• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to be a downer, but our playoff schedule is brutal

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely brutal but the Ravens were probably saying the same thing last year about their schedule(Colts, Broncos, Pats, and us)

Really I think the schedule and teams needed to beat is always going to look extremely tough when you are a wildcard playoff team.

It's going to be a long shot for us but we just need to worry about the game in front of us. Anything can happen and other teams could be upset. It damn near happens every year.

And also, the last couple of years we had things work out pretty well for us in the playoffs(Giants beating the Packers, Falcons beating the Seahawks, Ravens going to the Superbowl) and really dont have anything to show for it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green Bay hated to see the Niners win, they are probably the only team they didn't want to play in the wild-card round.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and, quite honestly, I have a hard time seeing us winning it all this year. A likely scenario for us:

@ Green Bay
@ Carolina
@ Seattle
vs. Denver

We're already on a 6-game winning streak, and it's going to be TOUGH to maintain that through 9 games against these teams. Factor in the amount of miles we're going to have to travel, and then, if we get through the first two games, we'd have to go up and play IN Seattle, where we've gotten trounced the last couple of times? Yhea, brutal road for us.

And then, IF we manage to get through these 3 teams, we might have to play Peyton Manning and greatest scoring offense of all time in the SB?

Such shitty luck. The good news is, though, IF we do win the SB it will be rightfully earned. I have hard time imagining a tougher road a SB winner had to take.

Best thing to do is not worry about and take it one game at a time as they come

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When IS a playoff schedule easy exactly?

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make it to the Super Bowl against Denver we got it made in the Shade Payton is the Arod of Football Regular Season Stud Postseason Dud....

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely brutal but the Ravens were probably saying the same thing last year about their schedule(Colts, Broncos, Pats, and us)

Really I think the schedule and teams needed to beat is always going to look extremely tough when you are a wildcard playoff team.

It's going to be a long shot for us but we just need to worry about the game in front of us. Anything can happen and other teams could be upset. It damn near happens every year.

And also, the last couple of years we had things work out pretty well for us in the playoffs(Giants beating the Packers, Falcons beating the Seahawks, Ravens going to the Superbowl) and really dont have anything to show for it.

I don't think the Colts last year are as good as the Packers this year, and we're talking about a rookie Andrew Luck vs. Aaron Rodgers. Also, the vs. the Colts was a home game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When IS a playoff schedule easy exactly?

It's never easy, but it does vary in degrees of difficulty. Which road is easier, the NFC or AFC? I'd say the AFC by quite a large margin.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The miles traveled will be ridiculous. If the saints can beat the eagles and we beat GB, then we have to face the panthers. If that's what happens, maybe we should just go to Youngstown in between.

I wonder if this is in the plans at all. I think it would be beneficial since we play on Sunday and would know where we are going if we win. Also would be fitting since we didn't have a Youngstown trip this year.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never easy, but it does vary in degrees of difficulty. Which road is easier, the NFC or AFC? I'd say the AFC by quite a large margin.

No doubt, but we have had the easier road the past couple years and came up short.

This team is very battle tested and I believe this is one strong and hungry team that is a force to reckon with.

You bet your ass after losing the NFC champ and Super Bowl that this team with many of the older veterans like smith, gore, Willis and Davis want it bad! We will bring it!

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Philly isn't the type of offense that gives this team problems. We feast on finesse offenses.

Yeah I think we'd physically crush the Eagles. Although it would be fun to watch Oregon (philly) and Stanford (49ers) go at it again.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the silver lining is that Kaepernick continues to get more and more game experience. He's been playing much better lately and an extra game on the road may help his chemistry with his now healthy receivers. Were we to go into Seattle I think the defense would do ok, but the offense would worry me, so extra experience for Kaepernick would be a plus.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm I would rather play GB and CAR then Philly and Seattle

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the Colts last year are as good as the Packers this year, and we're talking about a rookie Andrew Luck vs. Aaron Rodgers. Also, the vs. the Colts was a home game.

Yeah, I think the Packers are more dangerous and a little better of a team then the Colts were. The Patriots though last year I think are tougher to play in the playoffs at their place than the Panthers would be for us. And the Broncos or Seattle is probably a toss up. So overall, its pretty darn close though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and, quite honestly, I have a hard time seeing us winning it all this year. A likely scenario for us:

@ Green Bay
@ Carolina
@ Seattle
vs. Denver

We're already on a 6-game winning streak, and it's going to be TOUGH to maintain that through 9 games against these teams. Factor in the amount of miles we're going to have to travel, and then, if we get through the first two games, we'd have to go up and play IN Seattle, where we've gotten trounced the last couple of times? Yhea, brutal road for us.

And then, IF we manage to get through these 3 teams, we might have to play Peyton Manning and greatest scoring offense of all time in the SB?

Such shitty luck. The good news is, though, IF we do win the SB it will be rightfully earned. I have hard time imagining a tougher road a SB winner had to take.

Our road is tough but that's the map thats laid out for us.... We'll need to start another streak.. playoffs is here, regular season is over and done.

that 07/12 Giants were able to get it done
That Rodgers Packers team got it done...

We'll have ours, luck will be needed and seems to favor the winner... we'll get ours

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya'll are seriously overrating philly....

Minny put NCAA Bball score on them lol...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

@ Green Bay
@ Carolina
@ Seattle
vs. Denver

it is back to the 'ol saying.........."one game at a time".

why get down before the first game even kicks off? we're supposed to be highly elated to be in the play-offs, imagine if we didn't get in?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm I would rather play GB and CAR then Philly and Seattle

???

We can still play all 3 - GB, CAR, and Seattle. It's not one or the other.

And people are crazy if they think Philly is a tougher match up for us than Carolina.