• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't understand all the love for the Rams this week...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they play Seattle tough most of the time. But seriously, outside of the d line, what do they have going for them? A green o line? A weak secondary? A 3rd string RB? A brand new QB, who was a bit overrated at his last stop?

I do see a close game until the 4th, then the Hawks pull away. But that has more to do with how the Hawks play every game than how good the Rams are.

And forget about any STs TDs, it ain't gonna happen.

Not trying to throw shade on the Rams, they may surprise me. But many people talk like it's a foregone conclusion that the Hawks are going to have their hands full. When I just see a team with a lot of question marks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wants to look smart. Predicting a Rams win over the team many consider the most talented in football makes you look brilliant if they win but if they don't you can shrug and walk away.

The people putting actual money on it, aren't nearly as confident as the Hawks are currently a 4 point road favorite after opening as a 3 point favorite.

Dwelling on our OL has become a cottage industry. What people don't seem to get is that our OL was pretty bad last year as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people putting actual money on it, aren't nearly as confident as the Hawks are currently a 4 point road favorite after opening as a 3 point favorite.
Ive seen the Rams at a 4.5 underdog as the odds pretty consistently. The public is generally trending towards Seattle. This isnt surprising because the Rams showed literally nothing in the preseason so their is little to no hype at all right now despite some real advantages on paper.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the OP.

Rams are gonna get boat-raced.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea why anyone likes the Rams at all for the whole season. Maybe by week 5-6 we get better? Call me Debbie downer, but our Oline is very young and with no Tre Mason or Gurley it might be tough for us to run the ball against the Seawaks.

I think the X factor is Jimmy G and he's gonna get 10-15 targets.

But if you have no Kam and Earl, then things could be more interesting.

Rams are +4 now at home so Vegas isn't buying the hype.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen the Rams at a 4.5 underdog as the odds pretty consistently. The public is generally trending towards Seattle. This isnt surprising because the Rams showed literally nothing in the preseason so their is little to no hype at all right now despite some real advantages on paper.

I think the Rams could be a playoff team but they have a lot of moving parts that need to come together.

I'm glad we are playing the Rams earlier rather than later.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams could be a playoff team but they have a lot of moving parts that need to come together.
Its actually pretty simple this year. Its all about the oline. I have no idea how you can have as many resources as the Rams have had and not have more than 1 good player with experience starting on your oline. Its inexcusable at the college level. Its unfathomable at the NFL level.

The had one of the worst C situations last year and never addressed it. Center really isnt that hard of a position to address. They cut Barrett Jones and they are back with Tim Barnes who is a mediocre backup type player. Saffold is the only experienced vet on the line and he has spent about 1/3 of his career banged up.

I'm not worried about Foles, the receivers or the RB situation. That has nowhere to go but up. The defense should also be really good. But if the oline turns out to be a mess this year then Snead has to go.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have a ferocious DL and Ogletree could become a star but there are question marks in the secondary.

WR remains to be seen. But the question really is what can they do with someone can can get the ball to them.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Pete's tenure Seattle has played something approaching well once in 5 tries in St. Louis. I don't believe this game is a surefire loss or anything but I would be shocked if it's anything but a close loss or ugly win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National narrative is:
Terrible offensive line.
Graham not appearing to be in sync with Wilson.
Trouble moving the ball in preseason.
Kam missing from the lineup, and Earl hasn't seen live hitting since the SB as well as a new (well veteran, but new to us) corner on the left side.
Lynch getting older.
A lot of the media doesn't believe in Wilson as anything more than a 'game manager'.

Easy to pick on pretty much every team. No team is without their weaknesses this time of year, but many of them are blown out of proportion.

The line has been bad for years and yet they have been to two straight SB's.
They weren't going to show Graham much in preseason. Why would they?
Don't believe the entire starting 11 were ever on the field at the same time and if they were it wasn't for more than a play or two.
Kam being gone and earl being dinged up are concerns, but even 80% of Thomas is better than 110% of most other FS's in the league. They have depth and options at CB if they have issues.
Lynch is always going to be said to be getting older. Until he isn't dangerous anymore he is still dangerous.

Add the x-factor of Tyler Lockett and the potential for what Bevell can do with Graham now and there are lots of reasons to be taking the Hawks to win outright and cover comfortably.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the X factor is Jimmy G and he's gonna get 10-15 targets.
Can't the Rams just throw Ogletree or Ayers on him? Maybe even Barron?

If the Rams can't cover him then the rest of the league is screwed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't the Rams just throw Ogletree or Ayers on him? Maybe even Barron?

If the Rams can't cover him then the rest of the league is screwed.

I think we need to lay him out early in Q1. We also need a pick 6 or defensive TD early to get this team rolling.

New England had 3 rookies on the Oline last night playing. And undrafted Center from Georgia.. So it gives me a bit of hope. Just a wee bit :kermit:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have O lines that are going to have the defenses looking like lions stalking prey. The question is which QB is going to handle the issues up front better and which team can still muster up enough of a running game to keep the defense somewhat honest?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National narrative is:
Terrible offensive line.
Graham not appearing to be in sync with Wilson.
Trouble moving the ball in preseason.
Kam missing from the lineup, and Earl hasn't seen live hitting since the SB as well as a new (well veteran, but new to us) corner on the left side.
Lynch getting older.
A lot of the media doesn't believe in Wilson as anything more than a 'game manager'.

Easy to pick on pretty much every team. No team is without their weaknesses this time of year, but many of them are blown out of proportion.

The line has been bad for years and yet they have been to two straight SB's.
They weren't going to show Graham much in preseason. Why would they?
Don't believe the entire starting 11 were ever on the field at the same time and if they were it wasn't for more than a play or two.
Kam being gone and earl being dinged up are concerns, but even 80% of Thomas is better than 110% of most other FS's in the league. They have depth and options at CB if they have issues.
Lynch is always going to be said to be getting older. Until he isn't dangerous anymore he is still dangerous.

Add the x-factor of Tyler Lockett and the potential for what Bevell can do with Graham now and there are lots of reasons to be taking the Hawks to win outright and cover comfortably.

You also left out Frank Clark, if he's able to keep it going during the regular season I could easily see him becoming ROOKIE of YEAR.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is going to be a great test for us, on the road in St. Louis for a seasons opener! O-line is going to get a huge working over by the Rams d-line, they need this. Just want a win here, no matter how cobbled together! #GoHawks

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have oline issues, but Seattle has a couple stalwarts in Okung and Sweezy, and I think that Gilliam is the best pass blocking RT that we've had in years. And though not looking amazing, they have made some strides as the preseason went on.

I'll admit I haven't watched the Rams this year, but they have 4 new starters, and the only returning guy, just missed most of training camp.

27-10 Hawks

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking an ugly game with sacks, penalties and both defenses getting penetration up the middle.

I think it comes down to which QB plays better

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to lay him out early in Q1. We also need a pick 6 or defensive TD early to get this team rolling.

New England had 3 rookies on the Oline last night playing. And undrafted Center from Georgia.. So it gives me a bit of hope. Just a wee bit :kermit:

Yep, we need this on Graham.

emmanuel-sanders-gets-hit-hard-by-st-louis-defender-b.gif

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they play Seattle tough most of the time. But seriously, outside of the d line, what do they have going for them? A green o line? A weak secondary? A 3rd string RB? A brand new QB, who was a bit overrated at his last stop?

I do see a close game until the 4th, then the Hawks pull away. But that has more to do with how the Hawks play every game than how good the Rams are.

And forget about any STs TDs, it ain't gonna happen.

Not trying to throw shade on the Rams, they may surprise me. But many people talk like it's a foregone conclusion that the Hawks are going to have their hands full. When I just see a team with a lot of question marks.

How is Foles overrated?

The guy comes out and plays lights out for Phillly. In 2013 he had 20 something TD's and 1 int.
Then last year happens. The second Foles started playing like Mark Sanchez ..he was gone. And then what does Philly do ...they make Mark Sanchez the QB. Mr 50% Int vs TD's

There may be some hype for Foles now because there are some like myself who feel the plug got pulled on Foles waaay too early.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Foles overrated?

The guy comes out and plays lights out for Phillly. In 2013 he had 20 something TD's and 1 int.
Then last year happens. The second Foles started playing like Mark Sanchez ..he was gone. And then what does Philly do ...they make Mark Sanchez the QB. Mr 50% Int vs TD's

There may be some hype for Foles now because there are some like myself who feel the plug got pulled on Foles waaay too early.

Didn't Foles break his collar bone and was IRed the rest of the season?