• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Husker Shootin the Breeze Thread

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB doesn't want to host another WS in Detroit, I had money on Boston, there was some real bad shit called in that game albeit

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA why are all of your posts getting thumbed down? :lol:

LOL

B-one-G stalkers.

Like a thumbs down means something :L

3tqjdn.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently SECHATER12 (Michigan fan) doesn't like me passing on information for a Jimmy Johns customer appreciation day. :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it on CFB forum.

Regarding UCLA and Michigan's home/home agreement for 2022/2023

I doubt either coach is still with their program when the first game of this series is played. Hopefully both are good programs at that time.
eaterfan is a UCLA fan.

I replied
I agree with you. Mora will have moved on to the NFL and Hoke will have been fired.
SECHATER (Michigan Fan) gave it a thumbs down.

Then "jalopy" (another Michigan fan) replied to a ND fan.

Could be worse. Michigan could follow ND's footsteps into obscurity in everyone's mind but their own. Any idea what conference(s) your institution will be affiliated with in 9 years?

And I replied

Yeah. ND should be in awe of those B-one-G Legends Division titles Michigan has.

SECHATER gave that a thumbs down too. Then proceeded to come over here and thumbs down all of my posts. :lol:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Omaha added a 2.5% "Occupational Tax" aka the "Restaurant Tax" in 2010.

It costs me $550 a year to put plates on my 2009 pickup.

Of course we have the State Income Tax as well and property taxes through the roof.

Speaking of property taxes. 84% of my house taxes goes towards schools! I guess they need those extra dollars to pay for the anchor babies schooling, that their "illegal" parents aren't paying for!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of property taxes. 84% of my house taxes goes towards schools! I guess they need those extra dollars to pay for the anchor babies schooling, that their "illegal" parents aren't paying for!

My property taxes doubled about 10 years ago when my acreage got annexed by Omaha. They were about $1400/yr at the time and went up to $2800.

The only thing I gained by being annexed is trash pick up, which at the time I was paying a private company $12/month for trash service. The private company woould take anything I put out there, even a couch. The city service won't take anything that isn't in a clear or white garbage bag, and yard waste has to be labeled yard waste. I'm on septic and have my own well, so I gained nothing there in the form of city services.

When challenged as to why my property taxes went up so much for mere trash service, they replied "you drive on our roads don't you?". I said that's what my $550/year wheel tax is for. She then replied it's for city police/fire service (I was previously county sheriff/fire service).

My property taxes have increased at least 3 times since then.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is that a BALLOON Buzz Lightyear??

OMG, the time and patience to make that. Plus, how many balloons popped and made my ears ring.

If I was there and saw him doing that, one safety pin or one sewing needle.

LOL I'm sure these would be scrapping words to this fella!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My property taxes doubled about 10 years ago when my acreage got annexed by Omaha. They were about $1400/yr at the time and went up to $2800.

The only thing I gained by being annexed is trash pick up, which at the time I was paying a private company $12/month for trash service. The private company woould take anything I put out there, even a couch. The city service won't take anything that isn't in a clear or white garbage bag, and yard waste has to be labeled yard waste. I'm on septic and have my own well, so I gained nothing there in the form of city services.

When challenged as to why my property taxes went up so much for mere trash service, they replied "you drive on our roads don't you?". I said that's what my $550/year wheel tax is for. She then replied it's for city police/fire service (I was previously county sheriff/fire service).

My property taxes have increased at least 3 times since then.

This certainly is another example of "EXORBITANT" taxation! When paying my house taxes one time, I said, "for exorbitant house taxes" on my check! lol

What percentage of your house taxes goes just towards schools?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly is another example of "EXORBITANT" taxation! When paying my house taxes one time, I said, "for exorbitant house taxes" on my check! lol

What percentage of your house taxes goes just towards schools?

I don't recall. The city has moved past me now, so they've built a lot of housing subdivisions w/ new schools around.

There was a valuator at my place last summer poking around, taking pictures, and asking questions about the inside of my house. I expect my property taxes to go up again next year.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody on here have Directv? I'm sick of paying up the a$$ for my cable and am ready to make the switch. Is it worth it? Positives? Negatives? Is it really cheaper or does it all add up in the end?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody on here have Directv? I'm sick of paying up the a$$ for my cable and am ready to make the switch. Is it worth it? Positives? Negatives? Is it really cheaper or does it all add up in the end?

I have DishNet and prefer it to both TWC and DirecTV

only problem was not having ESPNU HD recently for that one Husker game :mad:

It's cheaper than DirecTV and their new Hopper deal is fantastic

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have DishNet and prefer it to both TWC and DirecTV

only problem was not having ESPNU HD recently for that one Husker game :mad:

It's cheaper than DirecTV and their new Hopper deal is fantastic

You don't have ESPNU? I guess I have it because I have the Sports Pack. Have to have it to get BTN outside the Big Ten footprint.

It's the only provider besides DTV I can get it from too.

My opinion? I would go cable if I could. The rain outs are for real and always at the worst time.

You can play them usually though. Tell them "I need to cut back on my spending and DTV offered me such and such. What can you guys do?"

If you pay on time and have been with them for a few years they'll usually give you a discount. If the CSR can't give you anything or you don't think it is enough ask to talk to the customer retention dept.

edit: I am paying $131 for HD on tvs in 5 rooms, DVR 2 of them (1 receiver), 250 channel pack and sports pack. It's nice when promo but probably about the same as cable after.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have ESPNU? I guess I have it because I have the Sports Pack. Have to have it to get BTN outside the Big Ten footprint.

It's the only provider besides DTV I can get it from too.

My opinion? I would go cable if I could. The rain outs are for real and always at the worst time.

You can play them usually though. Tell them "I need to cut back on my spending and DTV offered me such and such. What can you guys do?"

If you pay on time and have been with them for a few years they'll usually give you a discount. If the CSR can't give you anything or you don't think it is enough ask to talk to the customer retention dept.

He has it, but not in High Definition (HD)

I'm thinking of dumping my cable company as well.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, there was a TN game on ESPN2 last week I think.

It was standard def and I couldn't watch it. It had to be more than just standard it looked like it was shot with a 1990's web cam.

HD for sports is definitely a lot better.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, Dish here too. also no ESPNU in HD. I just changed the formatting on the TV and it made it more bearable.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just the espnu thats no HD

Also with the dish anywhere app, you can watch any tv channel from computer or phone, avoids weather probs

I had more weather blackouts with TWC than i ever have with either sat provider tho