• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HUGE win, but another crucial game coming up

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not understate last night's game. That was not just a W over an arch rival divisional opponent, it was a formal announcement to the rest of the league that the Bears are to be taken seriously this year. Hell, we may not even make the playoffs unless we continue to win games, but at least the rest of the NFL now knows, if it hadn't already, what we as fans have been saying all season - that this team is for real. Led by what may now be considered the best overall defense in the NFL, we're a team to be reckoned with. But we have to keep the pedal on the metal.

And speaking of which, this T-Day game carries a great deal more of importance than perhaps a lot of us felt when the 2018 schedule was initially released. I never like the Bears playing on T-Day, and like it even less than when it's the Lions who we face. They have nothing to lose and even tho they're technically still in the playoff hunt, in all reality they're out of it. So T-Day is their Super Bowl. We're going to have to bring our best game to take this one.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are banged up.

By no means, a game to overlook, and I don't think they will.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played an inspired game against the Panthers yesterday and as I alluded in this initial thread, T-Day is often their Super Bowl, and especially so when they're not in the playoff hunt. Talent-wise, I think we have them on both sides of the ball, but T-Day is T-Day to them, so I think this could end up being a nail biter.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played an inspired game against the Panthers yesterday and as I alluded in this initial thread, T-Day is often their Super Bowl, and especially so when they're not in the playoff hunt. Talent-wise, I think we have them on both sides of the ball, but T-Day is T-Day to them, so I think this could end up being a nail biter.
I agree. I think now that everyone has seen the Bears dominate a game against a good opponent on a national stage, it's a perfect time for people to overlook a Lions team desperate to defend their home turf against a team that embarrassed them just a week ago.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay is going to make a big difference. We're not just gonna roll over them as easily on offense. We'll just have to see how it goes.

People are saying we have a weak strength of schedule, but the reality is that half our schedule is the rest of the division, which are never easy. NYG and SF are games that outsiders are gonna slate in as dubs for us, but they are both on the road. So we have to take care of business. And obviously Rams at home is f*cking huge. Especially if we win vs. Lions and Giants and they lose one between now and then.

4-2 in our next 6 should be our reasonable expectation. 5-1 or 6-0 would be stellar. 3-3 would be somewhat of a letdown, but mitigated by the fact that we would have a playoff berth. 0-6, 1-5 or 2-4 would all be colossal disasters and make the early offseason (before moving on to 2019) miserable as hell.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, Slay will be back and that helps, they lost Johnson, their starting RB to a sprained knee. He was arguably, their best Offensive weapon not named Stafford.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, Slay will be back and that helps, they lost Johnson, their starting RB to a sprained knee. He was arguably, their best Offensive weapon not named Stafford.
Kerryon Johnson is legit. Losing him is a big loss for what they want to be doing. We'll probably see a lot of Theo Riddick, either because we'll be leading or because they know they can't slam LeGarrette Blount into the brick wall we'll be putting up for him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I hadn't checked the post game med report on the Lions. I was doing a lot of channel flipping Sunday afternoon, but what I saw in that game, he was killing it against the Panthers. Yes, assuming he's out, that's a mega loss for the Lions offense.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a slam dunk for the bears but i think the bears would have to play down quite a bit to lose this one (just like the panthers did yesterday) ... i think the Bears have some good momentum right now, should finish the season about 11-5 and win the NFCN and have the #3 seed hosting a wild card game

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us losing at all.....Even tho as LAD pointed out,T-day is Detroit's Super Bowl,we just came of a big big win where I see Nagy uses that game to keep our players focused so we don't have a big let down.....34-10.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports that Trubisky injured his right shoulder. Would not have practiced today, had they had practice.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Trubisky's status for this game?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very worried that we have a let down here...

I mean, think about the build up to that game and all of the energy which went into it. I understand that these guys are professionals - but it's human nature to have a sigh of relief.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I nuts for thinking it's okay rest him and play Daniel if he's really hurt?
No. Not at all. I thought the exact same thing. Especially if it's something that can be fully healed by our next game, or by contrast, be more seriously injured by playing Thursday.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I nuts for thinking it's okay rest him and play Daniel if he's really hurt?
No. Not at all. I thought the exact same thing. Especially if it's something that can be fully healed by our next game, or by contrast, be more seriously injured by playing Thursday.
I'm with both of you guys. This is Trubisky's throwing shoulder. It needs to be as close to 100% as possible. If not, go with Daniels.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Plus, I saw enough from Daniel in the pre-season and his two starts in KC to believe that he can sufficiently run this offense well enough to beat Detroit. We do not want to hear bad news about Trubisky today... However, if this is just a short term thing. It's really not Earth shattering. The team SHOULD move along through Detroit and New York (if necessary) just fine.