• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Bet Roses' Teammates Are Pissed

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Bulls fought hard all year to make the playoffs without their "best" player. Some players probably made sacrifices and played more minutes (beat up more too) to pick up the slack and get into playoffs thinking Rose would be back by now. You won't hear them say it, but I bet they are pissed off about him not playing. He has been physically cleared to play and yet he cites "mental" reasons why he is not in there. I can understand not playing within the first month of being cleared to get that extra time to heal and get conditioned, but not coming back for the playoffs really makes him seem soft. I bet his teammates also think this about him. If you're a guy like Noah, for example, who is "sucking it up" by playing hurt to help the team, you are upset about Rose (the teams supposed leader) not doing the same.

Unless of course there's something we don't know about. But then why would he be cleared to play by doctors??

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be. Injuries suck but I've always erred on the side of rushing back, personally, and he's had more than enough time to come back. As a teammate you have to be supportive but at the same time you have to tell him what's up and that you need him back.

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunatley none of us know exactly what he is thinking or how he feels. On the other side though, I am sure a lot if not all of his team mates know whats going on and maybe it's better that he doesn't play if he can't keep his head in the game. The mental part of sports can bring you down just as much as the physical part. Mental issues are a terrible thing.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunatley none of us know exactly what he is thinking or how he feels. On the other side though, I am sure a lot if not all of his team mates know whats going on and maybe it's better that he doesn't play if he can't keep his head in the game. The mental part of sports can bring you down just as much as the physical part. Mental issues are a terrible thing.

Mental issues are terrible, but he's a pro and needs to overcome it. At least try to. And this can't be a case where he's waiting to see if they advance to 2nd round or further. They need him now. Thibodeau also said he's probably done for the season. :noidea:

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think so but not all people can handle mental issues. Look at HMS....LMAO

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pissed!! I get that he isn't mentally ready and has that fear of getting hurt again. The only way that I know of to get past that fear is to play!!

Anyone who has played a sport for more than a season or two has had to come back from some kind of injury at some time and there is always that bit of fear of being re-injured. You get past it by playing.

Seems like there must be something more to this. Or maybe he just isn't the franchise player that he's supposed to be?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental Illnesses / Injuries are just as real as physical injuries.

We see it all the time in baseball when a player (usually a pitcher) just gets his brain in a tizzy and can never come out of it. There was that one St. Louis Cardinal who had to re-invent himself as an outfielder. Or that Yankees 2nd baseman who could no longer throw the ball to first base because of a mental issue.

In basketball it is more rare...but it still is very real

Sometimes you just see a guy stop taking shots or asking out. You even had guys shoot free throws underhand when mental issues take over.

This is more unusual, but it is serious legitimate problem.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
good thing this site has the tech to shut him AND his sidekick up...

bet the little bastard's bored to tears...:doh:

CL67

For someone you say you've put on ignore, you sure talk about him a lot. Just sayin'. :whistle:

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Mental Illnesses / Injuries are just as real as physical injuries.

We see it all the time in baseball when a player (usually a pitcher) just gets his brain in a tizzy and can never come out of it. There was that one St. Louis Cardinal who had to re-invent himself as an outfielder. Or that Yankees 2nd baseman who could no longer throw the ball to first base because of a mental issue.

In basketball it is more rare...but it still is very real

Sometimes you just see a guy stop taking shots or asking out. You even had guys shoot free throws underhand when mental issues take over.

This is more unusual, but it is serious legitimate problem.

I think Rose might be a little unstable emotionally. He seems like that to me. There are times where he looks emotionally distressed or timid and then there are times where he is aggressive and in control. Maybe he's bipolar??:scratch:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoy watching him play. It's a shame. Hopefully he can get over it and return to form next season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone you say you've put on ignore, you sure talk about him a lot. Just sayin'. :whistle:

just know the jackasses who made trolling all of us a lifestyle. and i'm LAUGHING at them more than anything else because i know damn well they wanted to continue. just sayin'...

don't worry. you won't hear about it much longer. but i can DAMN sure celebrate the fact these clowns are beaten now...:yahoo:

CL67

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND YET HURRICANE SAYS DEREK ROSE WAS ONE OF THE TOP 50 PLAYERS IN THE NBA THIS SEASON:omg:

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
just know the jackasses who made trolling all of us a lifestyle. and i'm LAUGHING at them more than anything else because i know damn well they wanted to continue. just sayin'...

don't worry. you won't hear about it much longer. but i can DAMN sure celebrate the fact these clowns are beaten now...:yahoo:

CL67

It just looks like they got under your skin since you keep talking about them. Just sayin'.

What makes you think they haven't put you on ignore either??

dacey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most athletes are anxious to get back in the game and may come back to soon when their body isnt ready. What is happening with Rose is so unusual I cant think of anything similiar, especially in the NBA where your reputation as a warrior is so important. If his doctors say he is ready to go he needs to trust his doctors.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what anyone says, Rose can make his own choice. Nobody needs to make him come back before he's mentally ready. Regardless of how his recovery has gone, and regardless of what the typical recovery time is, if he can't play without worrying he is gonna injure himself again then he doesn't need to be playing.

If I was Derrick Rose my teammates should respect me. They also got to the playoffs without him, no reason they can't compete in the playoffs without him.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most athletes are anxious to get back in the game and may come back to soon when their body isnt ready. What is happening with Rose is so unusual I cant think of anything similiar, especially in the NBA where your reputation as a warrior is so important. If his doctors say he is ready to go he needs to trust his doctors.

That's a whole lot easier said then done.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what anyone says, Rose can make his own choice. Nobody needs to make him come back before he's mentally ready. Regardless of how his recovery has gone, and regardless of what the typical recovery time is, if he can't play without worrying he is gonna injure himself again then he doesn't need to be playing.

Well that's just it. He is not playing because he's mentally not ready. He can wipe his rear with what his teammates think, but it doesn't change the notion that his teammates may not respect his decision. Of course we probably won't ever know what they are thinking cause they may never say, but I'm confident they are not happy about it inside.

If I was Derrick Rose my teammates should respect me. They also got to the playoffs without him, no reason they can't compete in the playoffs without him.

And they are (so far). We haven't heard anything yet, but don't be surprised if one of them hints at it after they get eliminated.