• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Have One Question Regarding THE Trade

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we a better team than we were today before the trade??

Here are your options:

Hell yes!
Oh yea!
You betcah, baby!
How could we not be?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell to the yes.

Draft picks and players who cares.

Keeping Surtain and JJ makes this even sweeter

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how ya'll got much better. Ya gave up 2 number 1's and 2 numbers 2's for a player that has peaked, in a tough division with a lotta talent. Ya'll basically have to win 13-14 games to win the division or 11-12 wins to make it as a wild card, imho.
That's gonna be tough. I think you lose 4 division games plus a couple of other games.
That means maybe 10 wins, and the Afc is getting stronger up and down the League.
Good luck.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Wilson is still in his prime and will be for at least 2-3 more seasons…
Love how you single out 1 part of my post..........but, you could be right, barring injury at his age.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how ya'll got much better. Ya gave up 2 number 1's and 2 numbers 2's for a player that has peaked, in a tough division with a lotta talent. Ya'll basically have to win 13-14 games to win the division or 11-12 wins to make it as a wild card, imho.
That's gonna be tough. I think you lose 4 division games plus a couple of other games.
That means maybe 10 wins, and the Afc is getting stronger up and down the League.
Good luck.
Jealous much?! :)

Maybe you haven’t heard, but having a franchise QB is kind of important in the NFL.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous much?! :)

Maybe you haven’t heard, but having a franchise QB is kind of important in the NFL.
Jealous...??!?!?!?!......haha...of what pray tell?......I'd could care less,:2cents: just wanted to offer an opinion.
Sorry I ruffled yer feathers.........

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feathers are all just fine, thanks. :)

If you "don't think how ya'll got much better", maybe you haven;t been paying attention to our Cleveland - style QB merry go round of the past 7 years. Let me tell you who's celebrating tonight - Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, and Patrick.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need a elite QB a LT an edge rusher and a shut down CB

that’s your first round and most likely top 10

every other position can be outside of round 1

check on all 4

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potentially the most impactful trade since the Manning signing. The Denver Broncos just got significantly better and are back to relevance in the NFL. Russell Wilson is arguably a future HOF'er, will provide stability/leadership and is simply put, a gamer. We've had five years of building up our skill positions and defense. This move immediately makes the Broncos games all winnable. I'm not saying that they will win them all but they won't be double digit dogs anymore. Just need to hope for good fortune with everyone staying healthy. RW should be our QB for the next 7 years.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson holds his win percentage we will win 11.25 games next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck.

Bad poster of the month award nominee.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck.
The Broncos were one botched Drew Lock ( who I love ) RPO from beating the Bengals ... That was with Bridgewater and co putting up 0 points into the 3rd quarter

The Bengals, Chargers, Raiders, Titans, Pats, Ravens do not scare any Bronco fan at this point

The Bills and Chiefs are the ones to gun for ... This cannot be looked at as some overwhelming situation in which the AFC is some unconquerable beast ..

Russell Wilson puts us in the conversation, and IMO, it will be Ejiro Evero, Dom Capers and co. who will have a big say in where this Bronco team ends up come playoff time ..

Everything is new here, and that is reason enough to get the QB spot nailed down, esp after years of trial and error

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we are now out of the discussion for Kirk Cousins, Jamis Winston, Marcus Mariota, etc is reason enough to give this trade a resounding HELL YEAH

There are not too many QBs in the NFL right now who have an across-the-board command of respect that were even remotely available ..

The options were:

- stick with Drew Lock
- attempt to sell another cast-of journeyman to the fanbase
- roll the dice with a 2022 draft pick
- acquire Russel Wilson, Aarone Rodgers, Deshaun Watson

The thought of going with Teddy Bridgewater for another year, or acquiring Cousins, Winston, Mariota, etc was out of the question considering the team is looking at new ownership and still licking its wounds after Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, etc ... not an option

No QB coming out this year has shown to be anything more than Lock could have provided at this point ... Taking Willis or Corral or Pickett at 9 would have been a bad risk

So what, we trade down into the lower part of the first round for a QB because none of the QBs available are worth a Top 10 pick ?? .. How do you sell that to the fans ?? ... "We're going into the season with a guy we don't think is worth a top pick" .... not an option

So we have a choice between Wilson or Drew Lock .. with a team that is up for sale ..

I love Drew Lock, but this was a no brainer

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we are now out of the discussion for Kirk Cousins, Jamis Winston, Marcus Mariota, etc is reason enough to give this trade a resounding HELL YEAH

There are not too many QBs in the NFL right now who have an across-the-board command of respect that were even remotely available ..

The options were:

- stick with Drew Lock
- attempt to sell another cast-of journeyman to the fanbase
- roll the dice with a 2022 draft pick
- acquire Russel Wilson, Aarone Rodgers, Deshaun Watson

The thought of going with Teddy Bridgewater for another year, or acquiring Cousins, Winston, Mariota, etc was out of the question considering the team is looking at new ownership and still licking its wounds after Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, etc ... not an option

No QB coming out this year has shown to be anything more than Lock could have provided at this point ... Taking Willis or Corral or Pickett at 9 would have been a bad risk

So what, we trade down into the lower part of the first round for a QB because none of the QBs available are worth a Top 10 pick ?? .. How do you sell that to the fans ?? ... "We're going into the season with a guy we don't think is worth a top pick" .... not an option

So we have a choice between Wilson or Drew Lock .. with a team that is up for sale ..

I love Drew Lock, but this was a no brainer
Great posts, Lucas. Right on the money.

I’m curious what the cap looks like now. Two years left on Wilson’s current deal?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your answer to this wasn't yes then you need to go play in the sandbox. ;)

The question was

So if you didn't answer "yes", it means you think Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Rypien or some non QB on our roster is a better QB then Russell Wilson.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos a better team before or after the trade:

- prior to the trade, the Denver Broncos had gone 6 seasons without a playoff birth .. 2005-2010 was the end of the Shanahan era and the hellish Josh McDaniels era which saw the Broncos miss the playoffs, but before that, you'd have to go back to the 1970s for when the Broncos missed back-to-back playoff appearances -- this latest drought was six years - the worst in my lifetime ..

For fans of the Denver Broncos, missing the playoffs six years in a row, and losing 13 straight games to the hated Chiefs, it does not get any worse

How could we not be considered "better" when what the Broncos had become were the worst Bronco team in history ?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your answer to this wasn't yes then you need to go play in the sandbox. ;)

The question was

So if you didn't answer "yes", it means you think Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Rypien or some non QB on our roster is a better QB then Russell Wilson.
Did u happen to notice all the options were “yes”?