• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't like dipoto anymore

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen, Dipoto should be able to have the team looking better after another spring trade bonanza and another offseason to do some work.

Trade what? Spend with what? How will next off season be any different? Will the team be sold to allow these things to happen? I appreciate your optimism, but not sure what they did this off season is any kind of indication for next years rebirth? Just another year older for the core in my eyes.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of quotes from dipoto about kuma where he basically bends over backwards to thank nintendo for allowing some extra payroll allowance for kuma.

i'm actually fine with not spending more this offseason. i'd rather see bigger money flowing from the coffers when the organization is something approaching stable from the bottom up.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have Kuma back, I would like to see one more trade.

Paxton & Smith

for

Baez & Puig.

Go for broke and take a chance. Smith is nice, but low ceiling. Puig is psycho, but high ceiling. Baez great bullpen arm.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade what? Spend with what? How will next off season be any different? Will the team be sold to allow these things to happen? I appreciate your optimism, but not sure what they did this off season is any kind of indication for next years rebirth? Just another year older for the core in my eyes.

That's basically my opinion, who else do they have to trade other than their top prospects (granted they are prospects on a bad farm system) but you still need youth on a team that isn't going to compete for a WS until their 3 big contracts are past their prime. I just can't comprehend trading younger guys for guys on an expiration date unless those guys are stars or at least a missing piece.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's basically my opinion, who else do they have to trade other than their top prospects (granted they are prospects on a bad farm system) but you still need youth on a team that isn't going to compete for a WS until their 3 big contracts are past their prime. I just can't comprehend trading younger guys for guys on an expiration date unless those guys are stars or at least a missing piece.

I get it and I am right there with you. Go for it all or dump the contracts and retool. This in-between stuff with so-so present and less than so-so future (no farm system to speak of) doesn't do anything for me. Again, I think JD used slight of hand to confuse some fans when all he did was move parts around. When your best prospects played in A and Rookie ball, you are in trouble.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have Kuma back, I would like to see one more trade.

Paxton & Smith

for

Baez & Puig.

Go for broke and take a chance. Smith is nice, but low ceiling. Puig is psycho, but high ceiling. Baez great bullpen arm.
I'd even make the trade if Baez isn't included. Paxton+Smith for Puig would be awesome.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd even make the trade if Baez isn't included. Paxton+Smith for Puig would be awesome.

Need the bullpen arm and Dodgers have plenty. But I get your point.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also rumors that the Braves are listening to offers on Ender Inciarte.

Puig or Inciarte playing RF batting leadoff or 2nd in the order would be exiting.

Inciarte can play all 3 OF positions very well.

Last edited:

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Diaz or Gohara+low end prospect for Inciarte?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also rumors that the Braves are listening to offers on Ender Inciarte.

Puig or Inciarte playing RF batting leadoff or 2nd in the order would be exiting.

Inciarte can play all 3 OF positions very well.

Ya, that would be nice. I still don't see a backup CF on the roster. Puig is the 'wow' factor, but also the headcase. Inciarte is the 'solid' choice, but maybe not spectacular which is okay. I like solid.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or do both trades and have an OF of:

RF-Puig
CF-Inciarte/Martin
LF-Aoki/Guti

Dare to dream.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though it'd be nice if one of Inciarte or Martin was a RH bat.