• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't really understand why so much hype is on who is being classless.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they weren't dumping things on him because he hurt himself. Go see the youtube video of him tearing up a sign from a fan not 10 feet away from that spot the year before. Those are season ticket holders in that area. You don't think they all remember the fucking asshat tool that dissed the fans in that game?

How about some of you stop pretending this was some heinous crime against humanity and treat a couple of kernels of popcorn falling near him for what it was. A non story.

Sure, just as soon as they go back to the game as it was then with the equipment they had in their day. Times have changed and so has what Americans find entertaining. Today's stuff would have never been tolerated 20 years ago, more or less in Lombardi's day. Now we crave the T.O.'s and Shermans of the world. We listen/read endless complaining about the boring and repetitive answers of the athletes that rubber stamp their comments, and then vilify those who are honest. In short, you like being angry about it or you wouldn't be and fans in general aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.

Wizard...

Listen carefully...

If you don't think that Lombardi's principals would work today you're an IDIOT!

He saw things in a way that few did.

The Packers weren't a good team when he took them over and he led them to 6 championships in 9 years. That had nothing to do with the equipment - that was his philosophies and his way of thinking. His coaching.

Vince Lombardi is the greatest football coach EVER. Period. It isn't even an argument. There's no one else even close to him.

He could coach circles around that guy you have in Seattle...you know...the man that got USC in trouble than ran off like a scared little bitch before he could be punished. The one that left the KIDS to answer for HIS actions. The one that has a team so undisciplined that they lead the league in penalties.

Yeah...that guy.

The world is hardly craving Sherman. Quite the opposite. He took so much heat he had to APOLOGIZE for what he said. That alone should tell you he screwed up but it doesn't.

And you've never...NEVER heard me complaining about rubber stamp comments. Why? Because I've actually said here on this forum that I think more athletes need to watch Bull Durham and take notes on how to give an interview.

Win and lose with grace.

So yeah - show some class whether you win or lose.

We wouldn't tolerate that from our kids in high school - why do we tolerate it from professionals?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You first, Sonny.

Oh wait...how about that loud mouthed CB you have there in Seattle that went all WWE and had to apologize for it. How about HE goes first. THEN you.

Richard Sherman apologizes for postgame rant - NFL.com

"I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates," Sherman told ESPN's Ed Werder. "That was not my intent."

Why don't you treat this for what it was: An exploitative abuse by the media to further their own gain.

Video: Erin Andrews Talks To Dan Patrick About Richard Sherman Interview: ?He Lost His Mind?It Was Awesome? | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.

This is what we wanted. He lost his mind...it was awesome.

She intentionally went up to him as soon as she could with the sole purpose of trying to get him while he was still emotional enough to possibly give her a story before he had a chance to come down. She grabbed a guy who just made the biggest play of his career on the second biggest stage of his sport. A career defining moment after he just helped send his team to the Super Bowl. Of course his emotions were running high. What the fuck do you expect?

I wish he hadn't done that and don't want to see him do it again, but I'm sick to fucking death of all this sanctimonious bullshit by people who are holier than thou. He didn't cuss or hit a player and all he did was fail to control himself when he was being setup by a media personality to make her some more fame and money.

There should be a league rule against interviewing players right at the final gun. Head coaches yes, but players no.

Now go listen to how Erin describes what happened and tell me you still feel the same way. I'll know then that you are happy being a blind hater.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you treat this for what it was: An exploitative abuse by the media to further their own gain.

Video: Erin Andrews Talks To Dan Patrick About Richard Sherman Interview: ?He Lost His Mind?It Was Awesome? | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.

She intentionally went up to him as soon as she could with the sole purpose of trying to get him while he was still emotional enough to possibly give her a story before he had a chance to come down. She grabbed a guy who just made the biggest play of his career on the second biggest stage of his sport. A career defining moment after he just helped send his team to the Super Bowl. Of course his emotions were running high. What the fuck do you expect?

I wish he hadn't done that and don't want to see him do it again, but I'm sick to fucking death of all this sanctimonious bullshit by people who are holier than thou. He didn't cuss or hit a player and all he did was fail to control himself when he was being setup by a media personality to make her some more fame and money.

There should be a league rule against interviewing players right at the final gun. Head coaches yes, but players no.

Now go listen to how Erin describes what happened and tell me you still feel the same way. I'll know then that you are happy being a blind hater.

Yeah, that's it...pin it on the media instead of the loud mouthed CB that went WWE next to Erin Andrews.

Blame EVERYONE but the man that had to apologize for what he said.

You're a blind homer, Wizard.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. Ok, MidnightAngel....no Seattle fan or player is as classy as you or any team that has ever won a superbowl. We just aren't. We're infants/idiots. You are better at life than us.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard...

Listen carefully...

If you don't think that Lombardi's principals would work today you're an IDIOT!

He saw things in a way that few did.

The Packers weren't a good team when he took them over and he led them to 6 championships in 9 years. That had nothing to do with the equipment - that was his philosophies and his way of thinking. His coaching.

Vince Lombardi is the greatest football coach EVER. Period. It isn't even an argument. There's no one else even close to him.

He could coach circles around that guy you have in Seattle...you know...the man that got USC in trouble than ran off like a scared little bitch before he could be punished. The one that left the KIDS to answer for HIS actions. The one that has a team so undisciplined that they lead the league in penalties.

Yeah...that guy.

The world is hardly craving Sherman. Quite the opposite. He took so much heat he had to APOLOGIZE for what he said. That alone should tell you he screwed up but it doesn't.

And you've never...NEVER heard me complaining about rubber stamp comments. Why? Because I've actually said here on this forum that I think more athletes need to watch Bull Durham and take notes on how to give an interview.

Win and lose with grace.

So yeah - show some class whether you win or lose.

We wouldn't tolerate that from our kids in high school - why do we tolerate it from professionals?

So if you bold, italicize, and underline calling someone a name, does that make it much more likely to be true?

Notice I disagree with you and yet have not resorted to calling you names. You are not in control of yourself and yet are standing on a bully pulpit criticizing someone else for not controlling themselves. :L

If you can't see how the world has changed in our soundbite driven society then there is no discussing these events with you. This isn't 1950 and those days are long gone like it or not. I said I'd prefer he didn't do those things and yet you feel the need to attack me anyway.

He did apologize and yet what you take away from that is it somehow proves it is still his fault and not our media driven need to create train wrecks if we can't find one naturally. You clearly have no clue about the world around you.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually done a 180 where Richard Sherman is concerned. There is a backstory with him and Crabtree. Crabtree said something to Sherman at a charity event that seems to have pissed him off. Crabs also refused to shake his hand at the same event. Sherman is an emotional guy and was in the heat if the moment. I for one have looked past what he said after the game.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you bold, italicize, and underline calling someone a name, does that make it much more likely to be true?

Notice I disagree with you and yet have not resorted to calling you names. You are not in control of yourself and yet are standing on a bully pulpit criticizing someone else for not controlling themselves. :L

If you can't see how the world has changed in our soundbite driven society then there is no discussing these events with you. This isn't 1950 and those days are long gone like it or not. I said I'd prefer he didn't do those things and yet you feel the need to attack me anyway.

He did apologize and yet what you take away from that is it somehow proves it is still his fault and not our media driven need to create train wrecks if we can't find one naturally. You clearly have no clue about the world around you.

Dude, if you think Vince Lombardi's techniques, methods and coaching styles don't work today - then yeah, you're a moron.

There's just no hope for you.

You're actually saying that Vince Lombardi - the man the trophy is named after and the greatest coach EVER - his styles and ways of thinking just wouldn't work today.

Yeah - you're a moron.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's it...pin it on the media instead of the loud mouthed CB that went WWE next to Erin Andrews.

Blame EVERYONE but the man that had to apologize for what he said.

You're a blind homer, Wizard.

GO WATCH THE VIDEO OF HER INTERVIEW AND THEN COMMENT.

To just make an off the cuff assessment without at least following the evidence presented is pretty lame. She tells you in her own words that this was a media hit job. She was quite happy about the outcome.

You really have no idea how things work in this society anymore do you?

And tell me where I've said he had no culpability? Did I not say specifically that I wish he hadn't done it and don't want to see him do it again? So try actually understanding the full point being made instead of just sticking blindly to your preconceived hate.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule of posting on the web..

The first person to say the other person lost - actually lost himself.

Please go back to worshipping your douchebag of a CB.

Your team lost right? Practice what you preach.

"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less".

- Vince Lombardi.

Today's football players - and apparently some of the fans - need to learn who this guy was and exactly what made him the best football coach ever.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule of posting on the web..

The first person to say the other person lost - actually lost himself.

Please go back to worshipping your douchebag of a CB.

Dude, if you think Vince Lombardi's techniques, methods and coaching styles don't work today - then yeah, you're a moron.

There's just no hope for you.

You're actually saying that Vince Lombardi - the man the trophy is named after and the greatest coach EVER - his styles and ways of thinking just wouldn't work today.

Yeah - you're a moron.
Actually no, the first rule of losing an argument on the web is if you have to resort to name calling in lieu of adding something of substance you have long since lost.

And it is clear you are only interested in lecturing and sticking to your hate than actually discussing so I'm wasting my time here.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not going to happen. Sportsmanship is dying and will be a thing of the past in a decade or so. Sportsmanship doesn't make money. I remember (and not that long ago) when a player would make a tackle and run back to the huddle. Now if a player makes a good hit, and even if the receiver got a first down, the defender is celebrating and self promoting. He got a fucking 1st down, you dunce!

I will never understand this. Tackling and making catches is their job. If it's a game saving play, or game changing play, I can understand it. But like u said, making asimple catch for a first or a simple tackle shouldn't have some ridiculous celebration done afterwards.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at 99% of those ragging Sherman just out of boredom and jealousy because their teams have already cleared out their lockers. Thus now looking to vent their frustrations and fist shaking at the football gods.

Go hit the bar or the gym, whatever it takes to work off the anger at your own teams not getting to the big show, and keep the crying to your selves.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at 99% of those ragging Sherman just out of boredom and jealousy because their teams have already cleared out their lockers. Thus now looking to vent their frustrations and fist shaking at the football gods.

Go hit the bar or the gym, whatever it takes to work off the anger at your own teams not getting to the big show, and keep the crying to your selves.

Lol.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand this. Tackling and making catches is their job. If it's a game saving play, or game changing play, I can understand it. But like u said, making asimple catch for a first or a simple tackle shouldn't have some ridiculous celebration done afterwards.

My point exactly. If it's a 4th down stop or a huge hit, I can understand it. I just don't get the celebrating of every single play that you are PAID to make. I guess I should start dancing every time I successfully complete a work assignment, and run around showing everybody my drivers license because it has my name on it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point exactly. If it's a 4th down stop or a huge hit, I can understand it. I just don't get the celebrating of every single play that you are PAID to make. I guess I should start dancing every time I successfully complete a work assignment, and run around showing everybody my drivers license because it has my name on it.

But when does Sherman do this?

And to midnight, no Lombardi would be a one contract then fired coach in today's game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually done a 180 where Richard Sherman is concerned. There is a backstory with him and Crabtree. Crabtree said something to Sherman at a charity event that seems to have pissed him off. Crabs also refused to shake his hand at the same event. Sherman is an emotional guy and was in the heat if the moment. I for one have looked past what he said after the game.

Well said.
I was perplexed when I saw Sherm launch into his tirade. I was embarrassed.
I was sure there was a lot more to Sherm's disgust than this game. I understand more now and after watching replays of him sprinting over to shake Crab's hand (yet for all we know it was a ploy to embarrass) I am on Sherm's side of being pissed, yet he was out of line.
The players are stallions running at 100%. I understand now why he could go off and he is easy to forgive. If he is true about the events, Crab's comes off looking like a dick and Sherm was emotionally caught up in it.

Monster play though.