• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much cap room are the niners currently sitting at?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've probably got big free agent without the trades. What was that 3-4 mil? I was only interested in Thurmond of all the guys that came in tho.

Ok so we go all in on one guy then we have no swing tackle, no backup QB, no ability to sign some cheap guys until June 2nd, and we wouldn't be able to sign our rookies. No thanks. In 2012 for example almost 73% of rookies had signed their contracts by March 31st.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so we go all in on one guy then we have no swing tackle, no backup QB, no ability to sign some cheap guys until June 2nd, and we wouldn't be able to sign our rookies. No thanks. In 2012 for example almost 73% of rookies had signed their contracts by March 31st.

I'm not saying we should have. I'm just saying that didn't help from going after one. I'm fine with what's happened would've like Thurmond tho. I never get my hopes in during free agency i know how this team works.

Last edited by a moderator:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

73% of newly drafted rookies signed by March 31st? I know where you are going with it, you meant May 31st.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen an estimate that our year one salary cap rookie allocation is just about $6.5M with 11 picks. That could possibly go up if we wind up drafting higher in the first with a trade up. And this is just with the Top 51 counting. I see why they didn't want to pay anyone $3.5M.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3rd or 4th round comp pick is gonna bump that to $7M.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read perfectly fine. You said something that makes no sense and now refuse to try to explain. Answer...When all is said and done how do we sign a name free agent when they are all gonna be signed by June 2nd?
And no they aren't gonna wait for us to sign on June 2nd when our money frees up. That isn't the way name free agents operate. They sign early to usually the highest bidder. Over the hill guys that finally cave and sign with a team after they realize their demands aren't gonna be met is another thing entirely. Think about a free agent waiting until June 2nd to sign, he is risking a season ending injury while he is training, money drying up, teams changing their mind, teams filling needs with the draft. Also, by June 2nd there is gonna be a lot less teams with cash to compete for your services, so that team you waited for can just say hey we have lowered our offer, if you don't like it find someone else to meet your demands. Your idea is just illogical.

U can sign them now or make the moves you need to make to sign that guy(if there was a guy out there they want.) Also I think you can go over the Cap just need to be under by a certain date.

Overall they could of still signed someone. Like I said oh well lets improve through the draft now.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U can sign them now or make the moves you need to make to sign that guy(if there was a guy out there they want.) Also I think you can go over the Cap just need to be under by a certain date.

Overall they could of still signed someone. Like I said oh well lets improve through the draft now.

Please stop trying to squirm out of a ludicrous statement. No you can't temporarily go over the cap to sign a player right now. The new league year has started and all teams have to be in compliance. Teams already get a break during this time period with the top 51 rule.

Instead of making a blanket statement please describe the moves they could have made to sign this name free agent right now?

By the way, which "top free agent" did you want to sign? You will need to know his first year cap hit to formulate your cap crunch on our top 51 to make room for this hypothetical signing.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also keep in mind you gotta have room for the roster expansion when the season starts. We are in a crunch right now with only 51 players counting.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop trying to squirm out of a ludicrous statement. No you can't temporarily go over the cap to sign a player right now. The new league year has started and all teams have to be in compliance. Teams already get a break during this time period with the top 51 rule.

Instead of making a blanket statement please describe the moves they could have made to sign this name free agent right now?

By the way, which "top free agent" did you want to sign? You will need to know his first year cap hit to formulate your cap crunch on our top 51 to make room for this hypothetical signing.

They could of got rid of Baldwin, Synder, LMJ. Whoever they want to land someone. Im saying if there was someone that they wanted they would of done it. My opinion Nicks would of been a nice pick up for this team. They felt there was no one they really wanted so they stayed put. They will improve by the draft or after june 2nd when more money frees up and more players get cut.

No blanket statement here just an opinion. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. There is nothing wrong with what I am stating. If they wanted someone they would of got them. They would of made other moves to make it happen. Instead they want to go through the draft. They also know they have other money coming off the books. So thy can sign someone later. There will be more cuts.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could we restructure right after signing? Could we structure a contract to 2M this year and 5 next year and after June 1st move it to 3.5 both years?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could of got rid of Baldwin, Synder, LMJ. Whoever they want to land someone. Im saying if there was someone that they wanted they would of done it. My opinion Nicks would of been a nice pick up for this team. They felt there was no one they really wanted so they stayed put. They will improve by the draft or after june 2nd when more money frees up and more players get cut.

No blanket statement here just an opinion. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. There is nothing wrong with what I am stating. If they wanted someone they would of got them. They would of made other moves to make it happen. Instead they want to go through the draft. They also know they have other money coming off the books. So thy can sign someone later. There will be more cuts.

I woke up on the right side of the bed. What are you 16?

You cried that we didn't sign a top free agent. I have pointed out why they didn't. You haven't stated what top free agent you wanted to sign other than Verner who isn't even a schematic fit for our defense. You haven't explained how they would have signed him. Instead you have backpedaled, lowered the rank of the free agent from "top" down to guys who aren't top and saying it can be done with moves that aren't possible.

Cutting Snyder, Baldwin, and LMJ (cutting LMJ at this point is foolish since we haven't replaced him with a punt returner yet) does not free up enough space to sign a "top" free agent. Once those 3 guys leave the roster 3 more guys join the roster as part of the collective Top 51. The difference in salaries does not equal enough for your idea.

Verner for example has a first year cap hit of $8,250,000. We currently have less than $4M in space for a 51 man roster. We will get $6.6M in space on June 2nd which is pretty much spot on for how much money we need to sign the rookie class. If we trade up in the draft that number most likely gets costlier. Where are we gonna get around $6M extra in cap space right now to sign a top free agent?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I woke up on the right side of the bed. What are you 16?

You cried that we didn't sign a top free agent. I have pointed out why they didn't. You haven't stated what top free agent you wanted to sign other than Verner who isn't even a schematic fit for our defense. You haven't explained how they would have signed him. Instead you have backpedaled, lowered the rank of the free agent from "top" down to guys who aren't top and saying it can be done with moves that aren't possible.

Cutting Snyder, Baldwin, and LMJ (cutting LMJ at this point is foolish since we haven't replaced him with a punt returner yet) does not free up enough space to sign a "top" free agent. Once those 3 guys leave the roster 3 more guys join the roster as part of the collective Top 51. The difference in salaries does not equal enough for your idea.

Sounds like you are the 16 year old. I will let this one go. Your having a bad day. Its happens.
Your not making much sense. They have enough to sign Nicks if they wanted to. They had enough to sign Thurmond, they had enough to sign Sanders. They could of signed either one if they wanted to.

My opinion I would of signed CB Verner and Major Wright at safety instead of signing Bethea(who I do like). We signed Bethea so signing Nicks would of been nice but I understand not signing him because its deep at WR class.

I think I know what might make you feel better:suds: Have a beer on me. Happy St Patty's Day.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are the 16 year old. I will let this one go. Your having a bad day. Its happens.
Your not making much sense. They have enough to sign Nicks if they wanted to. They had enough to sign Thurmond, they had enough to sign Sanders. They could of signed either one if they wanted to.

My opinion I would of signed CB Verner and Major Wright at safety instead of signing Bethea(who I do like). We signed Bethea so signing Nicks would of been nice but I understand not signing him because its deep at WR class.

I think I know what might make you feel better:suds: Have a beer on me. Happy St Patty's Day.

This conversation didn't start today moron. So the bad day schtick needs not apply. If you have a problem with facts then by all means walk away with pie on your face.

Nicks, Thurmond, and Sanders are not "top" free agents which is the term you used and your example was Verner. I just pointed out that A, he doesn't fit our defense, and B, I don't see how we could have afforded him.

So under your scenario we have team depth concerns, probably can't sign all our rookies, and a CB who doesn't excel at man coverage, plus we take a major downgrade at SS by signing a player who was terrible last year and is still unsigned. Great fucking idea kid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Polian

"Verner may not have top-end size or speed, but he is an excellent starting-level cornerback who plays with terrific toughness and a willingness to be physical. He has the strength and balance to be physical at or near the line of scrimmage without losing his feet with very good ball skills and on-ball production and an understanding of opposing route concepts. He lacks the elite short-area quickness and burst to match up against slot receivers but can ably handle perimeter cornerback duties. He is good at the point of catch, playing his technique through the catch and disrupting receivers. At age 25 and playing a premium position, he could cash in on the open market above this grade level."

Seems like he would of been fine playing man to man or in our Type of D. His only issue with him is that he thinks he would have trouble covering slot receivers.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what you think if he fits or not. That is who I like. He is 25 years old and is a Top 5-7 CB in the league. U have no Idea if he is good at man to man or not. Also we some what play Zone. We give the WR room off the line. M. Wright is an ok Safety and would of been a stop Gap. At least im coming up with ideas. U are just sitting there judging people. Great fucking job fuck tard. Get a fucking clue. This is a Thread where people post their opinions. None of us are GMs but every now and then some of us have good ideas.

Tryng to be nice to you and u have to go off with nonsense. Go get a beer because you sound like a 16 year old bitchy girl. Go get a beer:suds: Have some fun Enjoy life.

Its St. Patty's Day. Be Happy. Life is too short to be angry.

I'm not coming up with ideas. I'm explaining to you that not only do your ideas suck but they aren't feasible as well. Plus you cried about the team not doing them in the first place.
Thanks for also validating on your own that Verner is a poor system fit for us. Not being able to play the slot is a big fucking problem for our current team since we cut Rogers and were looking at a CB like Thurmond that excels in the slot. You picked an expensive piss poor fit in Verner. Brilliant. The Buccs traded Revis and signed Verner because guess what? They run a Cover 2.

I'm also the person you don't want to call a fuck tard. Enjoy your time away from the board.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never cried. keep making up stories. its all good. drink a beer and chill.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess I cant defend myself. u start with name calling and get angry when someone starts defending themselves. chill out and enjoy the day man. Its all good. we agree to disagree. no big deal.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wait a year before you can renegotiate a contract.

Thanks. That makes sense, otherwise this would be done all the time for cap strapped teams. Teams can do this now if they guarantee enough on the deal (if no signing bonus and money/base is low, it's less attractive).