• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard Did Not Want To Play With D'antoni Or Kobe

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not Magic logic, it's your logic!! And if titles don't matter (more JD logic) then why would he ever leave Cleveland? After all, according to you, he could have stayed in Cleveland, won zero titles and still end up the GOAT!!
Magic's logic "rings are all that matters".......McHale > DR. J

I already stated why he left Cleveland

Never once implied that would be the case. But according to Magic....Vinny Johnson > Mo Cheeks

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic's logic "rings are all that matters".......McHale > DR. J

I already stated why he left Cleveland

Never once implied that would be the case. But according to Magic....Vinny Johnson > Mo Cheeks

Now you're just being a troll!! It's already been explained to you ad nauseum as to what Magic was talking about!!

You used to be a pretty solid poster too!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have clarified the all-time statement for JD. He apparently had a hard time understanding. If Lebron never won a championship, he wouldn't be in the discussion with players like Magic, MJ, Russell, and Kareem. He'd be more in the discussion with players like Malone and Barkley. Seemed pretty simple. Championships matter when getting to that stratosphere of players.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he didn't have the opportunity as most did to play with talent at the beginning of his career. Plus he knew the Cavs history of never being able to lure great FA's to play in Cleveland. After 7 years of playing with garbage, a player of his magnitude wanted to be around players who could finish and possibly win a title.

He went to Miami to win championships with some top NBA players because he couldn't get any of them to come join him Cleveland. That's why. Remember not 1, not 2, not..... Lebron knows multiple rings are what will elevate him to the GOAT conversation. I believe a goal of his is to be considered the best ever. NBA players understand that rings matter.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just being a troll!! It's already been explained to you ad nauseum as to what Magic was talking about!!

You used to be a pretty solid poster too!!

He's not doing a very good job of it. I think he's the butthurt one being a sorry Knicks fan. Have they won a ring in your lifetime?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not doing a very good job of it. I think he's the butthurt one being a sorry Knicks fan. Have they won a ring in your lifetime?

Yep, they sure did!! 1970 vs. the Lakers (4-3)!! The series with the Willis Reed game!! I was 8!!
Maybe he's butthurt that the Lakers got revenge 2 years later and embarrassed the Knicks 4-1?:lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was afraid of what people thought, he would have pulled a Kobe before the draft and steered himself to one of the best NBA franchises. He wouldn't have signed an extension a few years later, giving the Cavsw front office a chance to bring in talent.

Nice use of Magic logic player comparison above....it is pretty dumb, huh?

The Lakers traded for the Hornets pick on the day before the draft and didn't tell them who to draft until 5 minutes before the pick. The Hornets weren't even thinking about Kobe, how is that Kobe steering himself to one of the best franchises? It was more Jerry West being a genius.

The first guard to ever be taken out of high school, Bryant was chosen as the 13th overall draft pick by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996. According to Arn Tellem, Bryant's agent at the time, Bryant playing for the Charlotte Hornets was "an impossibility". However, Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time, said that the Hornets agreed to trade their draft selection to the Lakers before picking Bryant. The teams agreed to the trade the day before the draft and the Lakers did not tell the Hornets who to select until five minutes before the pick was made. Branch said that prior to the trade agreement, the Hornets never even considered drafting Bryant. Prior to the draft, Bryant had worked out in Los Angeles, in which he scrimmaged against former Lakers players Larry Drew and Michael Cooper, and according to then-Laker manager Jerry West "marched over these people". On July 1, 1996, West traded his starting center, Vlade Divac, to the Hornets in exchange for Bryant's draft rights. Since he was still 17 at the time of the draft, his parents had to cosign his contract with the Lakers until he was able to sign his own when he turned 18 before the season began.

Last edited by a moderator:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry West is to be admired for finding and drafting great talent for the Lakers. Kobe, Magic, Worthy, the list goes on. The Lakers built great franchises using the draft. Jerry West was a python of intelligence. That said, the Lakers drafted other superstars before West's tenure, and West is one example.