• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskers need this for a National Championship

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes even Bill Belichick doesn't have a clue why he can't get his team to play the way he wants them to. Usually when that's the case he has found that the common thread between all of his less than stellar teams is a lack of will and desire.

It's not some shocking horrible answer. It's on the players. It's not just talent, it's not just coaching, it's an attitude and these guys clearly didn't have it. They needed to be put in a hole to find motivation and when the hole got just a little too big or they feel like they were wronged by a bad call they just gave up.

Too many times I saw Taylor get slammed to the turf and stood over while his teammates just stood there and did nothing about it. That's an ATTITUDE PROBLEM. We need more players (specifically on defense) with a nasty streak in them.

I'm not talking about talking trash or dancing around like a punk before the snap like Stafford did all the time. I'm talking about guys who want to absolutely destroy the guy opposite them whether it's 0-0 or 100-0.

This team needs to grow a pair.

Yud think with the bro's we've had in there tearing it up on D the past 3 years they'd know how to act, however this year there wasn't to many leading by example so they all just ran around in circles waving their arms about.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Taylor got the shit kicked out of him and the oline did nothing.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Sometimes even Bill Belichick doesn't have a clue why he can't get his team to play the way he wants them to. Usually when that's the case he has found that the common thread between all of his less than stellar teams is a lack of will and desire.

It's not some shocking horrible answer. It's on the players. It's not just talent, it's not just coaching, it's an attitude and these guys clearly didn't have it. They needed to be put in a hole to find motivation and when the hole got just a little too big or they feel like they were wronged by a bad call they just gave up.

Too many times I saw Taylor get slammed to the turf and stood over while his teammates just stood there and did nothing about it. That's an ATTITUDE PROBLEM. We need more players (specifically on defense) with a nasty streak in them.

I'm not talking about talking trash or dancing around like a punk before the snap like Stafford did all the time. I'm talking about guys who want to absolutely destroy the guy opposite them whether it's 0-0 or 100-0.

This team needs to grow a pair.

Did you ever think, maybe the linemen don't like the introvert?
I don't think it's an attitude problem, I think it's a :finger: Taylor problem.

I don't know if any of you recall, but there was a game (I don't remember which one) this season with 20 some odd seconds left in the half. The Offensive line was down in their stance and Taylor was doing the clapping thing, he looked to sideline and then left the line in their stance and took off for the locker room. Taylor got about 20-30 feet away before a tackle stood up and looked over his shoulder to see what was going on, only to see Taylor walking away from his linemen. At that point the tackle motioned to the rest and they headed toward the locker.
It may seem like a small instance, but it's part of the problem.
If your line doesn't respect you and you respect them, they are going to give the bird and hang you out to dry.
As a team the linemen come first.

Just my opinion

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a "fuck you taylor" problem like you say, then why was he the first Husker to be unanimously voted a team captain since bo has been here?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever think, maybe the linemen don't like the introvert?
I don't think it's an attitude problem, I think it's a :finger: Taylor problem.

I don't know if any of you recall, but there was a game (I don't remember which one) this season with 20 some odd seconds left in the half. The Offensive line was down in their stance and Taylor was doing the clapping thing, he looked to sideline and then left the line in their stance and took off for the locker room. Taylor got about 20-30 feet away before a tackle stood up and looked over his shoulder to see what was going on, only to see Taylor walking away from his linemen. At that point the tackle motioned to the rest and they headed toward the locker.
It may seem like a small instance, but it's part of the problem.
If your line doesn't respect you and you respect them, they are going to give the bird and hang you out to dry.
As a team the linemen come first.

Just my opinion

Uhhhh quarterbacks head straight for the locker room immediately before anyone else all of the fucking time.

If there was anything to read into that it's that he was looking to show a tendency so they can do the fake walk off, RB direct snap trick play at some point later on.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
If it's a "fuck you taylor" problem like you say, then why was he the first Husker to be unanimously voted a team captain since bo has been here?

:noidea:

I don't know when that happened.

I'm just throwin' out my thoughts here, I'm not sayin' that's it, but it would explain why nobody comes to his aid.

Just my perception.... and I could be way off base.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Uhhhh quarterbacks head straight for the locker room immediately before anyone else all of the fucking time.

If there was anything to read into that it's that he was looking to show a tendency so they can do the fake walk off, RB direct snap trick play at some point later on.

Ok Captain Defendo.......... You run with that...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just throwin' out my thoughts here, I'm not sayin' that's it, but it would explain why nobody comes to his aid.

As could I. Don't take it the wrong way, I respect your opinion sir.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome pic CT !!!

GBR

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Similar thoughts ran through my head, in isolated cases. For the most part though it looked like from my view to be just basic sloth/poor conditioning and very poor technique, when they get beat, often, everybody just mope's around. Tenopir, on record, has stated as much.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Similar thoughts ran through my head, in isolated cases. For the most part though it looked like from my view to be just basic sloth/poor conditioning and very poor technique, when they get beat, often, everybody just mope's around. Tenopir, on record, has stated as much.

^^^ This would explain the poor pass protection. :agree:

Too many times I saw Taylor get slammed to the turf and stood over while his teammates just stood there and did nothing about it.

But it does not explain this ^^^ :wtf2:

Even when the offense is on sideline they don't gather around Taylor. Even a sloth would have time to gather around as often as our defense was on the field.
I don't know, maybe it's the NU / new way.

Watching the A&M vs OU game, you saw Johnny M. setting with his linemen, granted things were going their way, if that would make a difference.

Nice Picture by the way.... :thumb:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no leadership really, Tito will be a senior, doesn't mean he's a leader even by default. They need someone to get in their ass, on the field and off. They're at a disadvantage as is with the current coaching of the Line.