• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't really understand why so much hype is on who is being classless.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the people that have a problem, go watch golf.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its simply a story the media can jump onto and spoon feed for 2 weeks to the casual nfl fan who doesnt understand or gets bored with game match up analysis.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much hype on this because most responsible adults appreciate when people get their emotions under control and handles things with class and respect.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when does Sherman do this?

And to midnight, no Lombardi would be a one contract then fired coach in today's game.

Umm, I just said I forgive him and don't hold what he did against him. Read on, brother.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter why they know your name. It only matters that they know who you are. Sherman is still on every sports program three days after the rant. I expect he will be on South Park soon.
Paris Hilton had to release a sex tape to get famous. Only then did she get on South Park.

Sherman is playing all of us. Everyone is talking about him. He is brilliant and has cultivated that bad boy image to a tee.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You're comfortable defending someone throwing food on a guy being carted off after having his leg folded in half? That's pretty... classless of you.

When did I defend anyone? I've said no one should throw things at anyone, but keep it in perspective. We have read about fans throwing everything from batteries to bottles and more down on the field. This ass clown threw fucking popcorn. He'd have done more damage violently waving feathers at him. It's fucking popcorn for the love of god and don't give me any of that sanctimonious BS about the principle of thing. The details matter.

I am simply saying if you don't want fans throwing things at you then you might not want to be a total dick to them first. If you want to attack fans and tear up their signs then you probably shouldn't be surprised if they dump popcorn on you later. Does that make it right? Of course not. Is it showing the context of what happened? Yes. This fuck wad started it with those fans so why should anyone feel sorry for him having popcorn thrown in his general direction. I mean if you look at the video I don't think a single kernel of it actually touches him and maybe 4-5 land on his cart. THIS is what outrages you people? REALLY? This shows how the entire fan base has no class because one guy who probably remembers what a jackass he was last year tossed a few kernels of popcorn down his way?

I just can't believe you all are crying so fucking much about god damned popcorn. Clearly this is only because you hated the team already and a just flat out looking to make up excuses to justify that hate because this is maybe the least offensive thing I've ever seen any fan base do toward a player.

How outraged are any of you over the person on the SF sideline to knocked down a Seahawk during a live play? Why isn't there 50 pages of outrage over that? No, that doesn't matter, only popcorn matters. Doesn't matter that this player taunted the fans in that section, only that p o p c o r n was thrown his way. Selective moral outrage. Look it up. :L

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in a prior thread, I don't get the heat Sherman is getting. He made easily the biggest play in his career in, for now, the biggest game of his career. The entire week leading up to the game all we heard was how these two teams are bitter rivals..this is the kind of stuff you get with bitter rivals. The fact is, football is an intense and emotional game. You're going to get big reactions from big games featuring big rivals.

Harbaugh is a coach who fights for calls for his football team, whether you like the way he does or it now, you have to respect a guy who fights for his football team. It's easy to mock what Harbaugh does, but it's not classless.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman just wanted everyone to know who he was.

Accomplished.

Now people are writing about all the good stuff he's done outside of those 20 seconds on national TV. He's getting the most exposure possible right now.

Did you guys know that he can negotiate his contract in the offseason? Imagine what this play, the attention he's getting (shifting towards the GOOD), and what a great performance in the Supberbowl (and possibly a win) could mean to him? 4 years ago nobody knew or gave a crap about him. Now he's going to be set for life. That's A LOT due to his play, but it's also a lot to do with his mouth.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what sherman rubbed it in a bit ,good for him he is supposed to be happy he just ensured that his team goes to the SB.. fuck an A..to the victors goes the spoils

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when does Sherman do this?

And to midnight, no Lombardi would be a one contract then fired coach in today's game.

That's the one thing she's right about. You think Lombardi wasn't bright enough to figure out today's game if he'd been born 50 years later ? That's just silly. These guys are football coaches not rocket scientists.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, now Seattle fans act just like Sherman :gaah:

Yeah, because we haven't seen fans of other teams telling people to shut up on this board before right? I mean if it wasn't for Sherman we'd all be sipping fucking tea and having quaint discussions about our common interests.

Some of you are just bent on finding excuses to exercise your preconceived hate.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because we haven't seen fans of other teams telling people to shut up on this board before right? I mean if it wasn't for Sherman we'd all be sipping fucking tea and having quaint discussions about our common interests.

Some of you are just bent on finding excuses to exercise your preconceived hate.

I think you're getting your words mixed up.

You seem to be interpreting criticism as hate.

Do you expect us to be drinking the green kool aid along with you?

We don't see things the way you do because we're not Seahawk fans. That doesn't make us hater, just a different prospective.

But it seems that with some of you those are the two options: You're either a hater or drinking the kool aid with no inbetween.

I have no problems of note with the Seahawks as a whole. I think Sherman is a douche bag but that's one man out of an entire organization. I think the 12th man thing is stupid and over hyped simply because you stole it from Texas A&M. Crowd noise? Kansas City is just as loud.

It's the fans that are starting to piss me off. Sticking by the douche bag comments of Sherman when you KNOW you'd come out of your skin if it happened to the Seahawks. If the Broncos win the SB and Wes Welker went all WWE on Sherman...would you be pissed or would you just blow it off the way you did your your guy?

A Seahawks fan (Wedgie) saying that Lynch is going to rush for 150 yards against the Broncos? Really?

Another Seahawk fan saying that the principals of Lombardi don't apply today? WTF?

I've read a lot of threads this week and I have yet to see the Bronco fans behaving in such a manner. They're not trashing the Seahawks (minus Sherman and that's for what he did and not his play). They're showing respect to your club. What do they get in return? Trash talk. That's the AFC champion and they deserve an EQUAL amount of respect.

It's interesting that those that crow most about demanding their respect never want to give it to others.

Don't you think that predicting 150 yards rushing on the Denver defense was just a little disrespectful? Or calling them 'donkey's?

Bronco fans COULD be doing the same - predicting Peyton will throw for 500 yards on Seattle or hang 48 points on you, but they're not.

They've shown some class.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so bent out of shape about someone picking Lynch to run for 150? He's coming off two big games against tough run defenses. It's not like he said that he would go for 300. 150 is steep but it's hardly impossible.

It's not at all the same as saying Manning could go for 50 points and 500 yards.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so bent out of shape about someone picking Lynch to run for 150? He's coming off two big games against tough run defenses. It's not like he said that he would go for 300. 150 is steep but it's hardly impossible.

It's not at all the same as saying Manning could go for 50 points and 500 yards.

Because you're not dealing with the Sisters of the Poor here, Sonny. That's not just some NFL team, that's the AFC champion Denver Broncos and their run defense is pretty solid.

150 yards?!

In the Super Bowl?!

Really?

I don't think he reaches 100, let alone 150.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you're not dealing with the Sisters of the Poor here, Sonny. That's not just some NFL team, that's the AFC champion Denver Broncos and their run defense is pretty solid.

150 yards?!

In the Super Bowl?!

Really?

I don't think he reaches 100, let alone 150.

Sisters of the poor? SF is a better run defense than Denver. It's not farfetched to believe that he could break a couple more runs on Denver than he did on them.