• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I dare you to find a targeting call more atrocious than this.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it's not just the Pac12 refs calling these absurd targeting calls. That makes me feel better? :noidea:

Why does it seem the overall refereeing is getting worse at every level of the game? It's almost unwatchable at times because of the way too long reviews that never seem to fix mistakes anyway. It's broken is so many ways.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add me to the growing list of those wondering why they even watch anymore.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not watching them for the rest of the year, but that's for an entirely different reason. :stephena:
I hear ya, mang. Dolphins fan here. I will not watch or care as long as Belecheat, Brady & Co run that shitshow.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about targeting, that's bs... But it does appear when he was falling he saw where he was falling and tried to put a little extra weight in there... Unsportsmanlike if I were a MS fan, bs if I'm a Michigan fan, a laugh on the sideline if I were his teammate, 15 yards if I were a ref...

Bolden purposely (obvious to anybody honest enough to look) lowered his head for a helmet-to-helmet late hit on MSU's quarterback...whether he was launched or tossed/pushed that way by other player(s) doesn't matter...it was TARGETING; but because he may indeed have been launched he shouldn't have been ejected from the game.

personally, I loved it. Bolden is the same dirtbag whose totally disrespectful pre-game 'turf stabbing of MSU's field' so pissed off Mark Dantonio last year that his normally-respectful late game 'taking of knees' was turned to 'lets burn these assholes for a couple of extra tds.'

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom! Didn't get his orange slice till the 2nd quarter.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the absurdity of this rule not being talked about by the media? I mean, it is literally ruining football and nobody says a single word.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was probably the only person standing with a 50' radius while the were doing the review and started losing my shit when they confirmed the call

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with a bunch of Michigan fans swearing at me calling me a homer for saying that there was no way that was targeting and its complete bullshit.

Lol, apparently some of the Michigan fans you hang out with aren't too bright...

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rule needs to be fixed. it is a complete joke. what the hell is a guy tackling suppose to do if the runner or receiver lowers their head to absorb the hit. these defenders are getting sidelined because qbs leave their receivers out to dry and runners change their level at the last second to avoid contact

Did you happen to catch the BS one in ND/Temple game?

Bout threw my tv out the house.
The one you are referring to was horrible. The guy did nothing wrong, the offensive player merely put his head down and they were both falling out of control. No intent to injure in any way shape or form, just two guys falling, total bullshit call. Listening to the announcers on that play was sickening.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one you are referring to was horrible. The guy did nothing wrong, the offensive player merely put his head down and they were both falling out of control. No intent to injure in any way shape or form, just two guys falling, total bullshit call. Listening to the announcers on that play was sickening.
Yeah, well Shumate got ejected for that hit there was NO WAY he could avoid, save just not trying to even hit the dude.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% certain the refs are getting paid every time they eject somebody for "targeting". That's the only explanation that makes sense when you consider how many of these horse shit penalties not only get called, but stand after a review. It's a fucking joke and it's ruining the game. How long before some kid gets kicked out of his senior night game on a team with no chance at a bowl just because one of these clowns goes on a power trip?

I know nobody here watches the Sun Belt but the last three Sun Belt conference games I have watched have had a total of 5 ejections, all of which were just the player trying to make a play. Eat shit NCAA refs. Eat. My. Shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one area where the SEC refs have been a little better than the rest of the country.

stylicho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a traditionalist in regards to this and have hated this rule ever since it really came out in force in 2013, although it's been around in theory since 2008 I believe. Now, surprisingly the NFL has actually toned down the helmet to helmet calls this year. So I have to disagree with the poster that said this year the NFL has been bad. No, the previous two years were REALLY BAD, but this year has actually improved with less nonsense calls. College football has really went to crap this year in regards to this TARGETING call. They almost called another horrible targeting penalty again today during the Oklahoma St TCU game but the surprisingly reversed the call.
As for the intent of the rule. It's based on something that doesn't exist. This whole concussion issue is based off a myth. That link will explain everything. Don't let these phoney fans who agree with this rule to destroy football. Goodell is trying to expand the game overseas. That's the only reason this rule came about. It's all about growing the game outside the US and making more money for the owners.

stylicho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google Slate's article on football players living longer than average citizens since apparently you're not allowed to post links on this site.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3