• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Am Cooking The Turkey Christmas Day

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday - my mother passed out in the doctors office, so he put her in the hospital by ambulance - She had a bad flair with her emphezema and blood clots on her feet. Looks like she will be coming home Tuesday, but either way I have been cooking the turkey.

For the ham, I will mix four cans of crushed pinapple juice with brown sugar and bake it in the over for the flavor

I got a 22 pound which I will season it, stuff it with old fashion stuffing I made tonight and cook it til done and baste it every hour

Banana cream pudding with bananas in it

and a couple of pies if I don't forget to go by Coco's

My mother by the way is 89 years old and by Friday - she won't even remember being in the hospital, but she is improving - so God bless everyone and Merry Christmas

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas and I hope your mom feels better!!!

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God Bless you and your Mom. My Dad is also 89.

We are making turkey today as well. Home made noodles and real mashed potatoes (my Mom) and lots of champagne to go around.

Roaring fire later. The family together. Doesn't get any better.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real men cook the Turkey

Thoughts with Mother bro. Hope she makes a full recovery

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, your a good osn, but a horrible poster

merry xmas from the LM man:suds:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds delicious TLF, best to you and yours Merry Christmas.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-save-the-neck.png

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday - my mother passed out in the doctors office, so he put her in the hospital by ambulance - She had a bad flair with her emphezema and blood clots on her feet. Looks like she will be coming home Tuesday, but either way I have been cooking the turkey.

For the ham, I will mix four cans of crushed pinapple juice with brown sugar and bake it in the over for the flavor

I got a 22 pound which I will season it, stuff it with old fashion stuffing I made tonight and cook it til done and baste it every hour

Banana cream pudding with bananas in it

and a couple of pies if I don't forget to go by Coco's

My mother by the way is 89 years old and by Friday - she won't even remember being in the hospital, but she is improving - so God bless everyone and Merry Christmas

emphysema is a horrible disease. God bless you and your mom. hope your christmas is wonderful, outside of the Lakers losing :)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emphysema is a horrible disease. God bless you and your mom. hope your christmas is wonderful, outside of the Lakers losing :)

What Flauge said. Hope she gets better. But you keep looking out for her. I lost mine in '85(from pancreatic cancer). You only get one, man...

Go Lakers...!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to thank everyone for their kind and generous words of encourgagement. I had so much to do today, but my mother's nurse who comes in to bathe her on a regular basis came and cleaned the house from top to bottom which allowed me to finish the shopping. Stopped by the hospital late tonight because I thought she might be coming home. Her heart started to defribulate which sent them into panic mode and they kept her for observation. All of the tests, however say her heart is clear and good and if she continues to do well, she should get to come home by Thursday. She slept all day today though, so I'm going to have to watch that real close - last time she did that - her blood pressure dropped to zero before she literally came back from the brink of death on her own. There is a DNR at my direction, so it's kind of scary. Merry Christmas and for those who's parents are gone - I will give mine a kiss for you - I know mom would love that.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents are in their early 80's, but luckily they lead a healthy lifestyle and eat a proper and healthy diet. They also walk close to 4 miles a day. Got to hand it to them, they insist on doing everything for themselves and they also insist that us kids make our own way in life. No handouts and certainly no free-loading.

Something I am grateful for during this joyous and righteous Holiday season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I raise me glass to you-n-yours this season, best of luck for your mother...

BUT where in the HELL is the "sweet potato pie"?

LOL - I bought some pumpkin pies down at Coco's - next year I would love to get the recipe and learn how - I will have to get it from some of the sisters in my church and learn how - they make some really delicious yams as well. I tried canned yams, but they yack

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - I bought some pumpkin pies down at Coco's - next year I would love to get the recipe and learn how - I will have to get it from some of the sisters in my church and learn how - they make some really delicious yams as well. I tried canned yams, but they yack

All you have to do is buy sweet potatoes OR yams and boil them. Then cut them up, mix them with brown sugar, put in baking pan, cook in oven and add marshmellows on top. Simple stuff.

And pumpkin pie is so easy even a retarded 50 year old could make it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you have to do is buy sweet potatoes OR yams and boil them. Then cut them up, mix them with brown sugar, put in baking pan, cook in oven and add marshmellows on top. Simple stuff.

I just don't have the time - right now I'm boiling the necks in water and seasoning so I will some juice to cook the turkey. My mother used to make lemon meringue pies, and pumpkin pies from scratch - but up to this year is was everything to take care of her and keep her out of the kitchen so I could take care of it. Sometime next year though I will get a few recipes and try a few before thanksgiving, so that I can adjust the recipe as needed. I still have wrap presents. My family has just never been big on yams or sweet potatos - not sure why though. I do make plenty of mashed potatoes and gravy with the rolls

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HEY! I went college tho? It's always the DAMN stove's fault anywhoze...:yahoo:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't have the time - right now I'm boiling the necks in water and seasoning so I will some juice to cook the turkey. My mother used to make lemon meringue pies, and pumpkin pies from scratch - but up to this year is was everything to take care of her and keep her out of the kitchen so I could take care of it. Sometime next year though I will get a few recipes and try a few before thanksgiving, so that I can adjust the recipe as needed. I still have wrap presents. My family has just never been big on yams or sweet potatos - not sure why though. I do make plenty of mashed potatoes and gravy with the rolls

Yams and sweet potatoes are disgusting, that's probably why. I would never eat either of them and thinking about them being in a pie is revolting. God Bless your mother, though.

Merry Christmas, sir.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yams and sweet potatoes are disgusting, that's probably why. I would never eat either of them and thinking about them being in a pie is revolting. God Bless your mother, though.

Merry Christmas, sir.

I have to tell you - I knew a woman in our church before she passed(she was 97 years old) who really made them taste good and I have never cared for them. I like the pumpkin pies and for the 6.99 - easy to buy and no work

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the best to you and your Mom TLF!! Merry Christmas!!

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Merry Christmas, sir.

I noticed that this was about the only kind of pie they had left at both Sams Club and the Kroger Bakery on the 24th.