• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How To Cook The Perfect Brat

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just figured this out and I’ve been grilling brats my whole life so if you’re slow like me you’ll appreciate this.

BOIL your brats in beer (takes about 20 minutes).

Now you can move them from the boiling pot to the grill and they’re amazing but if you really want to go to the next level, marinate your beer boiled brats in even more beer then throw them on the grill later when your guests arrive.

Point is by doing this you avoid burning them on the outside trying to get the inside of the brat cooked while the outside gets all burnt.

Good luck!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I always did them when I had a side burner. Now I have to start them on the stove, then carry out to the flat top grill. I will also add some sliced onions to the beer for more flavor, then let them continue to cook in beer while grilling the brats or throw them on the flat top to carmelize.

Wunder.Noid

All your trophies are belong to Bama
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually low and slow roll them in the way back region of indirection (talking heat)...

Maybe it's me but I prefer my brats to have a little smoke stank on them.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I always did them when I had a side burner. Now I have to start them on the stove, then carry out to the flat top grill. I will also add some sliced onions to the beer for more flavor, then let them continue to cook in beer while grilling the brats or throw them on the flat top to carmelize.
When I smoke brats I have a foil container of beer and onions to let them gain some flavor after they get to the right temperature. If you smoke them and don’t do this you will end up with fluid all over you while eating them. Grilling is a different story and I think @RobBase’s method is a good one.