• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much cap room are the niners currently sitting at?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on espn that its only 4 mil right now. Don't you guys have a ton of draft picks that will collectively eat that money up? How many guys do you currently have signed up for next year?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read on espn that its only 4 mil right now. Don't you guys have a ton of draft picks that will collectively eat that money up? How many guys do you currently have signed up for next year?

I saw 4.5 million floating around so 4 million could be correct enough to sign 1 big FA but we get 6.5 million on June 1st for cutting Rogers and we don't usually sign our draftees until the end of June - mid July so we will be fine as far as cap.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw 4.5 million floating around so 4 million could be correct enough to sign 1 big FA but we get 6.5 million on June 1st for cutting Rogers and we don't usually sign our draftees until the end of June - mid July so we will be fine as far as cap.
Ah I didn't realize that. You guys should be in fine shape then

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget all the money for kicking Snyder to the curb soon too. I just don't know why they haven't done it yet. Martin is so much better than him. $1.3 mill more to kick his sorry ass off the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we could and should make Gore restructure his contract too. he's sitting at 6.5 million or so. That could free up a couple of million

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could and should make Gore restructure his contract too. he's sitting at 6.5 million or so. That could free up a couple of million
That would be a tough sell to Gore. If those RBs you have waiting in the wings pan out, next year may very well be Gore's last with the team

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a tough sell to Gore. If those RBs you have waiting in the wings pan out, next year may very well be Gore's last with the team

I agree. If Latimore can come back from his injury, 2014 will be Gore's last year. Niners have Gore, Hunter, LMJ, and Latimore going into 2014. They may have to draft a RB in 2015.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if we convert his salary into a bonus then he has no cap or little cap. I believe we did this with another player but can't remember who. And that way Gore gets all of his money this year and we get cap relief.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have just under $4M until June 2nd when we get an additional $6.6M.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we convert his salary into a bonus then he has no cap or little cap. I believe we did this with another player but can't remember who. And that way Gore gets all of his money this year and we get cap relief.

You have to add a year or more to his deal to spread that bonus in order to generate space this year. Otherwise it all still counts this year because it is the last year of his deal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have around another 10 million when all is said and done. Thats why we could of grabbed a top FA if we wanted to. They decided not to. Verner would been a great pick up for us. Oh Well. Draft time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have around another 10 million when all is said and done. Thats why we could of grabbed a top FA if we wanted to. They decided not to. Verner would been a great pick up for us. Oh Well. Draft time.

Please explain how we would have grabbed this top free agent?

We have less than $4M in space right now. Which is why we were offering Thurmond $2M and Brown $3M. We can't use the $6.6M from Rogers until June 2nd. No top free agent in his right mind is gonna wait around for that to happen.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret, we already grabbed a top free agent. His name is Anquan Boldin.

Also, Verner is a zone CB which would have been a very poor system fit for us.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM said he thinks once Rogers money comes free we will look to sign Kap to a nice 3-5 year extension

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM said he thinks once Rogers money comes free we will look to sign Kap to a nice 3-5 year extension

Post links dude

You're like purgy's aggro second cousin.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have less than $4M in space right now. Which is why we were offering Thurmond $2M and Brown $3M. We can't use the $6.6M from Rogers until June 2nd. No top free agent in his right mind is gonna wait around for that to happen.

I'm gonna let you in on a secret, we already grabbed a top free agent. His name is Anquan Boldin.

Could we restructure right after signing? Could we structure a contract to 2M this year and 5 next year and after June 1st move it to 3.5 both years?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

U don't read, I said when all is said and done. Not right now. I know we have 4 million now but we could of still signed guys if we wanted to because they know more money will be freed up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time I post links. Some times I forget.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U don't read, I said when all is said and done. Not right now. I know we have 4 million now but we could of still signed guys if we wanted to because they know more money will be freed up.

I read perfectly fine. You said something that makes no sense and now refuse to try to explain. Answer...When all is said and done how do we sign a name free agent when they are all gonna be signed by June 2nd?
And no they aren't gonna wait for us to sign on June 2nd when our money frees up. That isn't the way name free agents operate. They sign early to usually the highest bidder. Over the hill guys that finally cave and sign with a team after they realize their demands aren't gonna be met is another thing entirely. Think about a free agent waiting until June 2nd to sign, he is risking a season ending injury while he is training, money drying up, teams changing their mind, teams filling needs with the draft. Also, by June 2nd there is gonna be a lot less teams with cash to compete for your services, so that team you waited for can just say hey we have lowered our offer, if you don't like it find someone else to meet your demands. Your idea is just illogical.

Last edited by a moderator:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've probably got big free agent without the trades. What was that 3-4 mil? I was only interested in Thurmond of all the guys that came in tho.