• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard a Rocket per USAToday sports.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one on the bench Geneh. His name is Robert Sacre and is a pretty good young talent. If Don'tknowi is the coach that Short Buss believes he is, then Sacre will develop with his coaching into a pretty good player.

Is he a top five center? Probably not. But my point is he has the talent and skills that he could easily become one. He has a better free throw shooting percentage than Howard, plays pretty good defense, and he WANTS to be a Laker. He was recently offered an extension and I am not sure he has excepted and signed the contract offer yet. But he plays with alot more energy than Howard and he doesn't pout when things don't go his way. I like the guy and I think if they develop him, he'll be pretty darn good.

Good Stuff Retro. I watched several games of him in college and he does have the potential that you mention. I hope that mitch and Dknowi at least get together and talk about mixing it up on the coaching staff. they need to bring in assistants that will mask his weaknesses, like coaching bigs and teaching defense

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I missed all the fun. Howard flipped then flopped but now has made up his mind? Or was it just that Broussard dumb ass had the wrong info?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I missed all the fun. Howard flipped then flopped but now has made up his mind? Or was it just that Broussard dumb ass had the wrong info?

Yes, it was just Broussard making up fake sources so Howard took a phone interview with Stephan A. Smith to clear everything up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either Broussard is a liar or howard is. But according to Stephen A, Howard was disgusted with the reports of him flip-flopping

So the Lakers sources already started throwing Howard under the bus regarding their meeting on tuesday.

A Lakers source in the team's pitch meeting for Howard last Tuesday said they felt Howard had essentially "made up his mind" before even meeting with them and described him as "emotionless."
"He would barely look us in the eye," the source said.

Another Lakers source said "we felt like we were wasting our time" in the meeting.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Broussard is a liar or howard is. But according to Stephen A, Howard was disgusted with the reports of him flip-flopping

So the Lakers sources already started throwing Howard under the bus regarding their meeting on tuesday.

A Lakers source in the team's pitch meeting for Howard last Tuesday said they felt Howard had essentially "made up his mind" before even meeting with them and described him as "emotionless."

Another Lakers source said "we felt like we were wasting our time" in the meeting.

It doesnt sound like they threw him under the bus, it sounds like the sources are describing reality and the way Howard should of responded to them. Jim Buss/the organization created this atmosphere

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet none of these reports were out there until just now, and Lakers fans in this and other threads told us how well the meeting went, LOL

Amazing how that works. I'll give Cuban credit, he came out and just said hey, we tried, and he didn't bite. He's going to post their pitch online. He isn't blaming Dwight - this is not a good look for the Lakers FO.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else were they going to say to Howard to keep him in L.A. ummm were getting older but were going to be better then ever?? Fucked that he made the better choice picking Houston. Now Kobe has to figure out which teams he wants to join if he wants to have any chance on winning his 6th.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS ALWAYS KOBE BRYANT BLEW IT FOR THE LAKERS

No Howard is dragging anyone along. He tweets that he is signing with the Rockets while informing Dallas, GS, and Atlanta they are out of the running without saying a word to Houston or the Lakers. Then his agent tweets that he has not finalized the deal and can't until July 10th.

Now ESPN is reporting that Howard has informed the Lakers they are out of the running and that the deal is continuing to progress to encompass a sign and trade for the Lakers. Broussard is reporting the Lakers want some draft picks but no new contracts. We shall see.

What else were they going to say to Howard to keep him in L.A. ummm were getting older but were going to be better then ever?? Fucked that he made the better choice picking Houston. Now Kobe has to figure out which teams he wants to join if he wants to have any chance on winning his 6th.

Kobe Bryant: Not only is he recovering from a torn Achilles tendon, but it may have been his prideful "Let me teach you" speech to Howard that drove him away and hurt his chances to team with Howard for runs at those last two rings he wants. Pride goeth before the fall.

Unless Dwight changes his mind...

Kobe ryant should have never said to Dwight Howard...Let me teach you how to win.
who is the coach here ? Mike D'antoni or Kobe Bryant he should have kept his mouth shut.
FOR THAT BEING SAID LAKERS WILL SUFFER FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS..WORDS and the TRUTH..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nor will his colors his uni ever change, like a certain sellout we all know did...:laugh3:

So did OJ. Some people have dark, dark secrets they keep within, actually most have at one thing nobody knows some are just worse than others.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe unfollows Dwight on twitter and posts a picture of him and Pau. #vamos #juntos #lakercorazon #vino. Can't wait for the Rockets @ Lakers game. Pau unfollowed him too. Bet there will be some hard feelings.

Sounds like kids! Both sides of this are just a bunchof crybabies. That's what happens in LA. I am so glad I am not a Laker fan. It is fucking business, I know Dwight was being a bitch, but Kobe be the bigger man. This whole thing is pathetic, childish BS!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more childish, someone unfollowing someone on twitter or someone bitching over something as trivial as that lol. If he didn't want to hear the tweets Dwight sends out if he's not going to be his teammate who cares?

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tfw Dwightmare is on your team

tfw people think Dwightmare is somehow going to be good now

eg5cd6u.gif

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My respect level for Howard went up another notch. I thought the Jedi mind trick the Lakers use on players would make him go against his best interests. I honestly think Kobe is the real reason Howard jumped ship. Now I'm going to laugh at every Laker fan that told me Howard wasnt going anywhere and that if he did it was because he really wasnt Laker material. It must be cool to be able to trick yourself into actually believing that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly all of you forget, Dwight was a dominant force up until the free agency drama started. He obviously couldn't handle it and like a certain colleague of his in South Florida, Dwight is no PR guru.

The situation surrounding him in LA was destined to fail. The combination of D'Antoni, Kobe and the return from back surgery was too much.

If Dwight is healthy, he will reclaim his throne as the best big man in basketball now that he is in Houston and now that his contract status is resolved.

A lot of you are dismissing Howard and dismissing the Rockets much like people did with the Heat 3 years ago. There are no guarantees that the chemistry will click and that the Rockets will be great, but there are no guarantees that they won't either.

DO NOT make the mistake of underestimating the Houston Rockets' potential.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real genius of the Rockets front office was not their acquisition of Dwight Howard but their ability to find a team willing to take that fruit loop Royce White off their hands.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point Kobe is going to have to take a back seat. Im honestly not sure if he is capable of it. the Lakers lost Howard well before the meeting. I have no doubt the reports about him being distant in the meeting are true. honestly, drop the fan thing. look at this as you are the player. this is your job. ultimately howard will be judged on titles when his career is over. where is your best shot to win a title?

be honest LA fans. i thought his best chance was in houston or possible GS, if they could put together the right pieces through some trades.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have to understand......Howard just witnessed Chris Paul get Del ***** fired.........because he has CLOUT that Dwight doesn't have.

Nothings says you aren't the man like your GM ignoring your input and not trying to make you happy.......

:agree: The reported purpose of D'Antoni being in the meeting was to show Dwight exactly how he fit into the offense!! I guess his silence spoke volumes about Dwights place in it!! If that report is true, then I have a harder time blaming Dwight!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: The reported purpose of D'Antoni being in the meeting was to show Dwight exactly how he fit into the offense!! I guess his silence spoke volumes about Dwights place in it!! If that report is true, then I have a harder time blaming Dwight!!

Dwight made the best move for him, I think. I would have loved to see him become a Hawk, but that would have been disastrous for his career as the Hawks are in a permanent "half-decent" team holding pattern. Sure wish the Hawks owners would sell them so we could get a Howard or a Lebron here. But it aint going to happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly all of you forget, Dwight was a dominant force up until the free agency drama started. He obviously couldn't handle it and like a certain colleague of his in South Florida, Dwight is no PR guru.

The situation surrounding him in LA was destined to fail. The combination of D'Antoni, Kobe and the return from back surgery was too much.

If Dwight is healthy, he will reclaim his throne as the best big man in basketball now that he is in Houston and now that his contract status is resolved.

A lot of you are dismissing Howard and dismissing the Rockets much like people did with the Heat 3 years ago. There are no guarantees that the chemistry will click and that the Rockets will be great, but there are no guarantees that they won't either.

DO NOT make the mistake of underestimating the Houston Rockets' potential.

I know they have all the talent in the world, especially if they get Smith too, but where is the leadership coming from?? Is Howard or Harden a leader to make a ship run. We all know Lebron and Wade had leadership qualities, but this team might take a little more time to develop and they have a much tougher Western Conference to play against.