• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't really understand why so much hype is on who is being classless.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sisters of the poor? SF is a better run defense than Denver. It's not farfetched to believe that he could break a couple more runs on Denver than he did on them.

It's fair to say that NO, Arizona and the Rams are better run defenses than Denver

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco fans COULD be doing the same - predicting Peyton will throw for 500 yards on Seattle or hang 48 points on you, but they're not.

They've shown some class.

There are also probably 1/3 as many of them on this board.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in a prior thread, I don't get the heat Sherman is getting. .

eh, i think there are many out there that don't have a problem with what he did and said so you are not alone. however, there are also many who don't like the constant trash-talking and celebrating in this sport after every 5 yard run or any other play (big or not).

personally, for me, i loved seeing barry sanders dominate a defense all the way down the field and then quietly handing the ball to the referee and jogging to the sideline after scoring the touchdown. The entertainment, for me, was in watching his spectacular play on the field, not watching his dance moves or listening to his trash-talking lips move. To me, that stuff should be reserved for crap like WWF (non-sports). but, that's just my opinion.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fair to say that NO, Arizona and the Rams are better run defenses than Denver

Be careful there. Denver has Manning so that means every player at every position is the greatest ever and no other team can come with 30 points of them.... EVER. You better learn that or suffer the consequences.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i think there are many out there that don't have a problem with what he did and said so you are not alone. however, there are also many who don't like the constant trash-talking and celebrating in this sport after every 5 yard run or any other play (big or not).

personally, for me, i loved seeing barry sanders dominate a defense all the way down the field and then quietly handing the ball to the referee and jogging to the sideline after scoring the touchdown. The entertainment, for me, was in watching his spectacular play on the field, not watching his dance moves or listening to his trash-talking lips move. To me, that stuff should be reserved for crap like WWF (non-sports). but, that's just my opinion.

I agree with you and it appears there are some out there like us, but our numbers are dwindling year by year. I prefer some amount of respect for the game myself. Most in the public don't seem to care about it anymore and in fact crave all of this drama and the train wrecks that ensue. Fans complain about the boring and canned sounding players at press conferences and then complain when someone is honest and real. The common denominator there is fans complain. You can't please everyone, or heck even the majority anymore.

I don't hate what Sherman did, but I wish he hadn't have done it. Just like I find the outrage over a few pieces of popcorn falling down on Bowman to be just ridiculous. But some people are only happy if they have something to be unhappy about. They feel the need to criticize everyone that sees the world differently and indeed, call them names for daring to not think like them.

These are the times we live in.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sisters of the poor? SF is a better run defense than Denver. It's not farfetched to believe that he could break a couple more runs on Denver than he did on them.

Again...AFC champion.

That is no slouch on the other side of the ball.

I can understand predicting your team to win. I can't understand saying something insane like Lynch will hit them for 150 yards.

Bronco fans aren't doing the same. They're not predicting insanly high yardage or points and they could be.

Why?

They realize that's the NFC champion on the other side of the ball.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...AFC champion.

That is no slouch on the other side of the ball.

I can understand predicting your team to win. I can't understand saying something insane like Lynch will hit them for 150 yards.

Bronco fans aren't doing the same. They're not predicting insanly high yardage or points and they could be.

Why?

They realize that's the NFC champion on the other side of the ball.
So you are hung up on the amount of yards he THINKS Lynch might get? :L You really pick some odd things to get all outraged over. Lynch was probably the best RB in the league this year and had a few games around that mark. Given that they are going to have Harvin back many here believe he will command even more attention from the LB's because of his sweeps and short/quick dump passes and screens which should allow Lynch even more running room. Why do they believe this? Because it happened in both of his limited playing time already. 150y is not outrageous for a team that features the run. I might say it is unlikely, but not enough to get all crazy over it. I could see him going for 110-125 given their likely game plan and how good they are at running it.

YOU are forgetting that Seattle is also a CHAMPION. For all the outrage over not taking Denver seriously enough for your taste, Seattle has faced the toughest run defenses in the league and done quite well against them. It's what they do. If they reached the SB on the back of Lynch why are you surprised to find some of our fans thinking he just might do it again?

I would go so far as to say that questioning our fans opinions about how strong of a running day Lynch might have is the same as questioning any Denver fans who might believe Manning is going to throw for 400y. It's what they do.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are hung up on the amount of yards he THINKS Lynch might get? :L You really pick some odd things to get all outraged over. Lynch was probably the best RB in the league this year and had a few games around that mark. Given that they are going to have Harvin back many here believe he will command even more attention from the LB's because of his sweeps and short/quick dump passes and screens which should allow Lynch even more running room. Why do they believe this? Because it happened in both of his limited playing time already. 150y is not outrageous for a team that features the run. I might say it is unlikely, but not enough to get all crazy over it. I could see him going for 110-125 given their likely game plan and how good they are at running it.

YOU are forgetting that Seattle is also a CHAMPION. For all the outrage over not taking Denver seriously enough for your taste, Seattle has faced the toughest run defenses in the league and done quite well against them. It's what they do. If they reached the SB on the back of Lynch why are you surprised to find some of our fans thinking he just might do it again?

I would go so far as to say that questioning our fans opinions about how strong of a running day Lynch might have is the same as questioning any Denver fans who might believe Manning is going to throw for 400y. It's what they do.

It is in the Super Bowl.

That's a rare, RARE achievement.

The last man to do that was Timmy Smith of the Redskins in SB XXII. (204 yards).

To predict that is pretty arrogant.

And, for the record, if I hear a Denver fan say that Manning will hit 400 yards through the air, I'll argue with him as well. :suds:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, for the record, if I hear a Denver fan say that Manning will hit 400 yards through the air, I'll argue with him as well. :suds:

How about you stop arguing about stupid stat predictions with anyone. It's not like it means anything, but you love to keep making new posts about it. Not one fan gives a flying fuck except you and the OP.

Are you just trying to increase your post count?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you stop arguing about stupid stat predictions with anyone. It's not like it means anything, but you love to keep making new posts about it. Not one fan gives a flying fuck except you and the OP.

Are you just trying to increase your post count?

Perhaps the fault is mine for trying to get through to some of you thick headed Seattle fans that can't think logically since you're drunk on Kool aid.

Here's my logic - question it if you dare.

In the post season you make your opponent beat you with his weakness. With me so far?

That means when Seattle has the ball, Denver is going to put 8 men in the box and keep Lynch under wraps. Can he still break one? Sure, but it's doubtful.

What they're giving up is some one on one's for Wilson.

Therefore, until Wilson passes the ball well enough to get Denver to go back into 2 deep, Lynch is going to have tough sledding. Thus, he wont hit 100 yards, let alone 150.

When Denver has the ball the inverse is true. Seattle is going to keep 2 safeties deep and give Denver the short runs and passes in the flat to keep Manning from hitting them deep. Until Denver can run the ball well enough to force Seattle to bring up the 8th man in the box, Manning is going to have tough sledding as well. Could he still beat Seattle deep on a play? Sure, but it's doubtful.

The question is: Who blinks first? Does Seattle bring their safety up to stop Denver's run (and thus open things up for Manning) before Denver drops the safety (thus opening things up for Lynch) to slow down Wilson's passing.

Do you get it now?

BOTH defenses are going to do an equally great job of keeping Manning or Lynch in check - so neither man will put up insane numbers until the opponent adjusts their defense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the fault is mine for trying to get through to some of you thick headed Seattle fans that can't think logically since you're drunk on Kool aid.

Here's my logic - question it if you dare.

In the post season you make your opponent beat you with his weakness. With me so far?

That means when Seattle has the ball, Denver is going to put 8 men in the box and keep Lynch under wraps. Can he still break one? Sure, but it's doubtful.

What they're giving up is some one on one's for Wilson.

Therefore, until Wilson passes the ball well enough to get Denver to go back into 2 deep, Lynch is going to have tough sledding. Thus, he wont hit 100 yards, let alone 150.

When Denver has the ball the inverse is true. Seattle is going to keep 2 safeties deep and give Denver the short runs and passes in the flat to keep Manning from hitting them deep. Until Denver can run the ball well enough to force Seattle to bring up the 8th man in the box, Manning is going to have tough sledding as well. Could he still beat Seattle deep on a play? Sure, but it's doubtful.

The question is: Who blinks first? Does Seattle bring their safety up to stop Denver's run (and thus open things up for Manning) before Denver drops the safety (thus opening things up for Lynch) to slow down Wilson's passing.

Do you get it now?

BOTH defenses are going to do an equally great job of keeping Manning or Lynch in check - so neither man will put up insane numbers until the opponent adjusts their defense.

Seattle's base defenses are a single-safety man with Thomas as the deep man and press cover-3. They will run more 2-deep stuff than normal against Manning, but I wouldn't expect them to deviate too much from that, especially in the elements.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's base defenses are a single-safety man with Thomas as the deep man and press cover-3. They will run more 2-deep stuff than normal against Manning, but I wouldn't expect them to deviate too much from that, especially in the elements.

If you try that against Manning, he'll kill you. He's got to many weapons for you not to alter your defense. Same for Denver. They have to go 8 in the box vs. Seattle.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is not going to drastically change what they do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fucking christ angel. Do you ever stop your elitist bullshit?

You tell everyone they are delusional and drinking the koolaid and then continue to basically drink the Denver koolaid yourself. Manning is not without fault. They didn't run the table. They CAN lose games. They HAVE lost games. In fact they lost as many games as Seattle did.

Here's a fucking news break for you: BOTH TEAMS ARE GOOD. IN FACT BOTH TEAMS ARE REALLY GOOD.

Stop being so offended when someone dares to suggest that Seattle might win the game. You don't have some fucking crystal ball or built in knowledge. It doesn't matter that the team you root for has won it before. That doesn't make you psychic. Following a team that has won it before doesn't make you smarter, nor does it make your opinions more valid.

Denver might win, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility for Seattle to win and it doesn't have to require 10 turnovers by Denver for it to happen.

Get off your damned high horse and allow the fans of Seattle to think what they want. They are allowed to feel any way they fucking please and don't need your permission to do so. Take your insults and your elitist arrogance and fuck straight off.

Oh, and have a great evening. :laugh3:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole diatribe can be broken down to this, which is HARDLY new information. It really doesn't say anything that every team goes into every game trying to do.

1) Denver is going to try to stop Lynch. They will succeed unless Wilson forces them to respect the pass.
2) Seattle is going to try to stop Manning. They will succeed unless Denver can run the ball and open things up for Manning.
3) Either team can win.

That is the summary of your shit post. Which basically says NOTHING.

This is only one possibility. Maybe one of the defenses doesn't show up to play. Maybe Lynch or Manning don't give a flying fuck and they run or pass the ball well. Maybe everyone plays lights out except for one mistake at the end.

All you have are opinions, and they don't mean anything more than anyone else's (despite the team you cheer for having 6 Superbowl rings).

I think you just like to argue and use a lot of words to say VERY little.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's defense is fairly vanilla. They don't really change their defense for certain teams nor do they shift a ton of players around or anything.

Defenses have changed dramatically in recent years and for 30 NFL teams (someone else is taking Seattle's philosophy as well, want to say it's the Saints but could be wrong) the defense is all about trying to out-smart and guess what the offense is trying to do. Seattle doesn't have this philosophy. They rush 4, rarely blitz, and play their style of defense. They rely on athletes on the team to make plays and win their matchups. They preach going for the ball on ALL plays and solid tackling to win games.

So Manning can sit there and call 409182 audibles during the game, it's not going to do anything to Seattle's D. Yes Seattle's D will have to adjust by half or something if Manning is able to torch Seattle's vanilla D that much, but 18 games this season say otherwise (Colts scored the most, but even 7 from them came from a blocked FG).

That said, Seattle's D wont change a damn thing to what they've done all season. Offensive gameplan will change a bit, but Seattle's D will not really do anything different because they haven't all year. In fact a lot of TDs and yards came against Seattle in garbage time including the Saints' playoff game.

I think that's one BIG thing that ESPN has failed to write on (no surprise). This to me isn't a Manning vs. Seattle D matchup. It's NEW PHILOSOPHY (complicated offenses, outsmarting defenses, etc) vs. OLD PHILOSOPHY (smashmouth football).

This also gives a unique edge to Seattle. While they'll still view film and look at tendencies, they're not going to change anything they're doing on one side of the ball. The players will still be asked to do what they've done for the last 2-3 years. Denver will be changing defensive tactics (as well as offensively just like Seattle) to try and 'out-smart' Seattle's O, just like 29 other NFL teams would do.

Again I think it's the Saints that now have Seattle's mentality of smashmouth football. I read an article by NFL.COM I think where they went into Seattle's D... and they named one other team that has gone back to old school philosophy as well of not trying to 'outsmart' offenses.

That's why Peyton is so damn good mind you. He either out-smarts the defensive leaders or gets them to out-smart themselves. Wont work against Seattle's D. Not saying Peyton can't slice Seattle's D, but it will be for different reasons.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You tell everyone they are delusional and drinking the koolaid and then continue to basically drink the Denver koolaid yourself. Manning is not without fault. They didn't run the table. They CAN lose games. They HAVE lost games. In fact they lost as many games as Seattle did.

Here's a fucking news break for you: BOTH TEAMS ARE GOOD. IN FACT BOTH TEAMS ARE REALLY GOOD.

Stop being so offended when someone dares to suggest that Seattle might win the game. You don't have some fucking crystal ball or built in knowledge. It doesn't matter that the team you root for has won it before. That doesn't make you psychic. Following a team that has won it before doesn't make you smarter, nor does it make your opinions more valid.

Denver might win, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility for Seattle to win and it doesn't have to require 10 turnovers by Denver for it to happen.

Get off your damned high horse and allow the fans of Seattle to think what they want. They are allowed to feel any way they fucking please and don't need your permission to do so. Take your insults and your elitist arrogance and fuck straight off.

Can you do me a favor and pull your head out of your ass?

Thank you.

Again, you translate any criticism of Seattle into 'hatred' for them. I don't hate Seattle. I'm just not crazy about their arrogant fan base that can't stand logical thought or discourse.

I presented about as BALANCED an approach to how I see the game unfolding as I could and how do you take it? As if I'm anointing the Broncos as the champions already. Your view is biased.

Lynch will NOT rush for 150 yards. Period. It wont happen.

Interesting that you criticize me for 'not allowing Seattle fans to think the way they want to' but then do the same, calling me 'elitist'.

Hypocrite.

This is going to be a good game. Either could win.

I started this week not really pulling for anyone.

But thanks to the arrogance shown by the Seahawk fans (From saying Lynch is going to rush for 150, to backing up Sherman and his comments), I'm pulling for Denver now. You guys simply don't have enough class to hold the Lombardi.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10: