• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard a Rocket per USAToday sports.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they have all the talent in the world, especially if they get Smith too, but where is the leadership coming from?? Is Howard or Harden a leader to make a ship run. We all know Lebron and Wade had leadership qualities, but this team might take a little more time to develop and they have a much tougher Western Conference to play against.

I think Harden is the leader already on that team. And the West is as wide open as can be this year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any of 5-6 teams ended up with the #1 seed next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe went into full chick mode. "You left my team, so now I'm going to unfollow you on Twitter." That sounds like something a high school chick would do or say. It's his fault that Dwight left because of his selfish play and finger pointing. And any Laker fan saying they are happy Dwight left or saying he's overrated is kidding themselves. Dwight may have averaged like 7 shot attempts a game but was still close to being the best big man in the game. I fully expect him to dominate in Houston and this is coming from someone who's not the biggest Dwight fan but just amazed at how people hate this dude when the problem in LA clearly wasn't him but that horrible coach Pringles with Kobe on the side.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point Kobe is going to have to take a back seat. Im honestly not sure if he is capable of it. the Lakers lost Howard well before the meeting. I have no doubt the reports about him being distant in the meeting are true. honestly, drop the fan thing. look at this as you are the player. this is your job. ultimately howard will be judged on titles when his career is over. where is your best shot to win a title?

be honest LA fans. i thought his best chance was in houston or possible GS, if they could put together the right pieces through some trades.
Great post sir but instead people will let their blind hate of Howard not let them see rationally. But you are spot on. He didn't have the support of the coach and you have a "franchise" player who is unwilling to pass the torch or ease the franchise to Dwight. Selfishness at it's finest.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post sir but instead people will let their blind hate of Howard not let them see rationally. But you are spot on. He didn't have the support of the coach and you have a "franchise" player who is unwilling to pass the torch or ease the franchise to Dwight. Selfishness at it's finest.
Kobe was extremely interesting to me during this proceess. On one hand he showed and incredible lack of what my business partners call personal development. After it was over he showed he did have some in regards to mindset. Somewhere there are gaps in his life education. I actually like that he unfollowed Howard and rallied the remaining troops. That was a good move for a leader.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harden is the leader already on that team. And the West is as wide open as can be this year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any of 5-6 teams ended up with the #1 seed next year.

Definitely Harden is the leader as he should be. But he isn't anywhere near as arrogant as Kobe and Harden will gladly share the limelight with Dwight if it means a title run.

This team should be much better than last year.

I wonder if the Asik/Lin trade for Josh Smith is going to happen?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is a scorer/distributor. I dont see any problem with him giving up shots for Howard. Howard is actually going to make it easier for Harden to score. Look for him to either win his first scoring title next year or be 2nd.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty pathetic that people actually think Howard wont be a headache in Houston. Rockets still wont even sniff the Finals.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty pathetic that people actually think Howard wont be a headache in Houston. Rockets still wont even sniff the Finals.
What makes you think he will be a headache? He took control of the process and made a decision to go to Houston. I think it was a good sign that he has matured more because of this process. I'm going to laugh at all the sour grapes crowd when Houston beats the crap out of LA next year.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think he will be a headache? He took control of the process and made a decision to go to Houston. I think it was a good sign that he has matured more because of this process. I'm going to laugh at all the sour grapes crowd when Houston beats the crap out of LA next year.

The only headache I know of is named Kobe. He cost the Lakers Dwight Howard and who knows what else with his arrogance.

Dwight Howard will be fine in Houston. As long as he recovers completely from that back injury and remains healthy.

I imagine James Harden is turning backflips right now he is so excited.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe didn't cost the Lakers shit. Kobe wanted Phil back. Short Buss was the one who let Dwight walk, he thought maybe some billboards would make him stick around.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Outlaw. Its Laker ownership/management that has players running the other direction, not Kobe.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe didn't cost the Lakers shit. Kobe wanted Phil back. Short Buss was the one who let Dwight walk, he thought maybe some billboards would make him stick around.
Howards not going to admit it but Kobes little speech was the real reason Howard walked. Instead of telling Howard to let "Kobe show him how its done", Kobe should have said "how can I best contribute to all of us winning a ring?".

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howards not going to admit it but Kobes little speech was the real reason Howard walked. Instead of telling Howard to let "Kobe show him how its done", Kobe should have said "how can I best contribute to all of us winning a ring?".

First, we dont even know exactly what was said, and Second, if someone knows how to direct you to your destination, do you let pride reject the help and remain lost? That is just plain silly to think that is the main reason.

Like it was mentioned before, when you see guys like cp3 respected by the GM/President and go after the coach he wants, you are going to feel like upper management does not have your best interest at heart when they do the exact opposite. They bring in a coach that doesnt know a thing about making a Big the center piece of an offense. IF you are going to blame Kobe, use the fact about him saying, Howard has to play through injury and the team cant afford him to miss games over a minor shoulder issue. I think this rubbed him the wrong way more than a 5x champion telling him, let me show you the way...

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GENEH33 IS RIGHT ON TARGET !

The only headache I know of is named Kobe. He cost the Lakers Dwight Howard and who knows what else with his arrogance.

Dwight Howard will be fine in Houston. As long as he recovers completely from that back injury and remains healthy.

I imagine James Harden is turning backflips right now he is so excited.
:10: :agree: :agree:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montsho. Jayviabay, LogicMan, and Outlaw corroborated Stephen A.'s conversation on ESPN last evening after Stephen A. just completed a lengthy conversation with Howard on his way back to Houston. Re-read jayviabay's description on his post. It is nearly verbatim from Stephen A.

This wasn't about Kobe's speech. This was about the systematic ignoring of Howard and the subsequent double message sent by both Short Buss and Don'tknowi that was simply "you are important to us" but then they would ignore Howard's request for Phil to be hired and they ignored Kobe's first suggestion after Phil left to hire Brian Shaw before they hired Mike Brown. He got tired of the arrogance by the FO.

The aloofness and indifference of both Short Buss and Don'tknowi has alot of players miffed including Kobe and Metta. So, I think Kobe was the least target of Howard's contempt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all can agree on something Kobe and D12 are both crybabies. They both have to be the center of attention on their teams, so this works out. Kobe wants to be the guy always. D12 I think he does, but didn't really perform in LA--but the fact that he didn't want to be there and he was injured he has an excuse. So he will be the center of attention at Houston, but Harden will be the guy and it works out bc he doesn't need the attention---the beard works wonders for him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe does share some of the blame. He pretty much blasted Howard in the press all season. Then his speech more or less told Dwight to expect more of the same. That HAS to be a part of this, Kobe doesn't get to weasel out of his part of it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well StarBigD. Not according to Stephen A. last evening on ESPN. Kobe might have contributed to the general contempt malaise Howard had arrived at but Stephen A. stated, after talking with Howard, that it was not about Kobe-Howard's words. Whether it was or not I suspect we will never know. The bottom line is Howard is a Rocket and everyone else appears to be satisfied.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I remember is Howard giving up against the Spurs, not a good sign of things to come.