• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Husker Shootin the Breeze Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time a lienholder has to do anything is if the adjuster totals the vehicle. The lien woukd have to be paid off in that case.

The insurance company will give you the option in that case.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there were some golfball size, but mostly ping-pong ball.

The adjuster estimated $6200

Oh my sweet Jesus......

Forget about having a perfect looking pickup.........pocket thee cash sir. 6200 covers a lot of other expenses. Maybe even a nice vacation or 2 as well.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my sweet Jesus......

Forget about having a perfect looking pickup.........pocket thee cash sir. 6200 covers a lot of other expenses. Maybe even a nice vacation or 2 as well.

From the other discussion, it sounds like he can only pocket the cash if he actually owns the truck......

So RA, do you own the truck or are you still paying on it?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My car got it bad last year. They tried the dentless route but some were too deep. Had to replace the hood and all the trim including the piece around the sun roof which meant the sun roof had to be pulled.

I got the guy to discount my deductible too. He didn't want to because he is contracted to State Farm and takes it in the shorts from them. I told him I understand if he wants to negotiate a contract with them to get the business but that doesn't have anything to do with me. Told him there were plenty of places that weren't sold out to the insurance companies and if he couldn't do it I would just take it to one of them.

He did it which I suspect may be the reason all my trim had to be replaced.

As for pocketing it I owed but I still couldn't do it. It would drive me nuts to see all those dings on the hood every time I drove it.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time a lienholder has to do anything is if the adjuster totals the vehicle. The lien woukd have to be paid off in that case.

The insurance company will give you the option in that case.
Ahh... I just assumed the adjuster had totaled it.

What I've seen with hail damage is its most often totaled.... then again people with nice cars usually have them in garages.

I wish I had a garage not filled with children's out door toys.... and a nice car. :plotting:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work in insurance and I know that pocketing insurance money and not fixing your car is allowed. As others have said, if you own the car it's your money. If the bank owns the car it usually varies by bank. My car was totaled back in 2002 when I was at college. I was still paying off the loan through a hometown bank. they let us have the money and my parents bought a car for my sister with it. I had to live with the dents.
I got the guy to discount my deductible too. He didn't want to because he is contracted to State Farm and takes it in the shorts from them. I told him I understand if he wants to negotiate a contract with them to get the business but that doesn't have anything to do with me. Told him there were plenty of places that weren't sold out to the insurance companies and if he couldn't do it I would just take it to one of them.
this however is insurance fraud. one of the most common ones in the industry. I'm a little suprised the insurance company didn't catch it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got shrooms

Ha ha

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the other discussion, it sounds like he can only pocket the cash if he actually owns the truck......

So RA, do you own the truck or are you still paying on it?

I own it, but I know people that have loans and got similar damage. The lending bank just signed the check over to them.

If the adjuster totals your vehicle, the insurance company gives you the option of buying it back. For instance they'll give you $4000 if you buy it back, or $9,000 if you buy a new one. This happened to two people I know who had 2004's.

Mine is an 09' so they didn't total it. They paid for a new hood, new roof, new windshield and some body work/paint on the fenders, bed, doors etc..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

You?? Crazy. Have fun sir!

LOL...Not the psychedelic ones mang

These

20090513-morels.jpg

I haven't done the funny ones in decades..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOOD FIGHT!!!!!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they still bring the shaving cream to schools and spray everything down?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at beattie, we used to wear white tshirts and have every sign them on the last day. This one girl wore a pretty nice blue shirt to school that day and I wrote kick me on it. I still feel bad about that.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we do is all the seniors gather in the senior hallway (where all of our lockers are) and create a senior stampede. We all just run down the hallway screaming all at once....last year a teacher got trampled....I almost did, I had to jump in to a classroom to avoid it

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't even sound legal for a school to allow that to happen or somethin

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning All.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this however is insurance fraud. one of the most common ones in the industry. I'm a little suprised the insurance company didn't catch it.

This is flagrantly false and it is the insurance industry that propogates it. I checked with a friend who is a lawyer.
First the insurance company's responsibility is to assess the damage and pay you for it. That is now your money and you can do with it as you see fit.
Second just like the insurance company is free to negotiate a deal at less then the assessed value so are you. The only thing is they have toconvince you to go to their repairer to get their discount while you are free to go anywhere you please.

The one catch is the deductible should come off the top then the discount is given as a rebate. This is a completely legal negotiation.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we do is all the seniors gather in the senior hallway (where all of our lockers are) and create a senior stampede. We all just run down the hallway screaming all at once....last year a teacher got trampled....I almost did, I had to jump in to a classroom to avoid it

Weak.

We went out the night before the last day and took every for sale sign we could find out of front yards and stuck them in the ground in front of the school. There were about 60 of them. The following morning was interesting to say the least. :tape: