• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't really understand why so much hype is on who is being classless.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch won't run for 150, it will be 162

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But thanks to the arrogance shown by the Seahawk fans (From saying Lynch is going to rush for 150, to backing up Sherman and his comments), I'm pulling for Denver now. You guys simply don't have enough class to hold the Lombardi.

NOBODY wants YOU cheering for the Seahawks. Literally NOBODY.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Against what will likely be 8 mans fronts until Wilson gets them to back off.

:rollseyes:

Against a defense that couldn't sniff San Frans jock who loaded the box? I'd say that is more likely to predict than an 8 man front of Denver will "shut down Lynch"

I don't think Denver will "shut down" Lynch just as much as I don't think Seattle will turn Manning into Drew Brees either.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against a defense that couldn't sniff San Frans jock who loaded the box? .

eh, can't say i agree with this at all. denver's run defense is just as good as san fran's, if not better. you are underestimating them.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, can't say i agree with this at all. denver's run defense is just as good as san fran's, if not better. you are underestimating them.

I don't think anybody is underestimating them, but statistically they are not as good as San Fran.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is underestimating them, but statistically they are not as good as San Fran.

i'm not sure what stats we're talking about particularly. The broncos gave up more yards on the ground this season but teams ran the ball against them a lot more (primarily trying to slow the game down and keep peyton off the field).

in my opinion, watching both of those defenses this year that the broncos are just as capable of containing a running game as san fran.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you do me a favor and pull your head out of your ass?

Thank you.

Again, you translate any criticism of Seattle into 'hatred' for them. I don't hate Seattle. I'm just not crazy about their arrogant fan base that can't stand logical thought or discourse.

I presented about as BALANCED an approach to how I see the game unfolding as I could and how do you take it? As if I'm anointing the Broncos as the champions already. Your view is biased.

Lynch will NOT rush for 150 yards. Period. It wont happen.

Interesting that you criticize me for 'not allowing Seattle fans to think the way they want to' but then do the same, calling me 'elitist'.

Hypocrite.

This is going to be a good game. Either could win.

I started this week not really pulling for anyone.

But thanks to the arrogance shown by the Seahawk fans (From saying Lynch is going to rush for 150, to backing up Sherman and his comments), I'm pulling for Denver now. You guys simply don't have enough class to hold the Lombardi.

1) You don't know that Lynch won't top 150y. You can't know this. You can strongly feel it won't happen, but you cannot know this so stop trying to overemphasize it.

2) You do hate Seattle. Not only are you sharing your opinions, but you have been following around every Seattle poster for quite some time telling them every step of the way why they are always wrong. You have even created threads simply to tell them they don't matter until they have a ring. That is elitist and full of judgmental hate and everyone on this board sees it for what it is. You can deny it, but your words betray your assertions. Sorry, I'm just keeping it real.

3) For you to call anyone else arrogant when your whole premise for talking to them in the first place is that their opinions don't matter until after the team they root for wins a SB is laughable. You support a team with a rapist as their QB and talk to us about morality. And then call anyone else a hypocrite? You are so full of fail I'd have to spend a full page just breaking it down.

There are lots of opinions on how this game might go down. From the media to former players to fans of all experience levels and they don't all agree. Hell, even if they did it doesn't mean that is exactly what is going to happen. Your views are no more prophetic than any of ours.

You created post after post before Seattle played the Saints telling us we were disrespecting a HOF QB if any of our fans dared to think they might have the same result as a month earlier. I mean clearly he and his offense are so much better than Seattle's so they were going to win right? Then it was the audacity of Seattle fans thinking they might continue the streak of embarrassing Kaepernick at the Clink because their offense was so much more potent than ours and their defense every bit as good. Now it is maybe the GOAT QB and how he is going to dismantle our team so our fans are being delusional for even thinking they have a chance at winning. What do all of those have in common? You are not simply sharing an opinion. You are flat out stalking every Seattle fan that has any sort of extreme view and making it YOUR job to put them in their place. That's not simply sharing an opinion, that's dumping your hate every chance you get. At least own it if you are going to be like that. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from Richard Sherman.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOBODY wants YOU cheering for the Seahawks. Literally NOBODY.

I know right. Angel judges us and tells us we don't deserve to ever hold the lombardi because we are classless and then tells someone else they are arrogant. There are no words that can accurately describe just how fucked up that is. I have met some cocky and arrogant people online before. That's nothing new, but the level of elitist arrogance by this poster is astounding.

Besides, angel rooted against us all the way to this point so there wasn't any risk they were going to root for us now any way. Only teams that have at some point in time in history already won it all deserve any type of respect or voice. If your team hasn't won one you shouldn't even be allowed to have an internet account.

Just amazing. :L

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually...statistically they are just as good as both SF and Seattle. All of them allowed 3.9 ypc.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the level of elitist arrogance by this poster is astounding.

Yeah, he/she is the most arrogant poster I've ever met. He/She rivals Richard Sherman for arrogance, probably exceeds. Just as 'classless' too.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he/she is the most arrogant poster I've ever met. He/She rivals Richard Sherman for arrogance, probably exceeds. Just as 'classless' too.

I'm assuming it's a woman because I dumped bitches just like that in high school.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because at 8 oclock, men are still sober. It might be a shut in with nothing to do but post on boards. But the hate for anything Seattle is a major issue with this person.
I will rub in Pittsburgh's issues, those fans have no right to judge anyone after giving ben a standing O. I respect the organization and the Rooney's because they have had a lot of success over the years. But their fans are not the kind of people I like to surround myself with.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because at 8 oclock, men are still sober. It might be a shut in with nothing to do but post on boards. But the hate for anything Seattle is a major issue with this person.
I will rub in Pittsburgh's issues, those fans have no right to judge anyone after giving ben a standing O. I respect the organization and the Rooney's because they have had a lot of success over the years. But their fans are not the kind of people I like to surround myself with.

:agree:

And I know I've seen their fans do worse things than dump popcorn on a player leaving the field and yet the moral outrage over one of our fans and translating that into meaning all of our fans are classless really makes you wonder how they can call anyone else a hypocrite.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure what stats we're talking about particularly. The broncos gave up more yards on the ground this season but teams ran the ball against them a lot more (primarily trying to slow the game down and keep peyton off the field).

in my opinion, watching both of those defenses this year that the broncos are just as capable of containing a running game as san fran.

good point.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You don't know that Lynch won't top 150y. You can't know this. You can strongly feel it won't happen, but you cannot know this so stop trying to overemphasize it.

2) You do hate Seattle. Not only are you sharing your opinions, but you have been following around every Seattle poster for quite some time telling them every step of the way why they are always wrong. You have even created threads simply to tell them they don't matter until they have a ring. That is elitist and full of judgmental hate and everyone on this board sees it for what it is. You can deny it, but your words betray your assertions. Sorry, I'm just keeping it real.

3) For you to call anyone else arrogant when your whole premise for talking to them in the first place is that their opinions don't matter until after the team they root for wins a SB is laughable. You support a team with a rapist as their QB and talk to us about morality. And then call anyone else a hypocrite? You are so full of fail I'd have to spend a full page just breaking it down.

There are lots of opinions on how this game might go down. From the media to former players to fans of all experience levels and they don't all agree. Hell, even if they did it doesn't mean that is exactly what is going to happen. Your views are no more prophetic than any of ours.

You created post after post before Seattle played the Saints telling us we were disrespecting a HOF QB if any of our fans dared to think they might have the same result as a month earlier. I mean clearly he and his offense are so much better than Seattle's so they were going to win right? Then it was the audacity of Seattle fans thinking they might continue the streak of embarrassing Kaepernick at the Clink because their offense was so much more potent than ours and their defense every bit as good. Now it is maybe the GOAT QB and how he is going to dismantle our team so our fans are being delusional for even thinking they have a chance at winning. What do all of those have in common? You are not simply sharing an opinion. You are flat out stalking every Seattle fan that has any sort of extreme view and making it YOUR job to put them in their place. That's not simply sharing an opinion, that's dumping your hate every chance you get. At least own it if you are going to be like that. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from Richard Sherman.

To the first bold:

1) I have not been following every Seattle poster on this board around. That's just silly. How many Seattle posters are there on SportsHoopla? And you said I've followed ALL of them around? Wrong.

2) What you've done this year doesn't mean shit. Now THAT'S keeping it real. If you lose this SB, will you celebrate? Of course not. You've been here before. I promise you that if you asked him, even Manning would tell you that he hasn't accomplished shit yet. He's set all kinds of records, blah, blah, blah - none of it means a thing if he don't win that ring. You have ZERO right to brag because you haven't done shit yet. It's that simple. You don't know this because your franchise has never won a SB before. Look at the difference between how Seattle fans are behaving (trash talking bullshit) and how Denver fans are behaving (class). They've been here before and know how to act.

To the second bold....I created MULTIPLE posts on that? Really? Again, you're blowing it out of proportion and over stating your case.

If the Seattle fans with whom I've had contact on this board are a true sampling of the whole, yours is a cocky and arrogant base - and you haven't done shit yet. Sad.

You remind me a lot of Cowboys fans to be honest.

You believe that Vince Lombardi's techniques - including the man himself - could not make it in todays NFL. Like most young people you lack a sense of history - addtionally you seem to lack what winning football means. Men like Vince Lombardi, Curly Lambeau, George Halas, Paul Brown, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry and Bill Walsh could coach today's game - and coach circles around that coward you have as a HC. He got USC in trouble than ran off to let the kids deal with it.

You not only stick by the comments of your douche bag CB, but excuse them and blame Erin Andrews or say he was just doing it to give a spicy interview because people complain when athletes don't. Then you excuse THAT with saying that it's just the way the NFL is today. You ignore the fact that even he apologized for it. You seem to be confusing the NFL with the WWE. What he did was wrong. It was poor sportsmanship. It lacked class and dignity. He's supposed to be an educated man - when does he start behaving like it? What ticks me off about that is that it's people like you that found fault with morons like T.O. and Chad Johnson - but if Sherman does it, then it's all good.

And when one of your ilk makes an insane prediction that Lynch will rush for 150 yards, you back him up. Please....PLEASE be here after the game to answer for that. If he's right, I'll be here - if not, there's a whole bunch of Seattle fans that are going to get called out. You among them.

The word, 'class' escapes you. Winning, or losing, with dignity is something you just don't understand - and laugh at those that do, branding them as 'old guard'.

To be fair I've tried to be balanced about this, and I haven't predicted Manning to put up sky high numbers either. I think both teams are going to stuggle - but the fact that I'm saying Seattle will struggle is enough to get Seahawks fans mad. You want me to drink the green Kool aid like you are and I'm not going to. You're not going to dominate Denver - nor will Denver dominate you. But you wont see that statement as balanaced, you see it as an attack since I'm not blowing Lynch on the 50 yard line in 'the clink'.

And PS if you're going to get mad at me for arguing with Seattle fans - don't you have to get mad at them as well? Doesn't it take TWO people to have an argument?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the first bold:

1) I have not been following every Seattle poster on this board around. That's just silly. How many Seattle posters are there on SportsHoopla? And you said I've followed ALL of them around? Wrong.

Semantics. Maybe there is a poster or two that has escaped your arrogance, but not many.

2) What you've done this year doesn't mean shit. Now THAT'S keeping it real. If you lose this SB, will you celebrate? Of course not. You've been here before. I promise you that if you asked him, even Manning would tell you that he hasn't accomplished shit yet. He's set all kinds of records, blah, blah, blah - none of it means a thing if he don't win that ring. You have ZERO right to brag because you haven't done shit yet. It's that simple. You don't know this because your franchise has never won a SB before. Look at the difference between how Seattle fans are behaving (trash talking bullshit) and how Denver fans are behaving (class). They've been here before and know how to act.

Thank you for again proving your arrogance and your hatred of Seattle or of any other team without a SB win in their history. That is the definition of arrogance. Where have I bragged about anything? I'll wait for that quote, otherwise your are just blowing more shit out of your ass like usual. I love this continued elitist BS that says we are too fucking stupid to know anything about football until our team wins a ring. THEN we suddenly become smart. And you don't see your arrogance in this assertion do you? Really sad.

You believe that Vince Lombardi's techniques - including the man himself - could not make it in todays NFL. Like most young people you lack a sense of history - addtionally you seem to lack what winning football means. Men like Vince Lombardi, Curly Lambeau, George Halas, Paul Brown, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry and Bill Walsh could coach today's game - and coach circles around that coward you have as a HC. He got USC in trouble than ran off to let the kids deal with it.

Please show me where I said that. My only comment about Lombardi was when you said players should act like they did back then and I said this is a different era. The fans want something different today than they did back then. I said you are living in the past if you don't see it. I said NOTHING about his coaching or teachings. But of course you won't let facts get in your way will you? This isn't the first time you have put words in my mouth.

I do love how you make up shit about our HC and show more hate, but then turn around and deny you hate us. All this post says is blah blah Seattle fans are classless blah blah Seattle's coach is a coward blah blah more hate about Seattle. If you want to keep hating on us FUCKING OWN IT and stop denying it. It's clear as day.

You not only stick by the comments of your douche bag CB, but excuse them and blame Erin Andrews or say he was just doing it to give a spicy interview because people complain when athletes don't. Then you excuse THAT with saying that it's just the way the NFL is today. You ignore the fact that even he apologized for it. You seem to be confusing the NFL with the WWE. What he did was wrong. It was poor sportsmanship. It lacked class and dignity. He's supposed to be an educated man - when does he start behaving like it? What ticks me off about that is that it's people like you that found fault with morons like T.O. and Chad Johnson - but if Sherman does it, then it's all good.

Again, more mischaracterizations and flat out falsehoods. I have said many times I wish he hadn't said those things. Never did I say it was ok. All I said is look at the bigger picture and see why it became a bigger story than it should have been. I'd bet anything you never followed the link and heard Erin's own words. You sprew rhetoric without looking into the facts often.

And when one of your ilk makes an insane prediction that Lynch will rush for 150 yards, you back him up. Please....PLEASE be here after the game to answer for that. If he's right, I'll be here - if not, there's a whole bunch of Seattle fans that are going to get called out. You among them.

God forbid anyone should want to let everyone simply have their own beliefs and root for their own team how they see fit. More arrogant hate from you. I do love that you are now expecting me to be here after the game if Lynch doesn't reach 150 when I've never claimed he would. I simply said you can't know it won't happen and said what's wrong with letting fans believe what they want. YOU don't have the right to tell them how to think.

The word, 'class' escapes you. Winning, or losing, with dignity is something you just don't understand - and laugh at those that do, branding them as 'old guard'.

Again, where have I said that? More shit you create to make yourself feel better to deflect from your elitist BS you want to pass off as simply being an opinion.

To be fair I've tried to be balanced about this, and I haven't predicted Manning to put up sky high numbers either. I think both teams are going to stuggle - but the fact that I'm saying Seattle will struggle is enough to get Seahawks fans mad. You want me to drink the green Kool aid like you are and I'm not going to. You're not going to dominate Denver - nor will Denver dominate you. But you wont see that statement as balanaced, you see it as an attack since I'm not blowing Lynch on the 50 yard line in 'the clink'.

How is always picking against Seattle and ALWAYS telling others how they can think or feel being balanced? Oh, saying Seattle will lose, but not blown out is balanced I'm guessing. Where did I say how you should view this game? I've never asked for you to believe in Seattle, nor do I give a shit if you do. You are the one that tells others how to think, not me. Not only didn't I say we would dominate Denver, but I have said I think Denver will win. So this is just another sorry attempt to put words in my mouth. You are so fucking clueless it's funny.

And PS if you're going to get mad at me for arguing with Seattle fans - don't you have to get mad at them as well? Doesn't it take TWO people to have an argument?
I have told our fans when I disagree with them and they don't always like it. Do you tell your own fans when they are being extreme? Doubt it. You seem to save all of your hate for Seattle.
Now I'm sure you are going to type out another diatribe trying to put the lowly little fan of a team without a ring back in his place. I mean it's simply outrageous a fan of a team without a ring could ever question you or your views because yours has some right?

If you care to keep attacking me then at least be honest about your hate and arrogance and try typing out something I actually said instead of your twisted fantasy. And maybe try a little less sanctimonious lecturing. That might be a nice place to start.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm sure you are going to type out another diatribe trying to put the lowly little fan of a team without a ring back in his place. I mean it's simply outrageous a fan of a team without a ring could ever question you or your views because yours has some right?

If you care to keep attacking me then at least be honest about your hate and arrogance and try typing out something I actually said instead of your twisted fantasy. And maybe try a little less sanctimonious lecturing. That might be a nice place to start.

You're free to question me or my views all you wish - as I am free to question you and your views. Would you have it any other way?

I'm saying the same thing about both teams: That neither has really done anything so far.

Both fan bases know this to be true. If you lose the SB this year, did you really accomplish anything?

No.

So why is it that Denver fans aren't arguing while Seattle fans are?

Simple....Denver fans have 2 rings to fall back on. If they lose this SB, they've got a couple pillows to soften the landing.

Seattle fans argue because the truth is, this could be the best team they've ever fielded in the history of their franchise - and should they lose, it still wasn't good enough.

It's a pill to bitter for your fanbase to swallow so you say the response is a volitile one.

Just keepin' it real.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Class :laugh3: the only thing about class is the passive aggressive geek's on internet boards that have some weird personal emotional attachment to players that are in essence young men playing a high testosterone game that is violent.

Most of these NFL players would not give you the time of day because they are arrogant sob's that have had their ego pumped up since high school,ever been around a bunch of jocks? most are morons and a holes i know when i played sports in high school i could not wait to get away from them,same in College and i avoided frat party's where i knew groups of them would be.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're free to question me or my views all you wish - as I am free to question you and your views. Would you have it any other way?

I'm saying the same thing about both teams: That neither has really done anything so far.

Both fan bases know this to be true. If you lose the SB this year, did you really accomplish anything?

No.

So why is it that Denver fans aren't arguing while Seattle fans are?

Simple....Denver fans have 2 rings to fall back on. If they lose this SB, they've got a couple pillows to soften the landing.

Seattle fans argue because the truth is, this could be the best team they've ever fielded in the history of their franchise - and should they lose, it still wasn't good enough.

It's a pill to bitter for your fanbase to swallow so you say the response is a volitile one.

Just keepin' it real.

Um no... again

I realize you are fully and completely obsessed with the Lombardi trophy and you are well within your right to be obsessed with anything you like. Would our fans like to be world champions? Well of course. Does not winning it mean the whole season was a failure? NO. Of course it means you wouldn't respect them, but then you don't respect them now so that doesn't mean much does it? Having rings from the past to fall back on? Are you fucking high? If Denver loses this game their fans will be no less or more disappointed than ours would. You act as though having championships in the past has any bearing on the present and it doesn't unless the players were actually on that team at that last championship and then all it accounts for is their experience in that moment. That's it.

We have already faced this before. The 2001 Mariners tied the record for the most regular season wins in MLB history and yet lost in the first round of the playoffs. Many asked if the ride was for nothing then and while the ending may not have been fun, it didn't erase all of the energy and fun everyone had over that whole spring and summer. I'd trade that year from being in the cellar now for nearly a decade every fucking day of the week. You have zero perspective.

Everyone wants their team to win it all and only one does each year. To say everyone else is equal in not winning it is ludicrous. The Browns would swap out with the loser in a heart beat and so would their fans. Seattle is 15-3 this season and so is Denver. Both had a great ride getting here and both will play in the biggest spectacle in all of the worlds sports. Only one will lift the trophy, but the team that doesn't win still had a great ride and a great season despite your assertions otherwise. I'm not sure anyone should care what fans outside of their own team think about them after the season is over. SF was still the defending NFC champions all year and were the team to beat because of it. Ask their fans if they'd rather make it to the SB and lose or get beat by their rival and miss out on even going. They are not equal.

Do you even have a clue how elitist you sound?