• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Husker Shootin the Breeze Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course in these modern days where nobody has a sense of humor, you'd probably be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another group of guys snuck into a commonly disliked teachers class after school, took a ceiling tile down and shaved the edges so it would barely hold in place, and put chicken feed on it. The next day they let a couple chickens loose in the ceiling from the janitors closeet down the hall. When the chickens found the feed they were too heavy for the ceiling tile and fell through into the classroom.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad started driving truck when he was 14 years old.

So him and his buddies got the bright idea to take some trash bags and fill them full of sloppy pig shit and then take them into the school and break them all over the walls.

They never got caught.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is flagrantly false and it is the insurance industry that propogates it. I checked with a friend who is a lawyer.
First the insurance company's responsibility is to assess the damage and pay you for it. That is now your money and you can do with it as you see fit.
Second just like the insurance company is free to negotiate a deal at less then the assessed value so are you. The only thing is they have toconvince you to go to their repairer to get their discount while you are free to go anywhere you please.

The one catch is the deductible should come off the top then the discount is given as a rebate. This is a completely legal negotiation.
i think i might have just misunderstood your post. If the job is going to cost $6000 and your deductible is $500. the insurance company should give you $5,500. If the repairer wants to offer you a discount of $500 so you only owe him $5,000 that's fine and what you described. However if the repairer inflates his repair costs to $6500 to make up the "discount", that my friend is fraud.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if i get a quote from shop A (fancy bells and whistles shop) and they write me a check for $5,500 (6,000-500); however, I go to shop B to get it fixed for $2500?

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys and girls. Two little league games this weekend, Heart walk and help a buddy move. I need a weekend from the weekend.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys and girls. Two little league games this weekend, Heart walk and help a buddy move. I need a weekend from the weekend.

Don't forget yard work. LOL.

Good luck on your boy's baseball.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget yard work. LOL.

Good luck on your boy's baseball.

My neighbor doing the yard work the next two months. Keeping his 4 wheeler in my garage til he moves into his new place.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My neighbor doing the yard work the next two months. Keeping his 4 wheeler in my garage til he moves into his new place.

That there is a sweet deal. :thumb:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit...east stadium is incredible. pics to come, but i don't think i'm supposed to post any so they will be on the group page.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, very nice pics indeed, sir!!

Thanks for sharing!

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a new toy yesterday....

I got an ASUS touch screen ultra book.....it's pretty sweet, but I'm still not sold on windows 8 though......still trying to figure it out.....I've never had to buy a book on how to use any windows OS yet, but I might have to see if the library has something on it.....Not surprisingly, I find myself using "desktop" mode the most right now.....running IE from the regular tile launcher and looking at the hoop the imbedded you tube videos don't show up.....If I go to desktop and launch IE there everything shows up like it should......I'm going to download chrome later tonight anyways but I found it odd that IE behaves differently depending on where you launch it from.....:noidea:

Any of you guys running Windows 8?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got a new toy yesterday....

I got an ASUS touch screen ultra book.....it's pretty sweet, but I'm still not sold on windows 8 though......still trying to figure it out.....I've never had to buy a book on how to use any windows OS yet, but I might have to see if the library has something on it.....Not surprisingly, I find myself using "desktop" mode the most right now.....running IE from the regular tile launcher and looking at the hoop the imbedded you tube videos don't show up.....If I go to desktop and launch IE there everything shows up like it should......I'm going to download chrome later tonight anyways but I found it odd that IE behaves differently depending on where you launch it from.....:noidea:

Any of you guys running Windows 8?

Try this:

Make sure that the necessary Add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer ”Silverlight, Flash and Java”.

a) Open Internet Explorer in the classic view.
b) Click on tools, Internet Options and Programs tab.
c) Click on Manage add-ons.
d) Check if Flash and Silverlight is enabled.

Get all latest updates.

If not, I may have another possible solution. But you should use Chrome or Firefox as your default browser, IMO. IE is just terrible.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^my school uses Asus transformer primes. They are the biggest pieces of shit ever

LOL

I have one of those too and have been very pleased with it, one of the reasons I decided to purchase this ultrabook....

Are they the older ones? It took ASUS a couple of tries before they got the tablets to work the way they are supposed to before I would buy one.....I just got mine about a year ago and it was the new model that fixed all the issues they had with the track pad and crappy wifi performance.......

Granted, I don't try to use a tablet as some sort of actual laptop and do much with it....it's running android.....it's meant for web browsing and consuming media......it's not meant for writing reports and shit......

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or:

It's basically because MS decided to create a whitelist for approved Flash websites in IE10.

YouTube is approved, but when YouTube is embedded, the site that embeds it is not necessarily approved on the whitelist.

Follow this article to approve your own version of a whitelist How To Use Flash on Any Website in Modern Internet Explorer 10

Hope something here helps.