• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How to Fix College Football

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old if they go to 6 or 8 the games lose meaning rhetoric. This year is a great example for the need to expand and set an actual criteria. After tonight Clemson gets in despite most likely not playing one team ranked by the end of the year. On a Schedule comparable to UCF. While other teams play marquee in conference match ups that end up holding no meaning in the end. We have an ACC CCG that holds no real value of interest. And OSU is playing complacent right now. If they don’t expand and find a better selection process the spot will continue to digress.....
:ipw:

You are one that keeps telling us we need autobids. Clemson is in on anything you've ever proposed as well. :pound:
So we need the changes you keep calling for because Clemson being in this year is bad... but would be in anyway. Seems legit.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ipw:

You are one that keeps telling us we need autobids. Clemson is in on anything you've ever proposed as well. :pound:
So we need the changes you keep calling for because Clemson being in this year is bad... but would be in anyway. Seems legit.
I said auto bids with a fail safe. Feel free to go back and bump the formula for me and save me time.

You’re the one who claims expanding the play offs would water down the regular season/ conference championship games. This year is looking watered down as it gets..... Why schedule any big games when you can UCF your way in. Didn’t help Oregon etc......

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said auto bids with a fail safe. Feel free to go back and bump the formula for me and save me time.

You’re the one who claims expanding the play offs would water down the regular season/ conference championship games. This year is looking watered down as it gets..... Why schedule any big games when you can UCF your way in. Didn’t help Oregon etc......
This year is bad. We agree. Yet you want to add MORE of this bullshit to a bigger and more bloated playoff. Sure, that makes good sense.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to go back to look for 'your' system for you. I mean you didn't bring that one up, it got shot down pretty successfully, and the one who championed it eventually gave up on it.

I do have an outstanding writeup on basically all of the more talked about playoff expansion options and their pros and cons.

Expanded Playoff Comparison (6. 8 vs. 12 vs. 16 vs. Best vs. Autobids) - 2018 : CFB

Not just a breakdown of the differences and pros/cons, but went through the exercise of what it would have looked like with last years results for first round seeding.

This is from a major reddit project by the way. Lots and lots of discussion and theorycrafting.

From their 8 team autobid:
8 Team Playoff with Autobids
8 Teams are selected, with 6 of those teams being automatically selected. The 6 Automatic Selections are the top 6 rated Conference Champions. The last two slots are filled with two "at large" slots for the highest rated non-conference champion teams.

Pros:
  • Conference Championships Matter.

• It's not only possible for a G5 team to be able to participate in the playoff, it's guaranteed.

• Non-conference champions with great records (think Alabama in 2017) are still included.

• It's more football. Who doesn't love that?
Cons:
  • The 9th P5 team that gets left out for an "inferior" G5 champion is gonna be pissed.

• Strong lack of incentive for teams to schedule tough OOC games.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is bad. We agree. Yet you want to add MORE of this bullshit to a bigger and more bloated playoff. Sure, that makes good sense.
Problem is the current system has gradually declined to where it is today. When working with any system you have to correct the flaws to get it right or it’s doomed to fail. Expanding the play offs and finding a system that decreases some of the human factor. And puts more emphasis on the games played on the field. Would lead to higher quality games and football in my opinion. This year has been brutal to the sport.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to go back to look for 'your' system for you. I mean you didn't bring that one up, it got shot down pretty successfully, and the one who championed it eventually gave up on it.

I do have an outstanding writeup on basically all of the more talked about playoff expansion options and their pros and cons.

Expanded Playoff Comparison (6. 8 vs. 12 vs. 16 vs. Best vs. Autobids) - 2018 : CFB

Not just a breakdown of the differences and pros/cons, but went through the exercise of what it would have looked like with last years results for first round seeding.

This is from a major reddit project by the way. Lots and lots of discussion and theorycrafting.

From their 8 team autobid:
8 Team Playoff with Autobids
8 Teams are selected, with 6 of those teams being automatically selected. The 6 Automatic Selections are the top 6 rated Conference Champions. The last two slots are filled with two "at large" slots for the highest rated non-conference champion teams.

Pros:
  • Conference Championships Matter.

• It's not only possible for a G5 team to be able to participate in the playoff, it's guaranteed.

• Non-conference champions with great records (think Alabama in 2017) are still included.

• It's more football. Who doesn't love that?
Cons:
  • The 9th P5 team that gets left out for an "inferior" G5 champion is gonna be pissed.

• Strong lack of incentive for teams to schedule tough OOC games.
You would have to find the system mistaken used. Auto bids for conference champions. With a fail safe in place to prevent two loss teams. Allowing those slots to be filled by at large teams if necessary.Its by far the best system I’ve seen and a vast improvement......

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to find the system mistaken used. Auto bids for conference champions. With a fail safe in place to prevent two loss teams. Allowing those slots to be filled by at large teams if necessary.Its by far the best system I’ve seen and a vast improvement......
Right, I would have been shocked if you actually looked at that link, or pretty much anything other than what you've already decided you like. There are plenty of people who like the autobid idea. Also those that want 6 teams, or 12, 8 but by ranking, 16, and of course those that like 4 or less. Read some of that, or pretty much anything else on the topic out there. It's not nearly as cut and dry as you'd like to think it is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus OP sucks dick.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is the current system has gradually declined to where it is today. When working with any system you have to correct the flaws to get it right or it’s doomed to fail. Expanding the play offs and finding a system that decreases some of the human factor. And puts more emphasis on the games played on the field. Would lead to higher quality games and football in my opinion. This year has been brutal to the sport.
Tweaks to any system can be done without axing them entirely.

So far your argument against this year is that Clemson will get in on a weak schedule. The system you want would also have that same weak resume team in. It's just not a good argument. At least wait until you see who is left out before you do your normal rant.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus OP sucks dick.
source.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool. The English language really isn't your thing. Before you claim otherwise, that's just obvious from your lack of basic understanding. I'm not saying you have actually admitted it so no, it's not the same thing as you continuing to put words in others mouths.

You are as lost as I've ever seen a poster.
You made the comment word for word and he never implied anything close.

Just curious....if you ever manned up and admitted you were off base what would happen? Must be rough the lengths you go not to.

Fight the good fight, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... says the tard running around making one personal attack after another on someone...

I've dared to share my opinions on this topic. I must be crying. :L

What the hell is wrong with you? That other poster from Rivals that said everyone on that site ignored you because you are kind of stupid appears to have been on to something.
what's wrong with me? Admittedly, I will go much further with posters like you who I know lack the ability to be rational and admit when they are wrong or their logic is off base (or both).

That other poster isn't even in Rivals anymore if I'm not mistaken. Been in many Rivals' discussions with many different fans just today. But thanks for your input.

Talk about not understanding our language. said you'll cry IF you don't get your way. so once again you were wrong and there is zero chance you'll man up and own your mistake.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old if they go to 6 or 8 the games lose meaning rhetoric. This year is a great example for the need to expand and set an actual criteria. After tonight Clemson gets in despite most likely not playing one team ranked by the end of the year. On a Schedule comparable to UCF. While other teams play marquee in conference match ups that end up holding no meaning in the end. We have an ACC CCG that holds no real value of interest. And OSU is playing complacent right now. If they don’t expand and find a better selection process the spot will continue to digress.....
somewhat agree, but not sure how fair it is to hold it against Clemson the ACC is way down. They at least tried to schedule tough adding TAM who when scheduled was a decent SEC team (not elite, of course, but solid).

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's wrong with me? Admittedly, I will go much further with posters like you who I know lack the ability to be rational and admit when they are wrong or their logic is off base (or both).

That other poster isn't even in Rivals anymore if I'm not mistaken. Been in many Rivals' discussions with many different fans just today. But thanks for your input.

Talk about not understanding our language. said you'll cry IF you don't get your way. so once again you were wrong and there is zero chance you'll man up and own your mistake.
So you came back here for two more attack posts... to tell us how you aren't really attacking. And question others use of logic.

:pound:

Ok sally.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you came back here for two more attack posts... to tell us how you aren't really attacking. And question others use of logic.

:pound:

Ok sally.
saying your logic is off base and you will cry IF you don't get your way is an attack in a sports forum?

I questioned your use of logic because you were wrong. You claimed I said you cried by expressing opinions when I said you'd cry IF you don't get your way and they go to 8.....or maybe you'd be happy that CFB was ruined?

You are pure comedy and I thank you.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saying your logic is off base and you will cry IF you don't get your way is an attack in a sports forum?

I questioned your use of logic because you were wrong. You claimed I said you cried by expressing opinions when I said you'd cry IF you don't get your way and they go to 8.....or maybe you'd be happy that CFB was ruined?

You are pure comedy and I thank you.
You have over 90 posts in this thread. 90. How many were actually constructive and/or non combative?

Keep trying to project this on others, but you are here simply to tard. That's fine, but just own it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many were non-combative, including some with
You have over 90 posts in this thread. 90. How many were actually constructive and/or non combative?

Keep trying to project this on others, but you are here simply to tard. That's fine, but just own it.

You have a ton of posts here...many or most combative.....you complain words are put in your mouth while you put words in other's mouths. You are the ultimate do as I say not as I do poster. Is there some award here for that?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many were non-combative, including some with

You have a ton of posts here...many or most combative.....you complain words are put in your mouth while you put words in other's mouths. You are the ultimate do as I say not as I do poster. Is there some award here for that?
I have nearly half the posts you do on this thread. Half. I started in this thread entirely on topic about the article referenced to which you directly made it personal right after that and have followed me around, not just here, but also the NFL board doing exactly the same. Look in a mirror champ.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nearly half the posts you do on this thread. Half. I started in this thread entirely on topic about the article referenced to which you directly made it personal right after that and have followed me around, not just here, but also the NFL board doing exactly the same. Look in a mirror champ.
Except I have agreed with many things you have said in this thread and the NFL thread....you of course make it combative Do As I say Not as I do Guy. As another as you accuse me of following you around....while you follow me around.

why do I need to look in a mirror? I'm not accusing you of anything. You are the one who doesn't like when others disagree and also wants what he wants with no give and take.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another thread, I said that they need to make the conference champion an automatic playoff birth in order to make this weekend worth something.

Here is an article that has the same idea.

Here's how to fix college football's broken postseason

The first weekend of December is here, which means college football is ready to dust off the pointless, redundant relic that is “Conference Championship Weekend.”

Don’t let the sport’s television partners tell you this is a good idea. Being some zombie fan getting fed establishment nonsense is no way to go through life.

Remember, the people who run this sport once claimed the BCS would have to be pulled out of their “cold, dead hands,” which means they'd be out here justifying how Clemson, the unbeaten, reigning national champion, doesn’t deserve to play for a national title this year.

A four-team playoff arrived as a concession, but it’s still the same leadership, so there is more to do. That includes reforming the postseason to replace this waste-of-time weekend with the first round of an eight-team playoff.

Once again.

Just wanted to let you know just how much you suck.

See you next year pumpkin.