• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Guess The LA Chargers Didn't Grease His Palm?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RAIDERS would rule LA if they move there.. And it wouldn't even be close..

Really now? You mean like the last time they moved to LA and their city reign lasted what? All of 10 - 12 years till they moved the fuck back out.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? No chance that happens. The NFL gave him the option as a guarantee. He's either a tenant in someone else's palace or he'll get his own stadium in San Diego. Win win for Dean. Nobody is suggesting that he stay in SD without a guarantee of a new stadium.
Good luck with that....the sooner you come to terms with an inevitable move to LA the better off you'll be. The Chargers are on their way to becoming the clippers of the NFL.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd welcome any team to come here, but I love the idea of a great rivalry to the south," Garcetti said Wednesday.

The tool doesn't even know they play in different conferences.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really now? You mean like the last time they moved to LA and their city reign lasted what? All of 10 - 12 years till they moved the fuck back out.
You heard what i said man.. And both teams moved, not just the RAIDERS..
LA is about winning, Star players, fashion, and being seen.. The RAIDERS have the best colors and logo in the game, as well as star players, in Carr, Mack, Amari Cooper, and have a SB there.. Again the RAIDERS would rule LA..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is about winning, Star players, fashion, and being seen.. The RAIDERS have the best colors and logo in the game, as well as star players, in Carr, Mack, Amari Cooper, and have a SB there.. Again the RAIDERS would rule LA..
But hopefully we stay in Oakland.. Oakland still has a chance..

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water issue? How does that relate? Regardless El Niño is doing a fine job of ending the drought.

more teams, larger stadiums, need to take more water...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing I "heard" was the one post I quoted of yours and it was imo, factually inaccurate. They had the same ass colors and logo the first time they were here. And Mack, Cooper and Carr certainly have potential,but I wouldn't quite call them stars just yet. The Raiders team that was here before though had some stars. Marcus Allen, Plunkett, Howie Long and characters like Alzado, the Mad Stork, as well as arguably the biggest sports star of that era in Bo Jackson. And unlike this current version of the Raiders who ain't won shit...ever...at all. That last Raiders team that was here won a grip including the SB their 2nd season in LA. None of that kept them in LA. though Now they'll get a new stadium if they move back so they probably won't leave again, but if they don't win, they won't be shit. And if they do start winning wehn they get here. The only way they'll "rule" will be if all the other sports teams aren't winning. And when the other LA teams minus the Rams were sucking swollen blue whale nuts and not winning including the Kings. They didn't have to hightail it outta LA like the Raiders poopbutt asses did.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I "heard" was the one post I quoted of yours and it was imo, factually inaccurate. They had the same ass colors and logo the first time they were here. And Mack, Cooper and Carr certainly have potential,but I wouldn't quite call them stars just yet. The Raiders team that was here before though had some stars. Marcus Allen, Plunkett, Howie Long and characters like Alzado, the Mad Stork, as well as arguably the biggest sports star of that era in Bo Jackson. And unlike this current version of the Raiders who ain't won shit...ever...at all. That last Raiders team that was here won a grip including the SB their 2nd season in LA. None of that kept them in LA. though Now they'll get a new stadium if they move back so they probably won't leave again, but if they don't win, they won't be shit. And if they do start winning wehn they get here. The only way they'll "rule" will be if all the other sports teams aren't winning. And when the other LA teams minus the Rams were sucking swollen blue whale nuts and not winning including the Kings. They didn't have to hightail it outta LA like the Raiders poopbutt asses did.
Star they are, but not yet superstars.. And Mack i would say is a superstar, as he made NFL history as the first player to make ALL PRO at 2 spots DE\LB if that's not a superstar i don't know what is.. And i get that we were there back in the day, and left as did the Rams.. But this is the internet age, and its a new ball game.. The NFL is big, and LA is swarming with RAIDER fans.. But again dude, you better WIN in LA!! It is what it is..
The Rams better get a QB, and get him real fast!! Or they won't WIN and LA won't like that.. Maybe they get Manning after the Broncos cut him this offseason..

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star they are, but not yet superstars.. And Mack i would say is a superstar, as he made NFL history as the first player to make ALL PRO at 2 spots DE\LB if that's not a superstar i don't know what is.. And i get that we were there back in the day, and left as did the Rams.. But this is the internet age, and its a new ball game.. The NFL is big, and LA is swarming with RAIDER fans.. But again dude, you better WIN in LA!! It is what it is..
The Rams better get a QB, and get him real fast!! Or they won't WIN and LA won't like that.. Maybe they get Manning after the Broncos cut him this offseason..

Yeah, I have no problem with the Raiders moving to LA though I think they should stay up north personally. I almost listed Mack as being a star already, but wasn't sure. Your breakdown confirms it though.

Yeah, the Rams need a QB and to get rid of Fisher's ass. Its astonishing to me that he still has an NFL HC gig and lots of supporters including some within the Rams organization I guess.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no problem with the Raiders moving to LA though I think they should stay up north personally. I almost listed Mack as being a star already, but wasn't sure. Your breakdown confirms it though.

Yeah, the Rams need a QB and to get rid of Fisher's ass. Its astonishing to me that he still has an NFL HC gig and lots of supporters including some within the Rams organization I guess.
In all truth dude, i don't want the RAIDERS to leave Oakland for NO City.. But the City of Oakland is playing games right now, and Mark Davis is playing them back.. Let's see who cracks first..

And yeah, i don't get how Fisher still has a job with the Rams.. It's like that Owner they have don't want to win, but just make money in LA.. I don't know man, cuz i really don't follow the Rams.. I do know they need a QB, at the very least draft one in the first and let him sit for a year if need be, to show LA hey we want to WIN..

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that....the sooner you come to terms with an inevitable move to LA the better off you'll be. The Chargers are on their way to becoming the clippers of the NFL.
All posturing right now. Spanos is smart to work a final deal in LA first, so he knows exactly what he has. Chargers will likely be in SD for 2016, but it certainly could be the last year. Once a deal is finalized in LA it won't be triggered immediately. Spanos will come back to SD and see what he can get here. Unfortunately for us Charger fans it will be another year of wondering.

And you're right, the Chargers would become the Clippers of the NFL. Even worse. Spanos knows that. He's also very nervous about the Raiders coming to SD. He's not about to be 2nd tier in LA and watch the hated Raiders take over his fanbase. That'd be the death nail. It's also been reported that his two sons, who will take over the team next, prefer to stay in San Diego.

Bottom line is nothing will be known until the end of the 2016 season.

Report: Rams, Chargers at impasse over L.A. move

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the.miraculousy work out a deal in sd......is there enough land around the murph to do what NY did and build new stadium next to old and then demolish the old?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd said it best. There's a reason football hasn't come to LA in over 20 years. A football game is like the 13th best thing to do in LA and the 5th best on a Sunday...after the initial glow of the new toy, I don't think LA will be able to successfully sustain it. There is a reason why both the Rams and Raiders left the 2nd biggest media market in the country the first time around.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the.miraculousy work out a deal in sd......is there enough land around the murph to do what NY did and build new stadium next to old and then demolish the old?
Yes, based on the latest plan. But the team will most likely push for a downtown stadium first. The city and most fans prefer the current sight.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the Raiders rule LA now, as far as football. If we are talking all sports, then it's the Lakers. Btw, they left LA not for fan support, but for not getting a new stadium. They have that now.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because various experts and analysts have indicated that a second team would be too much saturation and not necessarily good for the area. Think about it: Los Angeles already has one football team, a hockey team, two baseball teams and two basketball teams not accounting the arena football. There is a good chance that the Chargers would be playing second fiddle to the Rams like the Clippers.

This.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for football to be back in Los Angeles.