• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how to become a perenial contender

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem Dean is, you were right on the band wagon of Bruce from the second Scot was fired. You have had a bias against Scot from the moment he didnt select Williams. So yes I do think you are giving Bruce more credit than his due because you did not like the previous guy. As i have stated, noting Bruce has done up to this point should have inspired the confidence you and a few others have shown in him at the beginning of this off season aside from the fact that you were mad at Scot for not taking Williams and possibly a few other roster moves.

I guess you are forgetting the draft of Murphy, Long, Moses, and Breeland. He did bring us our RT of the future. So I wouldn't say he has done nothing. No bandwagon here I form my own opinions on matters. I didn't hate Sm but didn't love him either. Now just forget what Bruce has done evaluate him on this offseason. Have an open mind about it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just b/c you don't agree what I said why do you want to know how old I am? God forbid you don't like what Sm did? lol. you are labeled as a hater.
That's not it at all. But i do think that some of our differences could be generational. I was just curious. No need to get your panties in a wad.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i see empty seats at skins games on tv the owners and gm do panic people forget its also a buisness loseing 12 million is not good business its horriable every penny has to matter allen has no buisness picking talent which i dont think he does he is the money man nothing more.. and it has been stated mill of times picking FA and the draft is a group thing dont give me this shit allen has 100 percent power lol if 4 out of 5 coaches want to draft player x allen will say yes its the way it should be but some in here think allen is a scout or something ... and to skins dad fabian will destroy fuller when he is healthy sm fuller is weeker then allens and coaches pick fabian not even close lol

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i say old i mean when you have lost a couple of steps . when you drop from star to avg . old is relative . if you think 30 is old for a qb then you are misinformed . KC has 8 seasons of great productivity left

And again Cousins was born in Aug 1988. At no time during this upcoming season will he be 30. I realize that this is only one year of difference but the poster keeps misstating this. BTW - what is with the all caps nonsense?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i see empty seats at skins games on tv the owners and gm do panic people forget its also a buisness loseing 12 million is not good business its horriable every penny has to matter allen has no buisness picking talent which i dont think he does he is the money man nothing more.. and it has been stated mill of times picking FA and the draft is a group thing dont give me this shit allen has 100 percent power lol if 4 out of 5 coaches want to draft player x allen will say yes its the way it should be but some in here think allen is a scout or something ... and to skins dad fabian will destroy fuller when he is healthy sm fuller is weeker then allens and coaches pick fabian not even close lol

Panic? LOL. NFL owners & Snyder in particular have a license to print money. Losing $12M? Even if true they get back way more than that in TV money & don't forget all the money FedEx is paying for naming rights (which has already paid back every dollar Snyder paid for the team). You are very misguided if you are feeling sorry for NFL owners.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - if you don't want empty seats then don't play in a stadium that is way too big while being an eyesore. Also - don't treat your fans like shit in the process.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach campbell worked for SM at the time . every scout finds someone but the guy who pulled the trigger to draft him was SM . that is how it works . does that mean that every scout should get credit over BA's in the GM role . hell no and its never even debated

i dont know how we got back to SM but but players he drafted , crowder sherf and smith are all starters . cravens is a starter making it 4 fuller could win the slot guy making it 5 starters in his 2 drafts . rob kelly is also a starter for now making his rookie class having 6 starters

12 mil in dead cap money comes with using FA too much . dead cap space has been with the redskins since the cap has been in existence . blaming SM for that is ill informed . and wait why isnt the pro scout being blamed for that since you want the college scout to get all the credit for finding crowder . that would be campbell in that role too
why didwe draft perine if kelly is a legit starter and fabian when healthy will destroy fuller

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um we would have a extra 12 million for free agents or money for kirk if it was not for the 12 mill deadcap now most teams have dead cap but damn 12 mill lol thats to much that tells me something went wrong

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - Dean is a conditional Redskins fan. He wants the team to do well. However - he mainly only wants this if the team makes moves that are consistent with his takes and predictions. He also appears to hang onto things forever.

I am an unconditional fan & in the end will put up with whatever crap comes with this organization (which is considerable). Like I have said before - I will gladly be wrong 100% of the time if the end result is a positive one for the Redskins. I honestly don't believe that Dean can make this claim (perhaps I am wrong).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um we would have a extra 12 million for free agents or money for kirk if it was not for the 12 mill deadcap now most teams have dead cap but damn 12 mill lol thats to much that tells me something went wrong

Oh please. This is part of doing business. Business involves risk. The opposite approach is doing next to nothing & sure you don't waste money, but you also generally don't go far. I think that the Redskins are fine cap wise & have been for a while.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - Dean is a conditional Redskins fan. He wants the team to do well. However - he mainly only wants this if the team makes moves that are consistent with his takes and predictions. He also appears to hang onto to things forever.

I am an unconditional fan & in the end will put up with whatever crap comes with this organization (which is considerable). Like I have said before - I will gladly be wrong 100% of the time if the end result is a positive one for the Redskins. I honestly don't believe that Dean can make this claim (perhaps I am wrong).

Of course you are wrong. that was a stupid statement. The points that I agrued on here especially the Moses one has benefited the team and my prediction was right. In never routed against Murphy or Long even though I would of drafted other players. what an asshole you are.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually we have 10M in dead cap space. And again worrying about this is a joke, because teams fluctuate on how muck they carry. The Patriots carried $17M in dead cap space last year and they won the Super Bowl. The Falcons carried $25M and made the Super Bowl.

So what went wrong there???

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you are wrong. that was a stupid statement. The points that I agrued on here especially the Moses one has benefited the team and my prediction was right. In never routed against Murphy or Long even though I would of drafted other players. what an asshole you are.

Same back at you pal. You have been a nonstop whiner on this board since the start of last season. Even with this reply you are trying to make your case that you are correct. Who F'n cares. I already said I don't care if I am wrong - you obviously have this major need to prove that you are right for some fucking stupid reason.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same back at you pal. You have been a nonstop whiner on this board since the start of last season. Even with this reply you are trying to make your case that you are correct. Who F'n cares. I already said I don't care if I am wrong - you obviously have this major need to prove that you are right for some fucking stupid reason.

You said I am not happy if we win. that is bullshit. I debate topics on a message board. Who is whining? Are you frigin serious?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with wanting to be right.

But the idea of actively or passively hoping a guy the team drafted fails simply so one can say "See I was right"

That does make some people wonder about the real motives.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with wanting to be right.

But the idea of actively or passively hoping a guy the team drafted fails simply so one can say "See I was right"

That does make some people wonder about the real motives.

Never said hope the guy fails. I said I would of went in a different direction and explain why I would do it. What is wrong with that? Opinions are always argued hence a message board. If someone's opinion turns out to be right they should be allowed to gloat. socal is a loon.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe there are several things needed to reach this goal . But before i get into that i want to tell you where i think we stand . Like it or not we are in year 3 of a rebuild .

that being said this should be the year that the gathering of players , coaches , scouts should be over and all should be paying dividends .

what jay gruden inherited was a slow weak , marginally talented squad with a broken qb and turmoil on the feild and off it

so i decided to look at some pro football dynasties and see what traits they had . i will start with the top 3 things

1) strong leadership top to bottom
2) multiple corp players
3) stability at qb

next they have the following
4) chemistry
5) FO stability
6)good scouting
7) value placed on their draft picks
8) move on from older players early rather then later

Good topic.

My thoughts on the must haves.

1. Consistent quality performance...GM, HC, QB...if you have a lot of turnover at any of these positions that will lead to inconsistency on the field. Obviously not every team is going to have a legit franchise QB, but your QB can't be the weak link.

2. Scouting/draft...the draft means different things depending on where you are drafting...if you are in the top 10...you need at least 2 impact players almost immediately. If you're in the middle of the draft, you need a starting caliber player and depth. If you're at the bottom of the draft, obviously you have some good players at most positions, but you must constantly build depth. Players that are ready to be starters in 2 or 3 yrs because you can't keep every FA and we know injuries will happen.

3. Consistent game plan...this kind of ties into #1, but your schemes have to be consistent enough for your scouts and GM to build profiles around...they have to know how a player will fit...that's how they can find gems late in the draft.

4. Strong in the trenches...it's great to have Julio Jones, but if your QB is hitting the deck within 3 seconds you won't be consistent....I've seen 1st hand from the Falcons that building from outside in is not the road to consistency.

Where are the Skins in this picture? From an outsider overview viewpoint, I think this yr will be a big step. The NFCE looks to be solid top to bottom...another 9+ win season and assuming they hang on to Cousins, I think we can start looking at WAS among the playoff caliber teams for the next 4 to 5 yrs.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are forgetting the draft of Murphy, Long, Moses, and Breeland. He did bring us our RT of the future. So I wouldn't say he has done nothing. No bandwagon here I form my own opinions on matters. I didn't hate Sm but didn't love him either. Now just forget what Bruce has done evaluate him on this offseason. Have an open mind about it.
it can be argued that those were shanny picks