• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

husky free Northwest

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NW is nowhere near just Purple
How many years in a row has WSU lost the apple cup? And by what margin? UW has won 7 of the last 8? Sure isn't much crimson in the NW. I mean maybe enough to cover the local liquor stores in Pullman. That's about it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years in a row has WSU lost the apple cup? And by what margin? UW has won 7 of the last 8? Sure isn't much crimson in the NW. I mean maybe enough to cover the local liquor stores in Pullman. That's about it.

Winning the AC means what? There are more WSU alumni in the Seattle Metro than Huskies. There are more bandwagon Huskies like Softy running around now that you guys are winning but your brethren were absent for quite awhile so the Ducks moved in and split the NW up even more.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the AC means what? There are more WSU alumni in the Seattle Metro than Huskies. There are more bandwagon Huskies like Softy running around now that you guys are winning but your brethren were absent for quite awhile so the Ducks moved in and split the NW up even more.
There is now, and always has been way more husky fans around than cougs. The reason there are some in this area is there are no jobs where they come from. There isn't shit to do in Eastern Wa and you know it.

Winning the AC decides who owns the state. I mean duh? :L Right now UW has the most recent wins against every other NW school, hence the color purple dominating the NW which was what you responded to.

Do put the bottle down long enough to keep up will ya? Then you can resume your normal activity level.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it meant a PAC North title. Washington St. had a chance to play Colorado for the PAC championship but they blew it at home vs UW.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!

SKOO DUCKS!!!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two teams enter the cage and one comes out victorious…the PAC12 after dark tonight is a beauty.

both team fans should be well lubricated by kickoff, the banter here alone will be well worth the price of admission tonight.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two teams enter the cage and one comes out victorious…the PAC12 after dark tonight is a beauty.

both team fans should be well lubricated by kickoff, the banter here alone will be well worth the price of admission tonight.

I, for one, will be well lit by game time.
Really hoping for a competitive game for at least a half.
Would be so much more fun if OD were here as well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, will be well lit by game time.
Really hoping for a competitive game for at least a half.
Would be so much more fun if OD were here as well.
Oh he'll poke in at half time telling you about adjustments and how much they are going to own the second half with lots of CAPS AND !!!!! Book it.

We want UW to push the run and don't expect it to pay off fully in the first half. Entirely fine with it being close. Guarantee he will mistake that for an opening.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he'll poke in at half time telling you about adjustments and how much they are going to own the second half with lots of CAPS AND !!!!! Book it.

We want UW to push the run and don't expect it to pay off fully in the first half. Entirely fine with it being close. Guarantee he will mistake that for an opening.

Oh, make no mistake. I wouldn’t take da Ducks for less than +31 tonight.
That doesn’t stop me from hoping it comes down to a questionable 4th down spot with under a minute to go.

I wanna see the Meltdown.
And then blame it on USC.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington-hate.jpg

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called spinning stats. If they can't beat you with mainstream information they find ways of manipulating data to make themselves feel better.

Attendance as a ratio to alum? That would require places for them to attend that was in the same ratio or it's an invalid data set.

They don't like overall attendance because Husky stadium holds more so of course they can't compete. They have more sell outs, but UW would obviously sell out every game as well if they only had room for 60k if they are going over that now.

So he's left with ratio of alum? :L

:laugh:
Wow - you don't get it. It's like NY City making fun of Raleigh NC that their viewership isn't close to theirs. Exaggerated to make a point. The Huskies have twice the amount of alumni and in a major city and Husky fans want to talk about attendance. The point of attendance vs alumni is valid. Oregon puts more fans in the seats % to alumni than UW and it's not even close.

Good luck tonight - though you don't need it.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a bunch of people that aren't duck alum that are near him say how much they like/respect the ducks. That's a large enough sample size to draw conclusions. People interacting with a duck fan directly.

:burt:

Go to twitter and other global social media outlets and it's a different story.

You can't ask 100 husky fans if they all like or hate anyone outside of the Pac. Say Ohio State or Bama. You won't find a universal consensus. Hard to draw any sort of larger picture from small sample sizes.

I'm sure there were fans outside of the Pac that pulled for the ducks as teams that haven't ever won anything typically find favor with a specific group that like underdogs. And we all know there were plenty that were not pulling for them for many reasons and a lot of them were individual interactions with SOME duck fans that were cocky jackasses. Like exist in every single fan base.

Duck fans/team for sure are not liked any more than whoever the next flavor of the week is.
Ive been to OU/UO (Norman) LSU/UO game, Mich/UO game, The National Championship game tOSU and tailgated pre and post games. All of those fan bases felt Oregon traveled well and was great fun. I looked up You Tube and first thing was the Tennessee fans saying Oregon was one of the best places they have been to a game and the fans were great. Obviously every fan base has a bad apple or two. My grandparents were made fun of in Husky stadium for wearing their BYU apparel. To each their own - not going to change your opinion.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens in this game, the loser has only USC to blame

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been to OU/UO (Norman) LSU/UO game, Mich/UO game, The National Championship game tOSU and tailgated pre and post games. All of those fan bases felt Oregon traveled well and was great fun. I looked up You Tube and first thing was the Tennessee fans saying Oregon was one of the best places they have been to a game and the fans were great. Obviously every fan base has a bad apple or two. My grandparents were made fun of in Husky stadium for wearing their BYU apparel. To each their own - not going to change your opinion.
A quick search on google brings up tons of duck fan hate. As it does for every base.

You can, and will see almost exclusively the ones that support your base. And it works that way for all schools.

I've been going to husky stadium since the 70's. I've never once seen an opposing fan be harassed or belittled outside of feeding them back their own when they are cocky and whatnot. Also always expected and nothing new. Duck fans? The worst I've ever seen in 40 years is some of our fans throwing pieces of bread at them and I've seen plenty that take it in stride and have seen a few try to catch the pieces and eat it. If opposing fans stop by our tailgate area we always offer a beer and at worst they might get a little rivalry taunting, but never anything mean. I've never heard a bad thing about UW fans in any of my travels either. There wasn't talk that I can remember of dawg fans being jerks in the 90's when they were on a run. It's a lot easier to be behaved when your team is riding high and you are having fun. It's when things go south you find how a base is. If you'd care to compare the 2008 UW fans to last years duck fans I'd be happy to get into that. You really wouldn't want to though.

Does my experiences mean there aren't jackass husky fans? Of course not. I have no doubt there are valid stories of rude behavior just as their is everywhere else. I have my own horror stories about duck fans including when they physically attacked my mother down there, but that doesn't mean every duck fan is an out of control asshole. I do know many people on both sides that agree it is in general safer to walk around Seattle wearing duck gear than it is to wear husky stuff down there.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oregon is the Florida of the west coast.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is now, and always has been way more husky fans around than cougs. The reason there are some in this area is there are no jobs where they come from. There isn't shit to do in Eastern Wa and you know it.

Winning the AC decides who owns the state. I mean duh? :L Right now UW has the most recent wins against every other NW school, hence the color purple dominating the NW which was what you responded to.

Do put the bottle down long enough to keep up will ya? Then you can resume your normal activity level.

Hmm, no jobs in Eastern Washington is kind of the point of going to school and cutting the cord from mommy unlike Huskies. You go get your degree then make money, UW grads either are doctors or lawyers around or they move. 9/10th of people in Washington that wear Purple for the past 2 years can't name a non sports building on the Muttlake campus..much like your argument against the Ducks.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, no jobs in Eastern Washington is kind of the point of going to school and cutting the cord from mommy unlike Huskies. You go get your degree then make money, UW grads either are doctors or lawyers around or they move. 9/10th of people in Washington that wear Purple for the past 2 years can't name a non sports building on the Muttlake campus..much like your argument against the Ducks.
First of all, I never said a word about duck fans in general not having gone to the school. I made one joke about OD and I actually believe that was the truth as that's what someone close to him told me. You bet there are lots of UW fans that didn't go to the school. As there is with every major program. Why would anyone go out of their way to watch shitty football unless they went there?

Second, most of the cougs I'm aware of are teachers. They come over here because there aren't many schools in eastern WA. If you really believe the majority of UW grads are doctors or lawyers I'm guessing you haven't ever even been on campus, more or less have any idea what the major studies are. I mean MicroSoft and boeing are nearby, but by golly we aren't going to do anything to staff those major industries in our backyard. :L There's a big reason why Seattle's housing market and tech sector is insanely high and UW feeds a tremendous amount of it.

Still funny you want to make this about you. This is a thread about UW/Duck hate week and the lil coug feels all left out.