• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can make a team today to beat the 1992 Dream Team

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that is besides the point, Barkley never won a title with any team. KD is unstoppable on offense. Barkley is not guarding him on the perimeter or driving to the lane lmao. I don’t care how skinny KD is, 240 to be exact. He can still post up barkley and shoot right over him bc he has any shot over him, too much length. But you can just ignore all that.

You act like Barkley didn't have to play against players who were longer than him just about every game of his entire career.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy got tossed in 2 of those games? Or 1? Throwing punches at Rodman.

Classic shit. Watching these re-runs is way better than my current Bulls. :lol:

Rodman was comedy and you forget all the shot he pulled & got away with

I still can't believe Brick was so stupid. Miss my Sonics though....

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that is besides the point, Barkley never won a title with any team. KD is unstoppable on offense...He can still post up barkley and shoot right over him bc he has any shot over him, too much length. But you can just ignore all that.
This is literally what every PF in the 90s thought before they actually played Barkley. How many were able to post up against him or out rebound him though he was giving up significant height?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Brick was so stupid. Miss my Sonics though....

That Sonics team balled out on offense. Back when maybe 3-4 teams a year averaged over 100 points a game. Now every team scores over 100. Kemp was nasty. The glove was nasty.

Hersey Hawkins was gangster in high school. The glove is one of my favorite PGs but I like great defenders.

You stop the ball and shutdown your opponent, game over

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was 32 I believe in 1992 and Bird was 33? Lebron 34 now.. But Bird and Magic were just old.

Makes sense right?

Funny shit
Lebron James at 32 is still yolked and could outrun damn near anyone on the DT. He's a complete and total physical specimen.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Sonics team balled out on offense. Back when maybe 3-4 teams a year averaged over 100 points a game. Now every team scores over 100. Kemp was nasty. The glove was nasty.

Hersey Hawkins was gangster in high school. The glove is one of my favorite PGs but I like great defenders.

You stop the ball and shutdown your opponent, game over

My only complaint about the team was when Payton would want to be Hersey and would jack up 6 threes without sniffing a make. Guy just couldn't understand he wasn't the outside shooter on the team sometimes. :)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron James at 32 is still yolked and could outrun damn near anyone on the DT. He's a complete and total physical specimen.

Is he 32 or 34? Magic was 32 with aids in 1992. Point is the age is pretty close and bodies are bodies. Yes Lebron is a great athlete but Magic was no slouch

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint about the team was when Payton would want to be Hersey and would jack up 6 threes without sniffing a make. Guy just couldn't understand he wasn't the outside shooter on the team sometimes. :)

Yeah Seattle was nasty when he just ran the point and played D. GP could go to the hole and was physical. Not a good 3 point shooter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was a complete & total physical specimen he'd have a full head of hair.:D

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he 32 or 34? Magic was 32 with aids in 1992. Point is the age is pretty close and bodies are bodies. Yes Lebron is a great athlete but Magic was no slouch
Actually Lebron just turned 33, good point. That said, no, bodies are not bodies. The way Magic took care of his body and the way Lebron took care of his are very different. Magic is the same height Lebron was but nowhere near the athlete. He played at 230 lbs while Lebron is playing at 265-270 of nearly all muscle.

In all honesty, if we put both teams in their prime, nobody on the DT is slowing down Lebron in his physical prime. He had Randy Moss speed at 270 lbs. He was a mismatch everywhere he played.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a complete & total physical specimen he'd have a full head of hair.:D
Now that part, I can't speak to. There isn't a gym you can go to that will give you luxurious, flowing locks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that part, I can't speak to. There isn't a gym you can go to that will give you luxurious, flowing locks.

If LeBron wants to fix his hair all he needs to do is find out where Trump gets his toupee's from. My guess is Mexico.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron wants to fix his hair all he needs to do is find out where Trump gets his toupee's from. My guess is Mexico.
Lebron is better off going the Michael Chiklis route, IMO

Michael-Chiklis-bio-450x600.jpg

Not a bad look if I do say so myself.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I thought I'd get some good responses from knowledgeable posters like yourself, but if you are going to say 1992 Bird is better than the new guys then you just aren't interested. And that's fine, I tried.

The problem with these comparisons is they are skewed towards todays players because you are using players that are in their prime or close to it vs. players who were close to the end of their careers.

The Original Dream Team couldn't be formed before 1992 because they weren't allowed to participate as professional athletes.

So, to make a truly fair comparison, you have to allow the Dream Team players at or close to their prime. Essentially, you set up what you thought was a scenario that made your point impossible to refute and have started claiming "bad responses/bias" when folks still disagree.

Exactly, I'm not saying the new guys best the old every time, just 3 out of 5 games. The fact that so many posters can't honestly engage or get past their biases is disappointing

What's also disappointing is you saying those who disagree with you simply can't get past their biases. You, of course, are able to set yours aside, right?

So, how about YOU respond to how the group you put together would fare against The Original Dream Team with those players at or near their prime?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make good, fair points... I would still say today's big men are significantly less skilled in the post than the big men of the Dream Team era... generally speaking.

In fairness, today's big men are probably better in other areas... 3 pt shooting and ball handling come to mind.

^^^THIS^^^

I'd also add that the bigs of the dream team era also were better a defending the paint/rim than todays bigs.

Ball handling, 3 point shooting and perimeter defernse goes to todays bigs. Offense and defense in the paint and rebounding goes to Dream Team era bigs.

Passing is probably pretty close to even, but I'd give a very slight edge to current bigs just because there is less isolation today, so they need to move the ball more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it would have been awful for KD. Who do you think Rodman would have pissed off quicker, KD or Draymond?

Rodman was able to get into Karl Malone's head. He could get into any player from todays head.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Lebron just turned 33, good point. That said, no, bodies are not bodies. The way Magic took care of his body and the way Lebron took care of his are very different. Magic is the same height Lebron was but nowhere near the athlete. He played at 230 lbs while Lebron is playing at 265-270 of nearly all muscle.

In all honesty, if we put both teams in their prime, nobody on the DT is slowing down Lebron in his physical prime. He had Randy Moss speed at 270 lbs. He was a mismatch everywhere he played.

Until Karl Malone lays his ass out when he comes into the lane. Then what? Acting like Lebron uses that physicality all the time is laughable. He'd much rather shoot jumpers in a league where you don't even get punished for going into the lane.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman was able to get into Karl Malone's head. He could get into any player from todays head.

I’m sorry, Durant would have to quit the game after one series.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Karl Malone lays his ass out when he comes into the lane. Then what? Acting like Lebron uses that physicality all the time is laughable. He'd much rather shoot jumpers in a league where you don't even get punished for going into the lane.
LOL, Malone would try to until Lebron breezes past him. You forget about the fact that this dude has the speed and athleticism of an elite NFL WR to go with his size. Also, I don't know what makes you forget about the fact that Lebron has never had an issue posting up and backing up big men. Hell he's guarded PF's more than any SF I've ever seen.