• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long do the Cowboys stick with Prescott before going to Dalton

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rotoworld week 6:
After some rusty play in Weeks 3 and 4, Wentz has started to resemble his would-have-been-if-not-for-injury 2017 MVP self over the past two weeks. He has 10 days to rest up for a Week 7 matchup with the Panthers.

Rotoworld week 7:
Wentz was very nearly perfect, but Cam Newton could not be stopped in the second half, and Philadelphia’s defense melted down after Doug Pederson’s offense built a 17-0 first-half lead. Wentz has played at a QB1-level in four straight games.

Rotoworld week 8:
Carson Wentz (back) was limited at Wednesday's practice.
Wentz followed the same routine last week. He'll be fine for Sunday's game in London.

Carson Wentz (back) was upgraded to full participation at Thursday's practice.

Wentz had an eventful opening drive...His final touchdown was a laser to Zach Ertz from five yards out to put the game out reach. Fully recovered from his injury, Wentz has been on fire over the last month. He will be a solid QB1 against the Cowboys following the bye.

Rotoworld week 10 (No Wentz news during Week 9 bye):
Carson Wentz completed 32-of-44 passes for 360 yards with two touchdown and an interception in Week 10 against the Cowboys.
The Eagles didn't even try to run in this one,

nfl.com/injuries/league/2018/REG7
Carson Wentz QB Full Participation in Practice

nfl.com/injuries/league/2018/REG8

So...basically he was limited for 1 day in practice. Hmmm!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld week 6:
After some rusty play in Weeks 3 and 4, Wentz has started to resemble his would-have-been-if-not-for-injury 2017 MVP self over the past two weeks. He has 10 days to rest up for a Week 7 matchup with the Panthers.

Rotoworld week 7:
Wentz was very nearly perfect, but Cam Newton could not be stopped in the second half, and Philadelphia’s defense melted down after Doug Pederson’s offense built a 17-0 first-half lead. Wentz has played at a QB1-level in four straight games.

Rotoworld week 8:
Wentz followed the same routine last week. He'll be fine for Sunday's game in London.

Wentz had an eventful opening drive...His final touchdown was a laser to Zach Ertz from five yards out to put the game out reach. Fully recovered from his injury, Wentz has been on fire over the last month. He will be a solid QB1 against the Cowboys following the bye.

Carson Wentz completed 32-of-44 passes for 360 yards with two touchdown and an interception in Week 10 against the Cowboys.

Yeah man, all reports at the time were that this likely occurred early in the season but, yeah ok Wikipedia and roto world. Sure.

Answering the biggest questions on Carson Wentz's back injury

The first time Wentz appeared on the injury report since his Week 3 return from ACL/LCL surgery was prior to the Oct. 12 game against the New York Giants. He was listed as a limited participant with the designation “not injury related -- rest.”

The following two weeks Wentz appeared on the report with a back injury and was limited on consecutive Wednesdays.

NBC reported during Sunday night's game Wentz said his stress fracture is related to previous lower-back problems.

Sounds like Carson Wentz dealt with back injury for much of last season

Ertz did let it slip, however, that Wentz suffered the back injury early last season, which suggests he was playing through it most of the year before finally being sidelined with three games to go in the regular season.

"The guy had a broken back early in the year," Ertz said. "I don't know if he knows exactly when it happened or whatnot. I don't know if he spoke about that, but he's just trying to be the best quarterback he can for this organization."

Asked to clarify that remark and whether it meant Wentz was physically compromised long before the injury was revealed, Ertz replied: "I'm not going to talk about that. I'm sorry. He can talk about specifics. I don't think it's my job to do that. I think I probably overspoke earlier."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld week 6:

Rotoworld week 7:

Rotoworld week 8:

You can't use anything that doesn't support his agenda.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't use anything that doesn't support his agenda.
I'm not saying Wentz wasn't injured or not hurt, but there were plenty of weeks when he wasn't on the injury report and he fully participated in practice. The implication is it wasn't as big a problem as is made out and the Eagles pulled him because at 6-7 their season was over. To quote the article he posted:

"Ertz said. "I don't know if he knows exactly when it happened or whatnot."

...and Wentz isn't saying. So...I don't see how Eagles fans can know either what happened or when it happened.

On a side note i've taken the same 'Guilty as charged' stance with Gurley. I'm pretty sure Gurley got hurt during 2018 but no-one can prove exactly when or how serious the injury was. In Gurley's case it ended his being a top RB. For Wentz it appeared to be a lot less serious.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team doctors ever go onto WIP to discuss injuries. They have doctors that have no ties to the team and haven't seen the player or medical information on them and just give broad medical opinions on air.

Of course no team doctors go on 97.5 since they're not signed with the Eagles and yes both stations do bring in independent doctors but 94.1 did during the off-season. They didn't give specifics of his injury cause I'm sure the team wouldn't want that info out but gave other examples and time frame.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd prefer a Wentz blow-up doll or a Wentz doll from myrealdoll.com

Note* Don't go to that site if your wife or boss is around.

He's probably top fan since Wentz can do no wrong in his eyes. G&G is probably #2 with AR.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dak misses a game and Dalton has to start (I could see it being against the Ravens), and then Dak is back the next week (against Dalton's former team no less).

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dak misses a game and Dalton has to start (I could see it being against the Ravens), and then Dak is back the next week (against Dalton's former team no less).

why do you think Dak will miss a game? Because of he's injury prone?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I have. Try stepping away from putting holes in your Wentz poster for a minute and find it.

So explain it again then. Why did Wentz start week 3 when the teams coaches and medical training staff didn't want him to play until week 5?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
explain why he started week 3, when you thought he should start in the pre-season?

He started in week 3 because the team was being overly cautious with him and didn't let him play till week 3.

It's simple as that, when you look at the history of QBs who tore their ACL around the same time or later than Wentz did, they all were ready to go by week 1 the following season. It was unprecedented that the Eagles held him out for a few weeks to start the season and I believe overly cautious.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started in week 3 because the team was being overly cautious with him and didn't let him play till week 3.

It's simple as that, when you look at the history of QBs who tore their ACL around the same time or later than Wentz did, they all were ready to go by week 1 the following season. It was unprecedented that the Eagles held him out for a few weeks to start the season and I believe overly cautious.
oh wow, that's the rationale on the injury...man i wish it was so cookie cutter like that....

ACL injuries:

If you're a qb....
If you're this age....
If your're this far removed from surgery......
If you're an eagle....

simple...thats all you need to determine if he's ok

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really think that if the team thought Wentz was ready by week 1 he wouldn't play?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Dak misses a game? He hasn't missed a game in his 4 years career. How do you know he'll miss a game? Can you see into the future?

Exactly which week of the season will Dak miss the first game of his career? Depending on who the Cowboys are playing that week it would be a good time to bet against them if Dalton's gonna start.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think that if the team thought Wentz was ready by week 1 he wouldn't play?

So why did he play week 3 then? Because this New Jersey Seahawks fan is claiming that the medical staff and team did not want Wentz playing until week 5.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif