• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to be a downer, but our playoff schedule is brutal

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

We can still play all 3 - GB, CAR, and Seattle. It's not one or the other.

And people are crazy if they think Philly is a tougher match up for us than Carolina.

I think he was talking about the first 2 rounds IE 4v5, 2v5 over 3v6, 1v6

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing to do is not worry about and take it one game at a time as they come

If you are a player.

But as a fan I'm already lifting the trophy over my head as confetti falls.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

We can still play all 3 - GB, CAR, and Seattle. It's not one or the other.

And people are crazy if they think Philly is a tougher match up for us than Carolina.

It's probably the 7 TD game effect. I don't think people realize how strong Carolina is. They had a slow start and went overlooked, but based on the games we played this season I felt only Seahawks were a tougher match up.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen this mentioned, but the 49er D may have to face two physical RBs in row, Eddie Lacy and Marshawn Lynch. I'd rather have them face the William/Tolbert/Stewart/newton platoon than Lynch.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather face the Eagle's defense than the Panthers. Granted the Niner's Oline is better than the Falcons, but they are disruptive. I think the Niner's defense could create pressure on Foles. Gore/Hunter should be able to run on the Eagles, but not likely against the Panthers.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carolina and seattle are basically the only teams that can match up with us physically. whoever comes out of the nfc might have nothing left for the super bowl.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB has no D and it is even worse without Clay.

We almost beat Carolina with Davis out of the game and no Crabtree. There is no doubt in my mind we win that rematch.

Seattle is the only team that concerns me. Especially since we play there if we make it that far.

This team wouldn't lose the Super Bowl again. Our D can handle Peyton.

I'm with Ray on this one, well, kinda.

Of the four teams with a bye week, I suspect Carolina is the most likely to get eliminated (not saying they will be out, but there's a chance) after the Divisional round.

With that said, the one thing that worries me is that the 49ers rank 28th in total offense. Granted, Crabtree was out for most of the season, but the 49ers exemplified some of their strange habits in the Zona game where they looked great in the first quarter, then started to stall for much of the next 3 quarters. I know a lot of us have been ripping Roman, but I sure hope GR has some plays in his back pocket that can help open up this offense to some extent. Remember, it's going to be frigid, but fortunately Kaep has two wideouts in Crabby and Boldin who have terrific hands.

Outside of that, the pass rush needs to figure out what they want to do with Rodgers. The Bears barely did anything to disrupt AR12, and to be quite frank, he has one of the quickest releases for a QB in the NFL. With Rogers and Wright being both out (likely) for Sunday's game, I expect the Niners to spend some time in Zone defense (which I loathe). However, they are going to have to use some of that team speed to get AR12 to fumble around back there.

P.S. I don't know how many of you watched the Stanford-Michigan State game, but man, some of the playcalling by Stanford was awkward. They really haven't changed a whole lot since Harbs left and are essentially the same team with the same philosophy with the exception of Hogan obviously being not as talented as Luck. With that said, I really hope the 49ers don't make that obvious and too predictable the way Stanford sold out to MSU.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm with Ray on this one, well, kinda.

Of the four teams with a bye week, I suspect Carolina is the most likely to get eliminated (not saying they will be out, but there's a chance) after the Divisional round.

With that said, the one thing that worries me is that the 49ers rank 28th in total offense. Granted, Crabtree was out for most of the season, but the 49ers exemplified some of their strange habits in the Zona game where they looked great in the first quarter, then started to stall for much of the next 3 quarters. I know a lot of us have been ripping Roman, but I sure hope GR has some plays in his back pocket that can help open up this offense to some extent. Remember, it's going to be frigid, but fortunately Kaep has two wideouts in Crabby and Boldin who have terrific hands.

Outside of that, the pass rush needs to figure out what they want to do with Rodgers. The Bears barely did anything to disrupt AR12, and to be quite frank, he has one of the quickest releases for a QB in the NFL. With Rogers and Wright being both out (likely) for Sunday's game, I expect the Niners to spend some time in Zone defense (which I loathe). However, they are going to have to use some of that team speed to get AR12 to fumble around back there.

P.S. I don't know how many of you watched the Stanford-Michigan State game, but man, some of the playcalling by Stanford was awkward. They really haven't changed a whole lot since Harbs left and are essentially the same team with the same philosophy with the exception of Hogan obviously being not as talented as Luck. With that said, I really hope the 49ers don't make that obvious and too predictable the way Stanford sold out to MSU.

I almost thought it was Greg Roman calling plays for Stanford. I understand that has been Stanford's philosophy for awhile, but some of that playcalling was absolutely atrocious.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well aren't u just a party pooper

@green bay
@carolina
vs new orleans
vs denver

doesn't look so bad

:lol: This is what I was thinking, lets just hope N.O wins :yahoo:

For the record, the only matchup I don't like is @ Seattle. We can beat everyone else in the NFC.

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for "WATCH OUT FOR THE EAGLES!!!!"

Way to go, Philly. Only you could lose a home playoff game to New Orleans. Good job.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: This is what I was thinking, lets just hope N.O wins :yahoo:

For the record, the only matchup I don't like is @ Seattle. We can beat everyone else in the NFC.

panthers aren't gonna be a pushover, they're physical just like us and seattle. gonna be tough for any team coming out of the nfc.