• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

husky free Northwest

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. They've got nothing on the Florida football team, they aren't far behind as far as just being a state full of weirdos in general though.

Yeah but when Florida goes out and hires "Chipper" OD is gonna have to move!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 168906

with OC JS, i suppose your onto sumptin here…guess @AlaskaGuy is right that Cal OC Baldwin is Oregon State's to have as a HC.
UW clearly had the better athletes in this game. However they didn't score 38 because JS is some guru. They did so on the backs of that skill discrepancy. Most of those big runs were simply Gaskin and Ahmed more than a designed play to get them open.

What you notice that stands out with UW's offense is the lack of creativity which used to be the hallmark of Petersen's offense at Boise before JS. They don't use a lot of misdirection or otherwise try to confuse the defense. A lot of their running plays specifically just look high school level in their design.

JS has at times gotten into a good rhythm and does at times utilize the play action and passing game to good effect, but I really don't trust him to lead the running game and frankly it baffles me we are in the position.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW clearly had the better athletes in this game. However they didn't score 38 because JS is some guru. They did so on the backs of that skill discrepancy. Most of those big runs were simply Gaskin and Ahmed more than a designed play to get them open.

What you notice that stands out with UW's offense is the lack of creativity which used to be the hallmark of Petersen's offense at Boise before JS. They don't use a lot of misdirection or otherwise try to confuse the defense. A lot of their running plays specifically just look high school level in their design.

JS has at times gotten into a good rhythm and does at times utilize the play action and passing game to good effect, but I really don't trust him to lead the running game and frankly it baffles me we are in the position.
The play calling was pretty creative last night. Just about every big play on the ground was the result of misdirection.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. They've got nothing on the Florida football team, they aren't far behind as far as just being a state full of weirdos in general though.
I didn't see any sort of conflict of any kind in the crowd or outside the game with duck fans. They were in general far more subdued than the last couple of times they came to Montlake.

However, it was easy as shit to pick them out even when they weren't wearing their colors. I mean we have weird and eccentric people in our area, but there were a slew of what looked like metrosexual meets lumberjack meets emo kind of people all over. Very distinctive.

Again, I'll say all were very well behaved. I talked to a few, told several that left early in the 3rd to drive safely. I sit on an isle and had a couple of them talk to me or high five me as they went by.

Clearly they are a different bunch when they don't have the cocky arrogance they had for the last decade.

Oh, and since you were there did you do your duty and piss on a rubber duck? Was happy to see every fucking urinal in our restroom having a duck to piss on.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaved 30% off the margin of last year's loss.

Good work, Ducks! At this pace, you'll be down to losing by 2 TDs in 3 more years!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see any sort of conflict of any kind in the crowd or outside the game with duck fans. They were in general far more subdued than the last couple of times they came to Montlake.

However, it was easy as shit to pick them out even when they weren't wearing their colors. I mean we have weird and eccentric people in our area, but there were a slew of what looked like metrosexual meets lumberjack meets emo kind of people all over. Very distinctive.

Again, I'll say all were very well behaved. I talked to a few, told several that left early in the 3rd to drive safely. I sit on an isle and had a couple of them talk to me or high five me as they went by.

Clearly they are a different bunch when they don't have the cocky arrogance they had for the last decade.

Oh, and since you were there did you do your duty and piss on a rubber duck? Was happy to see every fucking urinal in our restroom having a duck to piss on.
Yeah, pissing on ducks has become a favorite pastime of mine. It's just awesome to do it feeling like their fans felt for way too long, where you just kick back there's no question who the better team is.

I had that thought, since their streak started, this rivalry has turned into a weird non-rivalry kind of rivalry. Usually rivalry games are up in the air regardless of record and all that, this one has really been the better team wins how they should since the early 2000s.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet the husky record has only 1 loss.
Again, I don't think he's bad at dealing with the passing game, or at least not always.

He at times seems slow to adapt. They never did adapt to what ASU was doing to that offense. When they found they weren't blitzing the way the game plan was setup for they should have changed their strategy and simply didn't.

The run game has been simply broken for much of the year. It should be able to break the backs of nearly any team and at times is entirely absent, more or less not entirely effective.

Winning doesn't mean your play caller was world class and losing doesn't always mean they sucked. I'm going off what I see and what I see of other college offenses. UW doesn't use enough misdirection and doesn't use enough lead blocking. I mean seriously with this lines experience they should be able to pull a guard and hit angles and they just don't do much of it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling was pretty creative last night. Just about every big play on the ground was the result of misdirection.
There's a difference between a double reverse and misdirection, but yes they had a few examples of it which really really pisses me off to be honest. If they do have those plays, why on earth are they used so infrequently?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run game has been simply broken for much of the year. It should be able to break the backs of nearly any team and at times is entirely absent, more or less not entirely effective.

i always say the run game is a product of the pass game efficiency. You boys are just fine and sit in the drivers seat again this year. Nice beatdown on Oregon last night, i feel asleep at halftime. That's a great sign.

enjoy the ride.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always say the run game is a product of the pass game efficiency. You boys are just fine and sit in the drivers seat again this year. Nice beatdown on Oregon last night, i feel asleep at halftime. That's a great sign.

enjoy the ride.
He has to earn his pay this Friday. That offense hasn't been stellar on the road and now he's got a short week to get them up to beating Stanford at their house.

Stanford hasn't lost a game at home this year and their closest margin was a 10pt win against ASU.

This is no trivial task.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Washington you're next! Oregon came off a great win yesterday without their starting QB and now the focus is aimed at the fuskies of Washington.

This shapes out well for Oregon. Washington is all bummed out that their 1 loss is keeping them out of the playoff race and Oregon is starting to click and get things together. Don't worry Washington, after the Ducks give you your second loss you'll officially realize you aren't going to the playoffs this year.
:pound:

All signs point to Herbert starting. He was actually medically cleared moments before kickoff vs Utah.
Attempted misdirection by Tags that didn't work. Congrats on that.
GONNA SCORE!!
Well to be fair you didn't say they would score TD's so 3 points is a score. :laugh:
Why does Oregon win? Because our rush defense is one of the best in the conference and Washington cant throw the football so good luck pups trying to run on us!
Oh yeah? How'd that work out for you?

:rofl:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough, just don't move the goalposts again if he delivers this coming friday.
I've given him props on games I think he's managed well. I don't have an agenda for him to fail at all.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah? How'd that work out for you?

:rofl:

It worked out like this, one team had 204 passing yards and a couple passing touchdowns, the other had 31 passing yards, no touchdowns (at all) and threw an interception the only time they tried to throw it more than 3 yards down field. :laugh:

He was right, just about the wrong team.