• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Bet Roses' Teammates Are Pissed

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Publicly, no, but as soon as I had an out I'd be gone to a team with a leader I could respect.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a teammate I don't have a problem with him. I'd rather he be able to play completely at 100% then compromise me and the team because he is afraid of something. Somewhere in the back of my mind I would question his toughness for as long as it took for him to show me different. As a player you really can't publically question his decision. Its his body and mind which no one knows better than him.

:agree:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Publicly, no, but as soon as I had an out I'd be gone to a team with a leader I could respect.

Good luck, hopefully that leader respects you. Why would you not just step up and lead the bulls?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, hopefully that leader respects you. Why would you not just step up and lead the bulls?

I would in his absence, sure. But you know when he finally mans up he will be handed the team back on a silver platter.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the mental issues are more around fear of the re-injury and maybe not being 100%.

That is what sucks about being rushed back in .. letting him get back in basketball shape and use to cutting hard in a game environment may take more time.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the mental issues are more around fear of the re-injury and maybe not being 100%.

That is what sucks about being rushed back in .. letting him get back in basketball shape and use to cutting hard in a game environment may take more time.

Yep, I think his muscles are probably weaker too. Also, contact and the fear that every time you cut and every time you jump you could be injuring yourself again. There's no way he is 100% when he has been out this long and he has to worry about reinjury. Also, he injured himself doing something he has done a thousand times when he was healthy and now he has to go out, not 100%, and expect not to injure himself.

I have been cleared by my doctors to do things that i want to do. But, that doesn't mean I can actually do it. I'm terrified that I will hurt myself again, I'm paranoid that I might have to deal with my recovery all over again, and I know that the doctor told me I can do it (with some stipulations) but I'm not going to do things until i comfortably work my way into it.

It's not something I've ever experienced before. When i was in high school, I foul tipped a baseball into my face (That's embarrassing, i know. :L ) But, I got back in the batters box. That was nothing compared to what I'm dealing with now, or with what I think Derrick Rose is dealing with.

Am I claiming to know what Derrick Rose is feeling, no. I just know what's I'm going through and I imagine what Derrick Rose is experiencing is similar, but on another level.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is obviously a terrible team player and wouldn't be welcomed on my team. How can he be practicing and not playing? He's able to run and jump and practice with the team but can't suit up and at least give the Lakers a few minutes?

Good grief, what an awful teammate.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kobe has an excuse. He is OLD and recovering from an Achilles. I agreed with Rose's decision not to play last season also. Fact of business, he looks like he'll be returning to some semblance of the old Rose and I'm sure Chicago brass is happy they don't have to fork over guaranteed money to a guy dressed up in a suit on the sideline. I really don't think Chicago would've beaten Miami with a healthy Rose in the playoffs from the looks of the current D-Rose. Word.