• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howie Tipping His Hand?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, relax. He may turn out to be great, but so far, I think he's overrated. I won't bet because some have him rated too high. So, yes, he may be picked in the top 15. i just don't want him @ #8.

I'm just messing around duke ... but I do think he will do very well in the pro's after pro coaches get a hold of him.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that bet Rey...10-1 odds? So i bet ya $100 and you lose you prepared to pay me a Grand? :suds:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that bet Rey...10-1 odds? So i bet ya $100 and you lose you prepared to pay me a Grand? :suds:

Wrong way ... lol

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a chance, but most think he'll be in the 20's ... 10 to 1 chance he gets drafter in the top 15 means low odds wingman :) That's why he's my dark horse.

But back on topic ... here's Roseman on RB

We studied this. There’s this narrative that you can get running backs in the fifth, sixth, seventh rounds and undrafted free agency, but when you look back at the last ten years and the guys who were in the top 10 in rushing, those guys are high picks. When you find a special guy at that position – a guy who can run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball out of the backfield – that’s a unique weapon. So I don’t think the position is devalued. Talking to Doug, obviously we come from the same school of Andy (Reid) and what he can do with those kinds of guys. Obviously we have them in Ryan and Darren, but when you really look at it, and I had some time over the fall to do that, you see that it is hard to get guys later and the top guys are coveted."

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a chance, but most think he'll be in the 20's ... 10 to 1 chance he gets drafter in the top 15 means low odds wingman :) That's why he's my dark horse.

But back on topic ... here's Roseman on RB

We studied this. There’s this narrative that you can get running backs in the fifth, sixth, seventh rounds and undrafted free agency, but when you look back at the last ten years and the guys who were in the top 10 in rushing, those guys are high picks. When you find a special guy at that position – a guy who can run the ball, pass protect and catch the ball out of the backfield – that’s a unique weapon. So I don’t think the position is devalued. Talking to Doug, obviously we come from the same school of Andy (Reid) and what he can do with those kinds of guys. Obviously we have them in Ryan and Darren, but when you really look at it, and I had some time over the fall to do that, you see that it is hard to get guys later and the top guys are coveted."

lmao... who is talking about getting running backs in the 5th, 6th and 7th???

The Reid way... was to use the 3rd... a big difference.

I firmly believe that Howie wants to pick int he top 10. But I honestly like the idea of trading back a tad.. getting our OT/CB... and getting a 1st round pick next year for it. We can bundle 2 1st round picks next year to get high once again, possibly greater than 8, and get a true franchise quarterback when the time is right and after we have seen another year of Bradford. a 15 and a 17 gets you a 3rd pick overall in value chart evaluations. That's with no player loss.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with selecting beast mode part 2 in rd 3

It's about time you began to make sense. When you can get something like this in the 3rd, why would you waste a 1st on it??

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ansah had played a lot less ball than Ogbah right?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ansah had played a lot less ball than Ogbah right?

Ansah played very little in college ... didn't play full time till his senior season and ended up with 4.5 sacks. Ogbah has the same athletic ability and 10 yard explosion but has 26.5 career sacks in 3 years. Ansah was picked with the 5th pick in the 2013 draft based on pure potential ... that's why I think Ogbah certainly has a chance to go in the top 15. It's a very good DE class though ... especially in Rd 1 & 2.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This new Howie might be harder to read than we think. I still go by how they are operating. Who they have met with, who they meet with. Interesting that the only guy I can see that could be a top 10 pick that they met with is Paxton Lynch and for the most part his stock has "fallen" . They also met with Mackensie Alexander who I don't consider top 10 guy but more of a top 15 guy. Not sure they traded up to take a guy who might possibly be there at 13.

What they say from now until after the draft is all smoke screens in my opinion

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch will still be a 1st round pick, may Denver @ #31?