new quarterback. Of the previous seven Super Bowl winning quarterbacks who were traded by the team they won the Super Bowl with, none of them ever made it back to the big game and only one of them -- Joe Montana -- even reached a conference title game with their new team.
Reach,,,, LOL

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posts like this are why statistics get a bad wrap.

Just to add/clarify: Wilson may not get the broncos back to a SB, much less win one. There is not one QB playing or retired that can guarantee that.

He is an improvement on anything we have had since Manning. We aren’t entering the year with some shitty 2nd stringer that put together a good game in relief of the starter. We aren’t trying to force a young player that has shown little upside into franchise QB territory. It gives us hope going into the season after years of suck.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude- We went from Trevor Siemien to Paxton Lynch to Case Keenum back to Brock Osweiler to Joe Flacco to Drew Lock to Teddy Bridgewater back to Drew Lock... Give me a break!

I don't care about stats. The question was did we become a better team???

The answer is YES!!! I don't see what you are trying to argue here. Nobody asked if we would win a Super Bowl... The question was did we get better today?

The answer is YES! Russell Wilson is better then Drew Lock/Teddy Bridgewater. You seem to be having trouble grasping this.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think figuring out who these QBs are will give this stat more clarity

We're talking about Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, Jim McMahon, a beaten up Joe Namath, a all-but-retired Johnny Unitas ( who went 1-3 and then retired after the trade ), Kenny Stabler, Brett Farve and Joe Montana ... I was thinking Jim Plunkett would be on the list but I suppose he was not "traded" ...

I just can;t see how this stat has much relevance to the Russell Wilson-to -the-Broncos trade

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when your posting and you have the urge to drop a deuce. Invariably it ends up happening in the form of the post itself.
Encouragement Dog Poop GIF

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB had ever won a Superbowl with 2 different teams either....suddenly it's happened twice since 2015.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potentially the most impactful trade since the Manning signing. The Denver Broncos just got significantly better and are back to relevance in the NFL. Russell Wilson is arguably a future HOF'er, will provide stability/leadership and is simply put, a gamer. We've had five years of building up our skill positions and defense. This move immediately makes the Broncos games all winnable. I'm not saying that they will win them all but they won't be double digit dogs anymore. Just need to hope for good fortune with everyone staying healthy. RW should be our QB for the next 7 years.
Definitely a better team. Not SB ready but much better.
Improving from here will be harder but possible.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) “Past performance is no guarantee of future results.”

2) You previously posted this argument. Run out of material?

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a better team. Not SB ready but much better.
Improving from here will be harder but possible.....
Honestly, what is "Superbowl ready" though? Did we go into 2021 thinking the Bengals were Superbowl ready? No one thought New England was Superbowl ready in 2001 coming off a 5-11 season. If you can make the playoffs, magic can happen. Ask the NY Giants, they weren't supposed to win any of their Superbowls.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, what is "Superbowl ready" though? Did we go into 2021 thinking the Bengals were Superbowl ready? No one thought New England was Superbowl ready in 2001 coming off a 5-11 season. If you can make the playoffs, magic can happen. Ask the NY Giants, they weren't supposed to win any of their Superbowls.
Absolutely correct. Luck is definitely involved, along with other factors. Quality of the players is a big part yet not the only part.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) “Past performance is no guarantee of future results.”

2) You previously posted this argument. Run out of material?
Past performance is the best indicator of future performance.

And where and when did I post the same material pray tell..?...I'll wait.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude- We went from Trevor Siemien to Paxton Lynch to Case Keenum back to Brock Osweiler to Joe Flacco to Drew Lock to Teddy Bridgewater back to Drew Lock... Give me a break!

I don't care about stats. The question was did we become a better team???

The answer is YES!!! I don't see what you are trying to argue here. Nobody asked if we would win a Super Bowl... The question was did we get better today?

The answer is YES! Russell Wilson is better then Drew Lock/Teddy Bridgewater. You seem to be having trouble grasping this.
Finally, a reaction to my debate that makes sense....congrats.